Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banlist disappeared

Options
  • 05-12-2017 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Seems as if the banlist has disappeared with a redirect back to the main page. Is this a glitch or intentional?

Cheers,

Fr.D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Fr_Dougal,

This was intentional, as it was felt that the Banlist being visible to all didn't really add anything for the community at large. It is now only available to Boards staff and Admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Hi Mark,

I can understand your reasons for removing it, but I always found it helpful in giving a steer to posters who report trolls. It was a handy way to get feedback if you know what I mean.

Cheers,

Fr. D.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks, Father. That was much appreciated.

Thanks, Father. That was much appreciated.

550.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Serious! I appreciate that you give thought to reporting posts instead of blindly firing them off. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The "turnover" had become quite rapid on occasions with usernames (many of which became particularly offensive) dropping off within a day or so. You can still check on a user's status by clicking on their profile.

EDIT: And when I say offensive some were attacking ordinary users as well as Mods, CMods and Admins.

I was aware of the abusive usernames alright. Clicking on their profile won’t really work, Beasty. Once posts are deleted you need to search for a users profile, half the time you’d never find it.

It’s not a massive issue, but if there was any way a regular poster could be granted access to the list, they way you can be granted access to a forum, it would be great.

Advertisement