Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air raid siren around the city earlier

Options
  • 06-12-2017 10:33am

Did anyone her the Air Raid siren go off this morning, a little before 8?

Is it the Russians?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Did anyone her the Air Raid siren go off this morning, a little before 8?

Is it the Russians?

The oil tanks do tests every now and again to make sure they are ready in case of emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Missed this mornings. Heard it again maybe an hour or so ago, and vaguely wondered if I was supposed to know what to do when it goes off (I don't).

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Fire station used to have a siren to summon in staff. Twas a long time ago before pagers n mobiles etc. Could be heard in Newcastle sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

westgolf wrote: »
    Fire station used to have a siren to summon in staff. Twas a long time ago before pagers n mobiles etc. Could be heard in Newcastle sometimes.

I remember all my family doing the sign of the cross every time they heard that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/defence-forces-carry-out-major-training-exercise-on-how-to-respond-to-terrorist-attack-36385318.html

There was a training exercise in dublin today. Maybe they carried out some training here as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,480 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Culling students

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MataofK

i think they test it every 1st Wednesday of the month .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

It is I, warning you of my doomsday device

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The British are coming, one if by land three if by air.

It's Galway ain't no one coming by seas...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Curly head

It was coming from the university college hospital area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement