Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Ballyfermot

Options
  • 05-12-2017 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else found (despite the lovely new facelift) Tesco in ballyfermot a nightmare to pay for stuff lately?
    I drop in on my way home from work in the evenings and they have all the self service checkouts closed off and only one or two checkouts open with queues of people down the aisles waiting to pay.
    There were a few people f'ing and blinding last night it was such a long wait, I felt sorry for the two ladies on the tills. Staff wandering around could easily have been manning the self service. They're there to accommodate customers after all..?
    There's also a lotto/newsagent till that several people with only a couple of items could have gone to but the lady manning that toddled off too..and supposedly you can only do the lotto or buy cigarettes there anyway.
    It seems mad to have to take a different route to find another supermarket when that's my local, but looks like I'll have to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Complain to Tesco head office?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,299 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

So they did it up? Thought the only solution to that place was to nuke it from orbit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I think this is a recurring problem for that store. They only ever have two staffed checkouts and three of the four self-checkouts working at any one time. Pain in the ar*e when you've to queue halfway up the smellies aisle.

That's what it's been like each time I've been in. And this varies from evening / weekends.

You can say it to them on @TescoIrl twitter and they'll get back to you fairly quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

retalivity wrote: »
    So they did it up? Thought the only solution to that place was to nuke it from orbit

:pac:

Not really. They just opened up the entrance there and boxed off the customer services desk. Didn't to anything to the rest of the store...

Wait no.. they changed the bread bit around... oh the excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

It's an 80s time warp in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Don't forget the new floors!
    I don't understand what the issue is. Every other Tesco I use you're in and out in 5 mins, even the one in Jervis which is always busy.
    Must be the management. I thought about complaining but it's widely known then place is disastrous. I just think it's particularly bad lately and don't get why they can't have someone running the self scan section so people can get going.
    Between that and the guys begging at the door I find myself having second thoughts going there at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Worst Tesco in Ireland

The management hang around the door chatting but wouldn’t take five paces to fix the mat that customers trip over. Not a basket to be found near the door and a manager would not dream of collecting some from the tills, no too busy chatting

The floor and general appearance of the place is shabby and dirty. You can compare to Clarehall which is sparkling in comparison but I guess that’s HQ

The older staff were institutionalized and chat among themselves leaving you standing like a fool at the tills. If ever some staff were due redundancy so younger fresher staff can start its these lot. The younger staff in Tesco Ballyfermot are helpful and hard working

Victory Outreach hassling me to support the fight against drugs outside the door but VO is a bit controversial and the “clients” are instructed to raise that money all day and bring the takings back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Worst Tesco in Ireland

The management hang around the door chatting but wouldn’t take five paces to fix the mat that customers trip over. Not a basket to be found near the door and a manager would not dream of collecting some from the tills, no too busy chatting

The floor and general appearance of the place is shabby and dirty. You can compare to Clarehall which is sparkling in comparison but I guess that’s HQ

The older staff were institutionalized and chat among themselves leaving you standing like a fool at the tills. If ever some staff were due redundancy so younger fresher staff can start its these lot. The younger staff in Tesco Ballyfermot are helpful and hard working

Victory Outreach hassling me to support the fight against drugs outside the door but VO is a bit controversial and the “clients” are instructed to raise that money all day and bring the takings back

Institutionalized is a good word! I totally agree a lot of the younger staff are great...some of the older ones are too, there's a few that are lovely. But there are also a few that I will consciously avoid dealing with due to just general bad attitude and/or leaving you standing like an idiot while they talk over your head.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I sent them multiple pictures of flies in all the cake packets over the last 12 months. They never did anything about it. Only when the health authority forced them to do anything did they bother.

It is genuinely the worst Tesco I have ever been in. They never have stuff in stock. They constantly move stuff around. They never have the self service working within an hour or 2 of closing. They also are the slowest at the tills. I've complained multiple times to head office so they could "pass it onto the managers". Unfortunately they're the worst of the lot of them.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Worst Tesco in Ireland

VO are still about? Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

antodeco wrote: »
    They never have the self service working within an hour or 2 of closing.
    When stuff like this happens, it is usually managers and cash office staff wanting to finish up early.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Haven't seen Victory Outreach anywhere since the Firhouse centre ceased to be (well before the Scientologists took over). Not sure which of them is worse actually - both brainwashing setups.

L1011 wrote: »
    Haven't seen Victory Outreach anywhere since the Firhouse centre ceased to be (well before the Scientologists took over). Not sure which of them is worse actually - both brainwashing setups.

Victory Outreach never had a centre in Firhouse. Victory Christian Fellowship owned that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Were they not one and the same?

If not they both operated on brainwashing anyway. Also VO were virulently homophobic

L1011 wrote: »
    Were they not one and the same?

If not they both operated on brainwashing anyway. Also VO were virulently homophobic

Nope, not the same at all. I was a member of VO back in the day, brainwashed teenager and all that. They had nothing to do with each other.

After the Prime Time documentary, they split into two different churches, afaik VO are operating as a smaller outfit in the city centre using a community centre for services. The original pastors formed their own church called Freedom Ministries, I'm not quite sure where they operate from but know people who attend.

Advertisement