Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new framesets usually come with headsets?

Options
  • 05-12-2017 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

bought a frameset from Planet X, it had a headset listed in the specs but didnt have one when it arrived.

Headset ModelHoldsworth Gran Sport 1 1/8th/FSA MX

surely if it wasnt included they would have stated "not included", Im pretty sure Ive had headsets included with all the framesets Ive bought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Never got a headset with a frameset

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

regardless of whatever usual practice is, if it was listed on the spec list, i'd expect it to be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

My Kinesis CX Pro 6 frameset came with TWO headsets.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Whether one is included in the price or not, I always ask for the seller to fit a headset and sometimes the fork crown race (if fork is included).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Bought a few framesets over the last year or two, all included headsets. Scott, cannondale and specialized.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If it is listed in the specs, I would expect it to be there. If it wasn't, I might have asked or not bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Have a bowman frame set due this week headset included

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Have built 30+ new framesets (mainly carbon middle to top end) and only once was headset not included. It was clearly highlighted that it wasn't included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Bob Jackson framesets don't come with a headset, but nor are they mentioned on the website.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Type 17 wrote: »
    Bob Jackson framesets don't come with a headset, but nor are they mentioned on the website.

I suppose the point is in the OPs case, it is mentioned in the description, it is not mentioned in the BJ website.

I know what I said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

got a response to my email today

Hello,

I'm sorry if anywhere on the website mentions that it comes with a headset, because it does not come with a headset.

This will have be ordered separately.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Christian Sutton

25073305_10159838219700604_2074679812222299456_o.jpg?oh=876732739685f759be3fa36fe1c0ad55&oe=5AC3DCB2

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Christian Sutton

Well Christian, it sounds like he needs a headset.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Hello,

I'm sorry if anywhere on the website mentions that it comes with a headset, because it does not come with a headset.

This will have be ordered separately.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Christian Sutton
    that's a horrendously bad response. he should have offered to send you one out FOC.

I thought it was really bad too. I had a worse experience with Planet X a few years ago, it actually turned me off from buying from them again for a while.

they also seem to be very slow at replying

I only need a basic FSA headset that is oem with many bikes, was hoping to have my bike ready to go this week

Advertisement