Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I opt out of my contract as a result of change

Options
  • 05-12-2017 5:47pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got the following text

[font=arial, sans-serif]'Great News! Your EU data roaming allowance has now been increased on your billpay plan. This means that you can continue to use calls and texts on your plan while travelling, plus now you'll have an even bigger chunk of data to use! For more info and to check your new allowance see [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]www.eir.ie/roam/data[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] The eir team'[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]You have changed my contracutal plan and I want to opt out. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I would like to opt out free of charge. Tried ringing CS. Useless. How to I do it via writing. Please provide an email address that I can send my cancellation?> [/font]

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Morbeous

Why would you want to cancel your contract when they have offered you more roaming data than before?  I don't understand as you will be getting more for your money than previously?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Any change of my plan is a change of contract and whether it is good or bad allows me to leave my contract without penalty. I wont to leave my contract without penalty. Its simple really.

I wont to write to Eir to confirm this. I'm sick of dealing with the 'loyalty team'  

A lot of threads answered but not mine? Please provide details as requested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

godtabh wrote: »
    Got the following text

[font=arial, sans-serif]'Great News! Your EU data roaming allowance has now been increased on your billpay plan. This means that you can continue to use calls and texts on your plan while travelling, plus now you'll have an even bigger chunk of data to use! For more info and to check your new allowance see [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]www.eir.ie/roam/data[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] The eir team'[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]You have changed my contracutal plan and I want to opt out. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I would like to opt out free of charge. Tried ringing CS. Useless. How to I do it via writing. Please provide an email address that I can send my cancellation?> [/font]
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you are looking to close your account while in contract you will be charged early cancellation charges. You will need to ring our cancellations department on 1901 to arrange this, it's not possible to do it in writing. 

Apologies for the delay in my response. We have a number of queries to respond to each day so the response time is not instant.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Adam,

eir have changed my contract. I can opt out without penalty. Please answer my question. Please provide an email address and/or postal address to issue my cancellation. 

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Got the following text

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you are looking to close your account while in contract you will be charged early cancellation charges. You will need to ring our cancellations department on 1901 to arrange this, it's not possible to do it in writing. 

Apologies for the delay in my response. We have a number of queries to respond to each day so the response time is not instant.

- Adam
    seriously Adam  did you even read the thread. I am interested in this although it has no impact on me presently it might in the future. A change in a contract good or bad is a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Adam,

eir have changed my contract. I can opt out without penalty. Please answer my question. Please provide an email address and/or postal address to issue my cancellation. 
    As per the agreement with the regulator, this change is beneficial to the customer and will not breach your contract in any way. As a result of this, if you do close your account, any early cancellation charges that are applied to your account will be valid. 

As advised in my previous message to you, if you are looking to close your account you need to ring us on 1901.

- Adam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

As per the agreement with the regulator, this change is beneficial to the customer and will not breach your contract in any way. As a result of this, if you do close your account, any early cancellation charges that are applied to your account will be valid. 

As advised in my previous message to you, if you are looking to close your account you need to ring us on 1901.

- Adam

This is true im afraid . You'll just have to just grin and bare it but I can understand why you'd want to get out . Eir are the most ignorant unprofessional shower to get in bed with . Hopefully the crooks wont be in business long .Put it down as a life lesson and move on

Indont care what you agreed to

The EU directive is very clear

‘Under Regulation 17 of the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Universal Services and Users' Rights) Regulations 2003, an operator shall, not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service and their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification.‘

I do not accept the modification. I have been notified of the modification. I am giving you my notice. I will be writing to Eir to confirm cancellation. This thread will be referenced.

• Advertisement

- Adam

Also it’s not a breach it’s a modification.

Adam,

- Adam
    What agreement and what regulator are you referring to here Adam, Is this Comreg?? can you let us know as I am sure people would like to know what else was agreed when it is quite clear in your terms and conditions that you are now modifying contracts and any one effected has the choice to cancel.

Eir are referring to this

‘No the new roaming rules do not result in the ability to withdraw from your contract. Where service providers make changes to their roaming tariffs and usage policies in order to comply with the requirements of this Regulation mobile customers do not have a right under national to withdraw from their contracts. The legal basis is set out in Recital 30 of Regulation (EU) 2015/2120 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015.’

This obligation was done on the 6th of June 2017.

‘Great news! From 15th June you can bring your calls, texts and 8.2GB of your data allowance with you while roaming in the EU. If you exceed your allowances you will pay the same rate as you would at home. More info at www.meteor.ie/billpay-eu. Happy travels from Meteor, part of the eir family.’

Eir are now amending this and gone behind their obligation and modified their contract.

‘Great News! Your EU data roaming allowance has now been increased on your billpay plan. This means that you can continue to use calls and texts on your plan while travelling, plus now you'll have an even bigger chunk of data to use! For more info and to check your new allowance see www.eir.ie/roam/data The eir team’

Simples really

Eir are referring to this

‘No the new roaming rules do not result in the ability to withdraw from your contract. Where service providers make changes to their roaming tariffs and usage policies in order to comply with the requirements of this Regulation mobile customers do not have a right under national to withdraw from their contracts. The legal basis is set out in Recital 30 of Regulation (EU) 2015/2120 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015.’

This obligation was done on the 6th of June 2017.

‘Great news! From 15th June you can bring your calls, texts and 8.2GB of your data allowance with you while roaming in the EU. If you exceed your allowances you will pay the same rate as you would at home. More info at www.meteor.ie/billpay-eu. Happy travels from Meteor, part of the eir family.’

Eir are now amending this and gone behind their obligation and modified their contract.

‘Great News! Your EU data roaming allowance has now been increased on your billpay plan. This means that you can continue to use calls and texts on your plan while travelling, plus now you'll have an even bigger chunk of data to use! For more info and to check your new allowance see www.eir.ie/roam/data The eir team’

Simples really
    I honestly think Meteor/Eir pulled a fast one in relation to the big roaming changes in June, Whereas Vodafone fully embraced the change and did not screw their customers. Three due to their unlimited data contracts simply where open with screwing their customers by not complying with the new changes and did the same as Meteor/Eir with one exception they did not refuse to accept people cancelling their contracts just took the hit.

Why is canwehelp@eir.ie now a restricted email address?

Please provide an email and/or postal address that I can write too

Please provide an update to my query. 

Advertisement