Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS520 no lights on keypad

Options
  • 06-12-2017 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

We moved into a house with an Aritech CS250 Alarm system with keypads mounted around the house.

There was always lights on this keypad indicating it was on even though we only used it once or twice.

We just came back from a few days away and now there is no lights on any of the keypads but there is a message on each saying the system version number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Sounds like a battery problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wilmoth2

Sounds like a battery problem.

Ya I was thinking that alright but I thought that the alarm would be run off the mains power?

And if it is a battery is that located in the main power unit and is it something that can can be done without an engineer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The battery is located in the main control panel (not the keypad)
    You will need a 12 volt DV rechargeable battery 7 amp.
    Something like this.
    GTO-RB500-Battery-12Volt-7amp-Hr-Gate-Opener-Batteries.JPG
    If you have a multi meter check the voltage on the battery leads after you disconnect the battery.
    Its a well known problem with this panel for the charge voltage to drop .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Wilmoth2 wrote: »
    Ya I was thinking that alright but I thought that the alarm would be run off the mains power?

And if it is a battery is that located in the main power unit and is it something that can can be done without an engineer.

Yes it should but if the battery runs low enough it can pull down the system.

Advertisement