Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 - adding 2nd keypad

Options
  • 06-12-2017 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I've an Astec 63 alarm and I'd like to add a second keypad in the main bedroom.

There is currently a panic button installed on the bedroom wall. Can I connect a second keypad onto the panic button wiring, or does it need separate cable run up from the main alarm box, connected to the same ring as the existing keypad (which seems to be what the installers manual suggests)? Or maybe there is likely to be spare wires in the panic button cable that I can use to achieve this - I haven't checked this?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will need a pair to go into the existing keypad bus. More importantly you will need an Astec keypad . They are obsolete.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Keggers74 wrote: »
    I've an Astec 63 alarm and I'd like to add a second keypad in the main bedroom.

There is currently a panic button installed on the bedroom wall. Can I connect a second keypad onto the panic button wiring, or does it need separate cable run up from the main alarm box, connected to the same ring as the existing keypad (which seems to be what the installers manual suggests)? Or maybe there is likely to be spare wires in the panic button cable that I can use to achieve this - I haven't checked this?

Thanks

You can come off the cable in place if you have 2 spare cores or run a separate cable from the keypad or main control panel.
    You will need engineer access to add a keypad to the system.

Advertisement