Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrendous new customer experience

Options
  • 06-12-2017 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

I saw this coming but the poor level of customer service has been worse than expected.

Against my better judgement, signed up to Eir out in Pavillions in Swords a month ago. The bundle I was sold seemed too good to turn down:

Broadband
    TV
    Home Phone
    Unlimited mobile plan
    €100 off the cost of a new mobile
    Free Tablet
    Credit for €200 Virgin cancellation fee

For €50 per month for the first 12 months rising to €106 per month thereafter. 18 month contract. 

Alarm bells rang when the salesperson advised that this deal was so new that their systems hadn't been updated with the correct discount yet, but he could process the order and it would be updated within the week. I should have walked away there and then.

Instalation took 1 month to sort (only went in this Monday) but we got there in the end.

Home phone number was apparently ported over but it doesn't work. No idea why. Apparently the line tests fine but I'm not even that bothered about that. I'll get that sorted eventually.

The main problem is that I'm still on the wrong package. Signed up to €133 per month with a €56 discount for the first six month. Not what I was sold. I was skeptical at the time so I took a photograph of the salespersons phone with his Eir internal email showing the deal that he sold me. He also wrote what I would pay on my contract. Not sure what other safeguards I could have taken (besides walking away).

1901 customer care are less than useless and won't help. Telling me to go back to Pavillions. Not only is this inconvenient but it's ridiculous that it can't be fixed over the phone. The online chat is even worse, I literally don't even understand the point of it, it rarely works and they can never help with anything when it does.

I actually joked with the salesperson in the Eir shop that I'd see him in a few weeks to argue and fight to get what he actually sold me. 

In the meantime, all DD's have been cancelled until I get what I was sold.

Presumably I'll have another fight to get the €200 credit on my account too, but I'll wait a while for that one.

TLDR - Eir's customer care / ability to resolve issues is as bad as I feared.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I saw this coming but the poor level of customer service has been worse than expected.

Against my better judgement, signed up to Eir out in Pavillions in Swords a month ago. The bundle I was sold seemed too good to turn down:

Broadband
    TV
    Home Phone
    Unlimited mobile plan
    €100 of the cost of a new mobile
    Free Tablet
    Credit for €200 Virgin cancellation fee

For €50 per month for the first 12 months rising to €106 per month thereafter. 18 month contract. 

Alarm bells rang when the salesperson advised that this deal was so new that their systems hadn't been updated with the correct discount yet, but he could process the order and it would be updated within the week. I should have walked away there and then.

Instalation took 1 month to sort (only went in this Monday) but we got there in the end.

Home phone number was apparently ported over but it doesn't work. No idea why. Apparently the line tests fine but I'm not even that bothered about that. I'll get that sorted eventually.

The main problem is that I'm still on the wrong package. Signed up to €133 per month with a €56 discount for the first six month. Not what I was sold. I was sceptial at the time so I took a photograph of the salespersons phone with his Eir internal email showing the deal that he sold me. He also wrote what I would pay on my contract. Not sure what other safeguards I could have taken (besides walking away).

1901 customer care are less than useless and won't help. Telling me to go back to Pavillions. Not only is this inconvenient but it's ridiculous that it can't be fixed over the phone. The online chat is even worse, I literally don't even understand the point of it, it rarely works and they can never help with it does.

I actually joked with the salesperson in the Eir shop that I'd see him in a few weeks to argue and fight to get what he actually sold me. 

In the meantime, all DD's have been cancelled until I get what I was sold.

Presumably I'll have another fight to get the 200 credit on my account too, but I'll wait a while for that one.

TLDR - Eir's customer care / ability to resolve issues is as bad as I feared.
    Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having since signing up.

If the agent in our store didn't note on your account the offer that you have advised me of, you will need to go back to the store to get this looked into I'm afraid. 

Feel free to PM me your account number and full name so I can check on this for you. I'll also look into the issue you're having with your phone line.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

If the agent in our store didn't note on your account the offer that you have advised me of, you will need to go back to the store to get this looked into I'm afraid. 

Feel free to PM me your account number and full name so I can check on this for you. I'll also look into the issue you're having with your phone line.

- Adam

Does the bundle offered to the OP exist?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

mayota wrote: »
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

- Adam

Does the bundle offered to the OP exist?
    Hopefully this image works. My "deal" is the last one. 4P (Four products - BB, phone, TV and Mobile) €50 for 12 months and €106 thereafter. That's the photo I took of the salespersons email with the offers that he could start selling.

Edit - can't seem to attach the image at the moment. Will try again when I get home.

Edit - Embed image button not working for me so I'll try attaching it. Apologies if it's massive.

Adam - I'll PM you my details now. I'll also keep updating the thread publicly here. The salesperson showed me that he had made notes on the application. Your Customer Care now tell me that there's no notes on the a/c. It's just incompetence at best or deceitfullness at worst and I'm expected to spend time and effort trying to fix the whole thing. 

Edit - home phone issue is resolved.. Not sure what changed but it's working.

h076i

Just to update the thread - Eir insisting that I need to go out to their Eir shop in Swords to have this fixed, as there is no 'note on the account'. Even though it's clear that this package is available to be sold to customers. Even the most cursory of checks could confirm when their systems were updated to facilitate the correct discount on the account.

If Eir had even the most basis level of customer service, this would be resolved instantly. The fact that you're willing to treat a brand new customer like this is appalling. Any kind of goodwill or customer relationship is damaged before it has even begun.

If it's not resolved at the store, I'll be on to Comreg next.

Update - so as the reps on here and the agents on 1901 refused to engage or even acknowledge the issue, I went out to the store in Swords again over the weekend.

Long story short - due to some internal Eir miscommuinication, he sold me a package that doesn't exist. The one in the pic I attached earlier was meant to include the Eir Mobile 100 plan not the 'unlimited' (or in reality 15Gb plan). The package I'm actually on should be more expensive.

But as this wasn't known to him at the time and I signed up to what he sold me in good faith, they should be crediting my account for the difference i.e. I should be paying only what I agreed to pay. He showed me him sending the email to 'DSG' (whatever that is).. to request the credit and I saw him put a note on my a/c to reflect the same.

Apparently he had signed up a few other customers on the same plan before the correct info was circulated to the shops and the other customers have been credited in the same way.

Let's see whether it actually happens now. I'm not holding my breath, but the guy in the shop is a hell of a lot easier to deal with than the reps on here or the useless customer care on 1901.

• Advertisement

Adam - can you confirm that the above request to credit my account (from your agent in the store) has been received and processed? 

Also - can you confirm what you require from me in order to credit my account with the €200 Virgin cancellation fee. 

Thanks

Adam - can you confirm that the above request to credit my account (from your agent in the store) has been received and processed? 

Also - can you confirm what you require from me in order to credit my account with the €200 Virgin cancellation fee. 

Thanks
    I'll get back to your PM about this.

- Adam

Posting your PM below Adam so people get the full picture of how shambolic this whole thing is. 

Going back to the store to get the €200 cancellation fee credited is unacceptable. This is something that your agents are offering. There are other threads on Boards about this. 

I want this escalated to someone with the authority to fix it. 

Thanks

"This discount has been applied to your account. You should receive an email when you're out of your cooling off period advising you what to do about your early cancellation charge. It can take up to 30 days to receive this email.

If you don't receive this, you will need to go back to the store again as there is no record that you agreed to this on your account. 

- Adam"

Posting your PM below Adam so people get the full picture of how shambolic this whole thing is. 

Going back to the store to get the €200 cancellation fee credited is unacceptable. This is something that your agents are offering. There are other threads on Boards about this. 

Thanks

"This discount has been applied to your account. You should receive an email when you're out of your cooling off period advising you what to do about your early cancellation charge. It can take up to 30 days to receive this email.

If you don't receive this, you will need to go back to the store again as there is no record that you agreed to this on your account. 

- Adam"
    If you did not sign up to this offer when you were in the store you will not be entitled to it. As advised when you got in touch with me previously, the store needs to leave a record on your account of what you agreed to you and as this is not noted on your account, you will need to go back to the store to query this further.

- Adam

Seems it's not possible to send PMs to Adam anymore.. is there someone else I can contact about the latest mistake with my account? 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Seems it's not possible to send PMs to Adam anymore.. is there someone else I can contact about the latest mistake with my account? 
    Hi Skittlebrau, 

I'm afraid Adam is no longer with us. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SM001

I'm afraid Adam is no longer with us. 
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Thanks

- Adam"
    I had a similiar issue with eir in relation to mobile last week. apparently because I took a contract out in the store the customer service team could not help me over the phone. They really should make customers aware of this or else update their policies.

As far as I am concerned (and I'm sure most customers) whether I purchase a phone/contract with Eir online/instore/by phone as a customer does not matter I am dealing with Eir. If Eir decide that these are all different then they should have different names/entities for the 3 different ways to interact. It should be made clear to customers that if they are instore and then have problems they need to go back to the store not ring customer care etc. 

TBH I have had nothing but poor customer service from Eir. I used to complain about vodafone but they are like the gold standard compared to the absolutely useless customer care from Eir. 

heroics wrote: »

Thanks

- Adam"
    I had a similiar issue with eir in relation to mobile last week. apparently because I took a contract out in the store the customer service team could not help me over the phone. They really should make customers aware of this or else update their policies.

As far as I am concerned (and I'm sure most customers) whether I purchase a phone/contract with Eir online/instore/by phone as a customer does not matter I am dealing with Eir. If Eir decide that these are all different then they should have different names/entities for the 3 different ways to interact. It should be made clear to customers that if they are instore and then have problems they need to go back to the store not ring customer care etc. 

TBH I have had nothing but poor customer service from Eir. I used to complain about vodafone but they are like the gold standard compared to the absolutely useless customer care from Eir. 
    Couldn't agree more with this.. it's absolutely farcical that I have to keep going out to the Eir store to have things resolved. 

Latest one is that they only put the (correct) additional credits on my a/c for 6 months.. when it should be indefinite. Tracey on here offered to credit another 6 months upfront but that was all she could do which essentially meant that I'd be paying more than I agreed too once that ran out... How to get it fixed? Back to the Eir shop. 

Getting credit for the €200 Virgin cancellation fee? Back to the Eir shop. 

It's ridiculous. 

it's such an obvious effort to frustrate customers to the point that they give up it's almost laughable. 

2 months in and already counting down til when I can switch to another provider. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

heroics wrote: »

Thanks

- Adam"

Couldn't agree more with this.. it's absolutely farcical that I have to keep going out to the Eir store to have things resolved. 

Latest one is that they only put the (correct) additional credits on my a/c for 6 months.. when it should be indefinite. Tracey on here offered to credit another 6 months upfront but that was all she could do which essentially meant that I'd be paying more than I agreed too once that ran out... How to get it fixed? Back to the Eir shop. 

Getting credit for the €200 Virgin cancellation fee? Back to the Eir shop. 

It's ridiculous. 

it's such an obvious effort to frustrate customers to the point that they give up it's almost laughable. 

2 months in and already counting down til when I can switch to another provider. 
    I'm 4 months in and can't wait to leave. Also none of my family will be using Eir after my experience as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Nor will anyone who keeps reading this type of thread, incompetent at best but more likely scenario is bare face lies to have you sign a contract.

Advertisement