Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KN and Eir are taking a hand

Options
  • 05-12-2017 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Were do I start:

We were sold a broadband phone and TV package on the 19th of June 2017. Great. really happy with the package we bought, except, it hasn't been installed yet and its now the 12th of December 2017.

We called Eir today to see what the latest was and were told that it would be January 2018 before it would be installed now.

We have had 8 KN crews call to the house, all of which were obviously a 'we fulfilled our appointment with you' excerise. On one of these occasions I ended up having a row with the technician as it was 7pm when they finally arrived, they then proceeded to stare down a inspection chamber to make it look like they did something, then jumped back in the vans to head off. We had someone waiting for them in the house from early morning.

Everything was, "I cant do that its a 2 man job" or a "duct is blocked underground" (when I've already installed draw ropes for them!). One BS excuse after the other.

I'm an electrical contractor, so I am well versed in network installation and know when I'm being given a BS excuse. I would love to give detail of every KN visit to our house as some of them could have been something from a comedy sketch.

Anyway, to make a long story short I cancelled everything today, so either KN wont get paid for their 8 visits, or eir, wont get the money back they've already paid KN for this inept service. Everyone looses including me as customer.

Forgot to add, Our phone was disconnected the same time we signed up for the package on the 19th of June. Still not fixed and we have been told that we may not get the same number! We are trying to run a business from home. Really disappointed. We have always been loyal customers to eircom/ eir and as a proud Donegal man was delighted to see KN doing so well. As I said really disappointed in the incompetency of both companies.

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭darkmark79

I thought I was having it bad ,I'm only wait since mid September . Same inept service with cancelled appointment after appointment, no call to explain ,missed days off work etc. KN are a joke to deal with BS after BS. I think Eir should be ashamed of the service they provide. I could go onto details bit on not getting worked up over this sh1t anymore.
    I hope Eir start to address these issues, next stop is a formal complaint to Comreg .
    Regards
    Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kayhannah

Sorry, correction to my original post today is the 5th of December. Thanks, I never thought of comreg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

kayhannah wrote: »
    Were do I start:

We were sold a broadband phone and TV package on the 19th of June 2017. Great. really happy with the package we bought, except, it hasn't been installed yet and its now the 12th of December 2017.

We called Eir today to see what the latest was and were told that it would be January 2018 before it would be installed now.

We have had 8 KN crews call to the house, all of which were obviously a 'we fulfilled our appointment with you' excerise. On one of these occasions I ended up having a row with the technician as it was 7pm when they finally arrived, they then proceeded to stare down a inspection chamber to make it look like they did something, then jumped back in the vans to head off. We had someone waiting for them in the house from early morning.

Everything was, "I cant do that its a 2 man job" or a "duct is blocked underground" (when I've already installed draw ropes for them!). One BS excuse after the other.

I'm an electrical contractor, so I am well versed in network installation and know when I'm being given a BS excuse. I would love to give detail of every KN visit to our house as some of them could have been something from a comedy sketch.

Anyway, to make a long story short I cancelled everything today, so either KN wont get paid for their 8 visits, or eir, wont get the money back they've already paid KN for this inept service. Everyone looses including me as customer.

Forgot to add, Our phone was disconnected the same time we signed up for the package on the 19th of June. Still not fixed and we have been told that we may not get the same number! We are trying to run a business from home. Really disappointed. We have always been loyal customers to eircom/ eir and as a proud Donegal man was delighted to see KN doing so well. As I said really disappointed in the incompetency of both companies.

K
    Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear that you experienced these issues with your installation. Unfortunately, if additional work has to be carried out before the services can be installed, you will receive a forecast date which is subject to change depending on the level of work that's required to be carried out. I completely understand how inconvenient and frustrating this is, however, we can't move these dates forward.

As you have cancelled your account, I won't be able to look into this for you to see what work needs to be done.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kayhannah

The work is done, all that's required is to install the thing.
    Dissapointing service. The connections past me have been connected months ago. It's a radial line. Doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jordoo

Kn are a disgrace to deal with. Had the exact same issue as yourself. Time after time they'd come out and have some BS excuse as to why they couldn't do it. And to make it worse they'd come at random days and times without ever confirming it with me. Cancelled outright and went to Virgin. Engineer was out the next day and broadband was installed, definetly worth the extra tenner a month for good customer service!! 

• Advertisement
Advertisement