Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Q cables for new build.

Options
  • 05-12-2017 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi All,

I completely overlooked the need for coax cables when doing my electrical plan. I've ordered Sky Q and I'm trying to figure out how the Sky engineer will run the cables.

I'm assuming they will just bring the cable down the front of the house and maybe clip to to something and then drill into the living room. Can't imagine it will be done neatly since the engineers have to cover a number of call outs every day.

Anyone have any thoughts? I do have a cat 5 cable coming from the attic to the area I will be putting the sky box but not sure if I could use that as a pull wire.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

There may be another complication, you need 2 coax cables for Sky Q, so it will all depend on the size of the conduit that's in place

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm with sky over 25 years in 2 homes. I've always found the work to be neat. I also find the lads very obliging. They've left me extra long cables that I put under the floor after they left.

Don't be afraid to ask the engineer. If he can do it, then he will

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

There may be another complication, you need 2 coax cables for Sky Q, so it will all depend on the size of the conduit that's in place

Yep I'm aware. The cat5 runs behind the wall and is much thinner than coax. Looking to it will have to be run external.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,460 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The coax they used on my sky q was much thinner than traditional stuff. I believe it's called WF65

• Registered Users Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I believe it's called WF65

One of the CAI certified twin type 0.65mm co-ax cables.

• Advertisement
Advertisement