Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Competition for third level courses

• 06-12-2017 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I was wondering with a level 5 qqi for entry into college how competitive is the entry since I'm afraid I might not get all 8 distinctions in my modules, since one of the modules is pretty tricky and I only managed to get a pass from one of the assignment, another 2 to go for the module itself, but other than that the other 7 I'm pretty confident that I can get distinctions in them. I just was wondering is the competition for 3 rd level place into college difficult or not via level 5 qqi, because I'm trying to get into a course with a minimum of 5 distinction subjects for a computer science through arts or through science, 5 places for each so 10 in total, so I'll be applying for both since I don't mind if I do art or sciences but back to the point I was just wondering if anyone got into college with a qqi level 5 with the minimum amount of distinctions required for the course, computer science domain if possible, but any other experiences are welcome from people,hopefully I can get some relief from someone, hopefully not stress provoking answers that will just stress me out even more.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It depends on the course. Contact the college and ask them what the minimum number of modules was for entry last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Dono98Ire wrote: »
    a computer science through arts

I would strongly discourage you from doing this course. Any computer science jobs will require a background in science or engineering, don't torpedo your career even before it starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 CfJr

I would assume that these these courses are based in Maynooth University?
    If so, the points required last year were something around 370 for Computer Science through Arts, and 340 for through Science, through the QQI scoring scheme. I can't seem to find these numbers right now, so these are based roughly off memory.

Advertisement