Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U Caller

Options
  • 06-12-2017 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

Anybody ever use the speaker for the u Caller for calling fox's. Would it be so load as to frighten them away.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

Not sure but the flash from the camera definately would ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Not sure but the flash from the camera definately would ;)

?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 314 ✭✭Walter Mittys Brother

As you'd not be using a ucaller for hunting as Wildlife Act 1976, Section 35 (1) (d) deems that to be illegal I assumed your were taking photos.

I may be wrong on both counts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Not so much as photographing them more of a head count just to see how many are around. Sort of a head count.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

Its fairly loud alright, too loud really, unless you just wanted to get his attention from the next parish!! I normally just use the speaker on the unit itself, plenty good if he is within ear shot. (No pun intended) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

They improve your audience numbers for sure. Start off low, and increase gradually until you hear birds calling back. If after a while, no more birds are coming in, then increase volume to pull in birds that are further away. They should commit well, not aware of any loud noises that may have occurred.

Advertisement