Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bastards in the work space

• 05-12-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭

So recently there have been people complaining that the food they leave in the fridge for lunch gets either eaten or take nibbles from it and put it back.
    Seemed to die down a bit until a friend showed me the chicken breast he had made had chunks taken out of it.
    One lady in particular buys expensive milk for some reason (soya I believe) and also leaves it in the fridge till one day she noticed the newly bought carton was empty.
    After it happened again she decided revenge was hers and got a carton of the soya milk and poured sour milk and fairly liquid into it.
    Mixed it up and away she went to the work the next day.
    Came back later on to find the carton open and left on the counter with wet patches on the floor and never ever had problems again.
    Now we've a new issue where people who leave cigarettes on their desks for the night come back to find half the smokes gone or in some case an empty box.
    Some utter ****ers these days in offices.
    Does anyone else encounter this kind of crap?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

bear1 wrote: »
    So recently there have been people complaining that the food they leave in the fridge for lunch gets either eaten or take nibbles from it and put it back.
    Seemed to die down a bit until a friend showed me the chicken breast he had made had chunks taken out of it.
    One lady in particular buys expensive milk for some reason (soya I believe) and also leaves it in the fridge till one day she noticed the newly bought carton was empty.
    After it happens again she decided revenge was hers and got a carton of the soya milk and placed poured sour milk and fairly liquid into it.
    Came back later on to find the carton open and left on the counter with wet patches on the floor and never ever had problems again.
    Now we've a new issue where people who leave cigarettes on their desks for the night come back to find half the smokes gone or in some case an empty box.

See, for me, lunches, dinners, sandwiches etc are no-go items - absolutely... but your milks, butters, ketchups n whatnot are kinda communal. You leave milk in the work fridge, it's fair game if you ask me...

Controversial topic this... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Just put a few bogies in your sandwich. Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Put a sticker on your food marked - "Poisoned"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I disagree.
    If you go out of your way to buy expensive items and you trust that leaving it in a fridge for workers will be safe then no one should have the right without asking to use said product.
    Wouldn't matter what the item is to me if someone is using it without asking it's being a prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

I disagree.
    If you go out of your way to buy expensive items and you trust that leaving it in a fridge for workers will be safe then no one should have the right without asking to use said product.
    Wouldn't matter what the item is to me if someone is using it without asking it's being a prick.

So cheaper items are ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

I was working on a wall for several years to protect our people then this bastard came in, he knew nothing, took over our workplace, and let dodgy people through the dang wall.
    Jon snow was his name I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

Put a post it on my milk " I spat in this"
    Came back at lunch and some so & so had written " So did I"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

After it happened again she decided revenge was hers and got a carton of the soya milk and poured sour milk and fairly liquid into it.
    Cigarettes should be burned, foul pestulant things they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Just buy your own fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Just buy your own fridge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Not a problem for me, I never bring lunch, but a few colleagues do and often blame me if their stuff is took, I never touch it, I buy my lunch everyday. Fcuk them too the bastards, deserve to get their mingy sambos stolen.

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    So cheaper items are ok?

Nope, I'm using the milk as the example here.
    Regardless of the cost I wouldn't agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

If somebody drank fairy liquid they would have a pretty good case to sue. Pretty pretty pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I always wonder what's wrong with people that they think nothing of using other people's stuff without their permission. These kind of twits ruin it for everyone— half the advice in the last thread was "get rid of the fridge".

Why can't people just keep their hands off what isn't theirs? Is that honestly so hard for people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

DivingDuck wrote: »
    I always wonder what's wrong with people that they think nothing of using other people's stuff without their permission. These kind of twits ruin it for everyone— half the advice in the last thread was "get rid of the fridge".

Why can't people just keep their hands off what isn't theirs? Is that honestly so hard for people?

It depends. Milk is communal, so is bread. Your mothers hot stew is yours to keep.

It depends. Milk is communal, so is bread.

Who says, though? If I buy it, what gives you the right to take and use it?

I'm sure you're perfectly fine with someone using your communal items, so it's not a hypocrisy issue but one of fairness. Why should the folks who wouldn't dream of touching anything belonging to someone else (and we do exist, I promise) have to share their things when they're not using anyone else's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Camera in the canteen,

camera = bastard eradicator,

Camera in the canteen,

camera = bastard eradicator,

My first thought, but there's all kinds of data protection issues with this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Years ago there was an issue with large amounts of food going missing from a canteen in an office I worked in.
    The chief suspect was one of the chefs who arrived in early every morning. Management assumed he was on the stroke.

Anyways a plan was hatched to catch him in act where three managers arrived in earlier than him to catch him out.

Turned out that one of waitresses used to travel in with him and they were doing the hokey kokey in locker rooms before starting work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Well that's great input right there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Reminds me of:

Why do people name their food in work?
    Today I ate a snadwich called Brian....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Use a small picnic bag. Keeps the food cold. It's what I use and it solves the problem :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Turned out that one of waitresses used to travel in with him and they were doing the hokey kokey in locker rooms before starting work.

But who stole the grub !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Stoner wrote: »

But who stole the grub !

I dunno , three managers catching the chef and the waitress doing the hokey kokey was more interesting.

I dunno , three managers catching the chef and the waitress doing the hokey kokey was more interesting.

Not to the lad who owned the food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

You do realise that it’s the burning that makes them foul pestulant things...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I can't believe people still do it, but it 100% goes on. Wtf are people thinking when they eat another person's sandwich? This isn't an isolated incident. It's genuinely widespread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Christ. I thought the sandwiches were supplied by the company. I ate three.

If somebody drank fairy liquid they would have a pretty good case to sue. Pretty pretty pretty good

On what grounds? Fairy liquid is harmless, that's why people use it for washing their plates, cups and cuttlery. If it was in any way dangerous Fairy would be regularly paying out to idiots who accidentally on purpose drink a cupful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Deub

Put laxative in the milk then wait for the start of the show.
    Make sure to remove all the rolls from the toilets before.

Deub wrote: »
    Put laxative in the milk then wait for the start of the show.
    Make sure to remove all the rolls from the toilets before.

Maybe do a whip around for the cleaners beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Get a pack of these sandwich bags

f3cb272b3ecdf8b8ed8a6b055ad8b12f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Just stay at home all the time if you can wrangle it.

Privacy and sanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

That's the same bullsh*t reasoning that protects criminals in this country. If it wasn't theirs, they shouldn't be drinking/eating it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Cocoon wrote: »

Sandwich will be thrown out. I put my sandwich in the fridge at 8.30, seen it there at 11 when I got some milk, and it was gone at 12.30 by some bitch who left a note that something was gone off in the fridge / someone left the fridge open so she proceeded to dump everything in the fridge. Ffs, she might do that in her own house, but that was my sandwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

myshirt wrote: »
    Cocoon wrote: »

Sandwich will be thrown out. I put my sandwich in the fridge at 8.30, seen it there at 11 when I got some milk, and it was gone at 12.30 by some bitch who left a note that something was gone off in the fridge / someone left the fridge open so she proceeded to dump everything in the fridge. Ffs, she might do that in her own house, but that was my sandwich.

My sandwich... MY SAAAANDWIIIICHHH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

All private items must be locked or password encrypted.
    Anything that isn't tied down you might as well count as gone.

My lunch stays in a locker. Bring my own cutlery, and salt sachets.
    Trust and rely on no one.

On what grounds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    So cheaper items are ok?

No but if its a clearly more expensive item than say regular milk then its pretty obvious , even more obvious than usual, the buyer didn't buy it for communal use

wakka12 wrote: »
    No but if its a clearly more expensive item than say regular milk then its pretty obvious , even more obvious than usual, the buyer didn't buy it for communal use

Maybe just assume it's not for communal use unless the purchaser expressly says it is, rather than assuming it is for communal use unless the purchaser expressly says it isn't?

Don't take things you didn't buy without the person who bought it saying you can. This isn't a hard concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I must be blessed. After nearly 20 years in different offices, the amount of bad people is pretty small. In fact, most were annoying rather than bad. Maybe I was the bastard.

Talking anything from a work fridge or cupboard that's not explicitly communal is just acting the cnut as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

That said, maybe I was the bastard.

Wear that badge with pride!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

We have our own fridge in our office because the communal one is rank. In our office one, no one in a million years would take anything without asking and we keep it clean.

In the communal one in the coffee room there's a good chance some of the stuff walks out by itself. Rotten.

I'm fussy enough about food though so there's not a chance I'd eat anything if I didn't know where it came from. The thoughts of people who'll eat food from unknown sources terrifies me more than the thoughts of the thieving bastards tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I used to keep a tub of butter in the fridge for toast and the odd time someone would use it but I always put it down to someone thinking it was theirs because a few people would use the same brand. I may have had a few yogurts go missing over the years as well but nothing consistent.

I’ve never working in a company where the milk wasn’t provided by the company though. Major pain in the arse having to bring your own milk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

You'd need to be some prick to drink someone else's soya milk. Surely it would be obvious to anyone that they bought it because they couldn't drink ordinary milk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The boss leaving his lunches and partial lunches to rot in the fridge. One rule for us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

This happened to me a few years ago. I used to buy a six pack of yoghurts and leave them in the fridge on a Monday morning. They’d usually be all gone by Thursday (I’d have had 3 of them and 3 stolen)

One week after one was taken, I put a note on the rest of them saying

“Smile for the hidden camera!... you have 24hrs to come to me and apologise for stealing my yoghurts otherwise I will email the video to everyone in the building telling them not to leave food in the fridge as you steal it”

That day a girl cane to me and apologised for stealing my yoghurt. I took great delight in telling her there was no camera and to go and buy her own fücking food in future. I have no doubt she was stealing other people’s food too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement