Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't see 'sent' private messages

Options
  • 06-12-2017 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hi

I can see my 'received' pms but can't see the above.

Can you sort please.

Thanks

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Tigerandahalf,

You will need to have this setting enabled in your User Control Panel: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions. Under Private Messaging, you should see "When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder." Please ensure that the checkbox is ticked and any PM that you send should be saved from this point on. You will have to bear in mind that saved sent PMs will count towards your total PM allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Can I ask why this isn't turned on by default. I only discovered it recently and it really makes previous pms conversations a bit useless without being able to see both sides of the conversation. I get you don't want to be storing huge amounts of messages but I still think it should really be turned on by default and just warn a user when they are close to limit. I've never seen any other messaging system which doesn't store sent messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Thanks

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I believe it's mainly to make sure people don't use up their allocation rapidly, but I'll pass your suggestion along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement