Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Headphones for about 150?

• 06-12-2017 2:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,601 ✭✭✭✭

I've been down the rabbit hole of the internet looking at this question over the last couple of days. And if there's anything sure to fry your head it's reading about headphones for hours on end

Basically I'm looking for something that mixes functionality and comfort - nothing too big and showy, not interested in oversized 'phones - with good quality clear and balanced sound and because I'll be doing the vast, vast majority of my music listening through my phone, while on the move, doesn't require an enormous amount of power to sound good. Has to be wired and I'd have a preference towards over ear, but it's not a deal breaker.

Easy, right? Right....?

My budget would be about 150, but maybe it could stretch to 200 at a push. I realise at that price I won't get absolutely mind-blowing audio, but there surely has to be something worth considering within that range.

I own a pair of Sennheiser 650's and they are really good, but strictly for home use. I also own some 4.30's which are pretty damn good, but they have a pronounced emphasis on bass; I'm searching for something close with more neutral character and more fidelty to how the music is supposed to sound

Comments

Advertisement