Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any 1x road bikers in here?

Options
  • 06-12-2017 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

Looking for a winter/commuter bike and a 1x drive chain seems to make alot of sense with, dare i say it, disc brakes. (Less bits to wash and tune during the cold winter spins and commutes)

Any 1x bikers in here? Budget around 1-1.5k and looking for recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Boardman team cx 1x and hydraulic brakes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Borderfox wrote: »
    Boardman team cx 1x and hydraulic brakes
    This is what I would be going for if I didn't already have a disc brake defy that's going to become the winter bike!

Ball park similar priced 1x options on Planetx in carbon, both cross and adventure/ garvel bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

The boardman looks good. Would it tow a child trailer? That's another requirement:D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

jon1981 wrote: »
    The boardman looks good. Would it tow a child trailer? That's another requirement:D
    Do you think they may do a trade-in? Big demand for children this time of year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Beasty wrote: »
    Do you think they may do a trade-in? Big demand for children this time of year :)

There's a thought, however children has created this opportunity for a new bike! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i was commuting on a 1*11 (38) for a while, it was fine. spinning out about 45kph iirc

Advertisement