Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STAY AWAY FROM EIR

Options
  • 05-12-2017 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Customer service. Doesn’t exist.
    The service you sign up to doesn’t exist
    If you try to get any assistance “ oh nothing to do with us”. Pass the blame

Service went live 2nd Nov. they only thing efficient is the billing and direct debit withdrawals. They can get that piece correct

Still waiting on a modem to connect up to FTTH. Got the line installed but no modem. But they’ll continue to bill

Called multiple times emailed and contacted Adm via pm. Same response. Modem was posted. No longer Eir issue. Contact the courier. They have the modem somewhere

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I think there;s something in the contract that says "bla bla bla, billed from time of service start date, bla bla bla", and not when you get your modem and other  hardware.

Try cancel your contract, that's where the fun really starts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Customer service. Doesn’t exist.
    The service you sign up to doesn’t exist
    If you try to get any assistance “ oh nothing to do with us”. Pass the blame

Service went live 2nd Nov. they only thing efficient is the billing and direct debit withdrawals. They can get that piece correct

Still waiting on a modem to connect up to FTTH. Got the line installed but no modem. But they’ll continue to bill

Called multiple times emailed and contacted Adm via pm. Same response. Modem was posted. No longer Eir issue. Contact the courier. They have the modem somewhere
    Hi,

I have responded to your latest PM about this. We installed a modem when the service was installed, however, as this was faulty, we have to send you out a new modem which you have to be at home to collect.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭madyoke2009

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

I have responded to your latest PM about this. We installed a modem when the service was installed, however, as this was faulty, we have to send you out a new modem which you have to be at home to collect.

- Adam
    i was not at home on the Tuesday and Nightline reorganized the delivery for Friday.

They didn’t show up. I was st home all day
    It was then rescheduled for Monday I was at home all day and the courier did not arrived
    It was then rescheduled for today. Waited home again all day and no sign of the courier

I contacted Eir and once again told to contact Niteline

Niteline have advised they do NOT have a modem as it was returned to Eir

How do I get a modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Inviere

I would say your contract is with Eir, and not with Niteline. By any measure, this should be covered in the Sale of Goods/Supply of Services act. Based on the info provided, it's Eir who have given you grounds to cancel your contract prematurely, as they haven't/are not providing the service described in your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Ah, Eir and Nightline...well met

• Advertisement

Poulgorm wrote: »
    Ah, Eir and Nightline...well met

Still no modem. Still playing the hot potatoe game. Not me... not me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Good luck trying to cancel your account. I cancelled mine in September. Still getting bills. Not paying ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It speaks volumes that the debt collectors hired by Eircom when you refuse to pay an early cessation charge are actually much more pleasant to deal with than Eircom itself. 

Advertisement