Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture foam recycling

Options
  • 05-12-2017 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if foam cushions and foam parts of sofas are recyclable generally?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

TomOnBoard wrote:
    Anyone know if foam cushions and foam parts of sofas are recyclable generally?

I don't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I don't think so

I was afraid of that. I hate to be putting it into landfill.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,527 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I don't think so

I was afraid of that. I hate to be putting it into landfill.

Was actually looking at the recycling guidelines last night, I felt they were a bit lacking, I suspect a lot of our potentially recyclable goods are not recycled at all. I believe foam and foam products are a landfill operators worst nightmare, particularly in relation to drilling for methane extraction, but what options have we for disposal? My local recycling centres take mattresses, but for a fee, I'm not sure how they dispose of them, but I've reason to believe they are stripped down, and whatever materials that can be recycled are, the waste is probably landfilled and/or incinerated.

Advertisement