Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question About New LNB

Options
  • 05-12-2017 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

So I went to power city today and bought an LNB to replace one that was working but had all the wires stuck in it and one of the connections was broken where I tried to remove the stuck cable with a vice grips. Also it was sellotaped onto the bracket because even the bracket was snapped :D

Anyway I'm using a sky+HD box and these are the results I got

Sky intro

Old LNB

Signal Level : 80%
    Signal Quality : 90%

New LNB

Signal Level : 100%

Itv channels

Old LNB

Signal Level : 70/80%

New LNB

Signal Quality 90%

More4 channels

Old LNB

Signal Level : 60/70%

New LNB

Signal Quality 90%

90% was the highest I could get the quality I couldn't get it to go to 100%

The main problem I have here is as I was aligning the dish I started shaking it messing because I was saying that would happen if it got windy then my ma said that's gone off now the bars are empty and I was thinking how I didn't do anything only shook the dish and it was still aligned the same. I decided because it made no sense I smacked the LNB with the handle of the screwdriver and she said there it came back on now.

Basically it has better signal but should I bring this back and get a replacement the same as it as surely it must be faulty. It's working now but if there's a bit of wind that's probably going to happen again and I'll be out trying to hit the thing with a sweeping brush or something :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Signal quality of 90% is fine. It won't make a scrap of difference whether it's 80%, 90% or 100%....

If it's not broken, don't fix it!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭steo2k9

exaisle wrote: »
    Signal quality of 90% is fine. It won't make a scrap of difference whether it's 80%, 90% or 100%....

If it's not broken, don't fix it!

Thanks for the info. The signal strength on this is a lot stronger though I was only getting 60% on more4+1 at times but it was still working. The broken connector on the LNB is why I changed it basically.

Advertisement