Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Drumorig wrote: »
    Have you a proper link for that? I'd like to read the rest of it.

I don't, just spotted it on Reddit a few minutes ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7p61hx/myetherwallet_compromised_blue_team_announcing/

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Drumorig

Cheers for that.
    Mew are saying no, it Seems blueteam are competitors. https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/7p6c8v/is_mew_website_being_hacked/

Probably best to use it offline, safe that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Sounding like a DNS hack that is redirecting to a phishing site, and nothing to do with MEW itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Anyone else in WAX ?

I went in quite heavy two weeks ago, exploded this morning and I’ve gone in again big.

The white paper and tech behind it is superb, real world market already established and acceptance within this market.

I think its a genuine coin, ie not a pump and dump piece of rubbish

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dfunk

Anybody else looked into Neblio? Huge jump in price over the last day or so after they released this news:

https://nebl.io/2018/01/08/neblio-development-update-4-january-8-2018/

You can also stake using a raspberry pi for 10% return pa!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

A little bit of movement in PART today after sitting at $20 for the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Tango One wrote: »
    A little bit of movement in PART today after sitting at $20 for the last while.

Traded some of my bitcoin for this as it has some real potential.

I didn't see anyone mention plr, it's doing about 25% a day the past few days and has great potential. Pillarproject.io
    They are making an announcement at 5pm tomorrow and are hiring.

I bought the ico at about 15cent, after that it went to 4cent so got a load more. Currently at 1.31 :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

New to transferring my coin/tokens off of exchanges to wallets and have ran into a problem.
    I transferred EthLend from Kucoin to MEW about 12 hours ago but it hasn't shown up.

- The address I sent it to is corrrect
    - I manually added the EthLend custom token to MEW
    - Kucoin has the transaction marked down as 'succeeded' but when I click the 'view transaction' button and go etherscan.io I get the message 'Sorry, we are unable to locate this Transaction Hash'

Anyone had a similar issue before, there's likely something I may have missed when transferring it?
    At the same time I sent ETH from Coinbase to MEW and that was pretty much instant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I've sent ~$25 to Etherdelta to test the waters before buying some KIN but I ain't got a clue how to use it tbh.

I tried making a deposit from my ETH address into etherDelta wallet and all looked good, but it didn't all go over and now balance is split between eth wallet and ethdelta wallet, and i ain't got a clue whats going on, but have a hunch its got to do with GAS price which I don't particularly understand

anyone care to give help, please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Anyone else tracking this?

https://crowdsale.storiqa.com/

Seems like it could be good.

10,000 tokens about 70 euro.

They seem to be getting decent traction.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/changes-in-ecommerce-with-blockchain-implementation_us_5a28e80de4b09ee35b8ae66b

I've sent ~$25 to Etherdelta to test the waters before buying some KIN but I ain't got a clue how to use it tbh.

I tried making a deposit from my ETH address into etherDelta wallet and all looked good, but it didn't all go over and now balance is split between eth wallet and ethdelta wallet, and i ain't got a clue whats going on, but have a hunch its got to do with GAS price which I don't particularly understand

anyone care to give help, please!
    Top right in etherdelta, gas price is prob set to 4. Increase it to 24 or 36, they worked for me last week but mad slow.
    Also, leave some eth on mew for gas or your funds will get stuck on ed.

Drumorig wrote: »
    Top right in etherdelta, gas price is prob set to 4. Increase it to 24 or 36, they worked for me last week but mad slow.
    Also, leave some eth on mew for gas or your funds will get stuck on ed.

Thanks!

I tried similar yesterday and got transaction confirmation and looked to be processing, but nothing!

Ye it's rubbish the past few weeks. Put the gas to 200000 and try that, you need a chunk of eth in your wallet to do that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

DBC is so ****ing awesome.

Anyone else tracking this?

https://crowdsale.storiqa.com/

Seems like it could be good.

10,000 tokens about 70 euro.

They seem to be getting decent traction.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/changes-in-ecommerce-with-blockchain-implementation_us_5a28e80de4b09ee35b8ae66b

Ive just read that they've been editing their claims out when the ICO started about having some big hitters (EBAY etc) as advsiors and its pissed a lot of people off as no way of getting their investments back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Storiqa/comments/7od2t7/fake_news_a_paid_press_release_by_storiqa_on/

DBC is so ****ing awesome.

Yeah, I'm reluctant to boast about it as it looks like aftertiming, but on it since 5Cent

Yeah, I'm reluctant to boast about it as it looks like aftertiming, but on it since 5Cent

Well done you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Someone in this thread put me onto DBC. Not sure how much further it will go seems to be alot of them out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

If a coin isn't going to return me 1000x I don't want to know :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

XBY test net starting shortly ...

Grim for the Alts this morning, it was coming

yea, but tempted to buy more LEND

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Grim for everything except Eth really. Even BTC has dropped big time.

A day to stay away from watching the prices I think.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Grim for everything except Eth really. Even BTC has dropped big time.

A day to stay away from watching the prices I think.

In the space of my last post, my portfolio dropped to -30% and back to about -5% again now, what a rollercoaster Alts are.

Looks like Ethereum is gonna make a real push to take over the dominance of BTC this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

In the space of my last post, my portfolio dropped to -30% and back to about -5% again now, what a rollercoaster Alts are.

Looks like Ethereum is gonna make a real push to take over the dominance of BTC this year.
    I think its mainly all the tech that's coming out utilizing the ethereum block chain that's helping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭paddyman

My alts took a beating last night as well!. I only put BTC into some last night before bed and woke up this morning to them being down lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Golf4GolfGti

I have Ethereum on revolut. Their live exchange rate is always lower than the live rate on coinmarketcap for example at the moment they are offering €1046:1ETH (+ a 1.5% exchange fee) where as on coinmarketcap its €1089. As a regulated financial service provider are they allowed to pick their own rate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I have Ethereum on revolut. Their live exchange rate is always lower than the live rate on coinmarketcap for example at the moment they are offering €1046:1ETH (+ a 1.5% exchange fee) where as on coinmarketcap its €1089. As a regulated financial service provider are they allowed to pick their own rate?

Every exchange is different. Coinmarketcap is just an average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

paddyman wrote: »
    My alts took a beating last night as well!. I only put BTC into some last night before bed and woke up this morning to them being down lol.

According to blockfolio, I'm only 2.5% down on 24 hrs (although it isn't the most accurate app tbh, but still gives a general idea when you hold about 20 different cryptos).
    seannash wrote: »
    I think its mainly all the tech that's coming out utilizing the ethereum block chain that's helping it.

hah probably! I sold some of my ethereum to buy Eos about 2 weeks ago. Since then, Eth has well outperformed it, just my luck. :D

Advertisement