Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Care to Share?

Trust me Bobby if you seen the % drop on my portfolio you'd be running from my advice, not asking for it :p

nothing crazy just a few longterm coins that would need sitting on

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

FYI Cryptopia registration is back open

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭SkySter

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Woke up this morning, checked....DOWN BY 5% OVERNIGHT - SHIIIIIT.

Checked there...recovered by 3% in the hour again. It is crazy. :)

I know what you mean. My stop loss for ICX got triggered on Binance and by the time I got on it was back up above the sell point. I had to take a small hit to buy back in. Not overly bothered as I think ICX will be over $15 in the next few weeks, but my lesson learned is to set lower stop losses on coins I'm planning to hold longer term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

VeChain seems to still be killing it despite the overall market dip.

Anyone have any views on investing in either DeepBrain Chain or Red Pulse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Still up on my original investments before Christmas but lost 40% in the past few days / week.
    Still holding Ripple, Powerledger, BURST, Monaco and Basic Attention Token. Hedged on BTC.

I've my eye on some of the new coins appearing so hoping for a bounce on the above before investing.
    Reckon I'll just log out of bittrex and block my access for a couple of weeks before looking at prices again 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    VeChain seems to still be killing it despite the overall market dip.

Anyone have any views on investing in either DeepBrain Chain or Red Pulse?

Yeah I like Deepbrain, got in at .12c for a small amount so a nice jump since then but I do think it can go much higher. Partnering with Neo and went on a roadshow displaying the tech with them recently, I think they were in Dublin earlier in the week. I also read there are some big tests coming in the next few weeks and if it does well........ ;)

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    VEN is around an all time high anyway(excluding the past 24 hours), still above $6 according to CMC, so there's hardly much to be concerned about (at least in my case, since I bought at about $2.20)

According to my blockfolio, I'm down 5% on 24 hrs ago, but I notice the crypto markets often seem to be down when I check them first thing in the morning, then recover during the afternoon. (at least that's the cycle I've seen lately)

Of course, but it was interesting to watch in real time last night/this morning - VEN was actually falling quicker and further than ICX, which is based in the current 'Mordor' of Cryptos - South Korea.

VEN dipped back into the $4 range during the drop. It didn't just correct a bit for the 7 days, it was showing signs of stooping below $4. I bought all mine well under that range (except when I bought the dip last night) so I'm fine like you, but plenty of the $4-4.50 buyers were hitting the eject button on Reddit last night fearing the worst. Meanwhile, I was partaking in what I saw as a serious discount.

I'm in it for the long-term with VEN. I'd much rather see it make slow and steady gains, with necessary corrections, than the kind of extremes we saw last night.

On your second point about the markets being down in the morning and recovering as the day goes on, I agree and see that too.

I have unorthodox working hours so quite often I'm awake during the late night and early morning (Irish time). That's where I've seen the biggest swings and the most volatility so far in my short time in Cryptos. Crypto Armageddon is usually just about to happen at any point while you all be sleeping :pac:

lGluKDh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

AIX gone live on Kucoin, another dApp built on the NEO network centering around AI insurance I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

crushproof wrote: »
    Still up on my original investments before Christmas but lost 40% in the past few days / week.
    Still holding Ripple, Powerledger, BURST, Monaco and Basic Attention Token. Hedged on BTC.

I've my eye on some of the new coins appearing so hoping for a bounce on the above before investing.
    Reckon I'll just log out of bittrex and block my access for a couple of weeks before looking at prices again 😀

Any pointers on where to gather information on emerging coins.

Currently holding vechain, icon, BNB, Appc and funfair.

Just managed to get registered on Cryptopia

Over $100 Billion gone off the total market cap in the past 24hrs and the majority from alt coins.

Jasus lads tis a mad oul place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

SkySter wrote: »
    I know what you mean. My stop loss for ICX got triggered on Binance and by the time I got on it was back up above the sell point. I had to take a small hit to buy back in. Not overly bothered as I think ICX will be over $15 in the next few weeks, but my lesson learned is to set lower stop losses on coins I'm planning to hold longer term.

Or set them higher so you can buy back in cheaper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Anyone up for KodakCoin, the crypto for photographers :)

https://www.coindesk.com/kodak-launching-cryptocurrency-photographers/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

soirish wrote: »
    Anyone up for KodakCoin, the crypto for photographers :)

https://www.coindesk.com/kodak-launching-cryptocurrency-photographers/

Only open to current investors in the company, did I read that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Have a look at audio coin(ADC) guys a decentralized coin for the music industry, on a dip atm so a good time to put some quid on it. Can be got at cryptopia,
    Partnered with Bjork, a major music label NDA, and thy released their roadmap 2 days ago.
    DYOR and see what you think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Trust me Bobby if you seen the % drop on my portfolio you'd be running from my advice, not asking for it :p

nothing crazy just a few longterm coins that would need sitting on

:p Always intrested on what people are hodling! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

AH92 wrote: »
    Have a look at audio coin(ADC) guys a decentralized coin for the music industry, on a dip atm so a good time to put some quid on it. Can be got at cryptopia,
    Partnered with Bjork, a major music label NDA, and thy released their roadmap 2 days ago.
    DYOR and see what you think :)

OPUS (OPT) is another music coin. Done nothing in the last few months

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    OPUS (OPT) is another music coin. Done nothing in the last few months

music coins are a great idea imo.

The one that gets even the slightest endorsement from a big named artist wins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

music coins are a great idea imo.

The one that gets even the slightest endorsement from a big named artist wins
    There's no money in Music anymore. Spotify has that market sown up.
    No big artist is going to move away from Spotify or Itunes so you'll be left with independents

Anyone hold any marijuana coins?

They're very popular and lots of potential imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I dot see the sense in them. Most of them are saying that weed is gonna be legal everywhere so its gonna explode the use of coins. But when it becomes legal in more places people will just use cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Keengolfer7

I am new to buying Tokens and Alts - anyone recommend a place for keeping them? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

Held THC for awhile made some small gains on it.

Tango One wrote: »
    Held THC for awhile made some small gains on it.

Yeah I've held some THC in the past too, some great highs indeed.

TOKE looks well backed and some nice partners already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Had some LSD for a while. All over the charts. FUD got me in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

Taking a look at some of the predictions on coindar.org. One of the top predictors reckons zlancer zcg has some potential. It's has a really low supply and trading around a dollar. Not so sure about the concept of it though. It's intend to be used to pay for freelance work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Now my biggest hold, big news from Walton coin(wtc)
    Thought I did well with Neo at 4$ but Wtc at 1$ :D

https://medium.com/@thelatemercutio/waltonchain-and-the-china-mobile-iot-alliance-connecting-the-dots-with-cryptos-biggest-4a986cccc00b

KilOit wrote: »
    Now my biggest hold, big news from Walton coin(wtc)
    Thought I did well with Neo at 4$ but Wtc at 1$ :D

https://medium.com/@thelatemercutio/waltonchain-and-the-china-mobile-iot-alliance-connecting-the-dots-with-cryptos-biggest-4a986cccc00b

Well done you!

Two cracking buys right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Radsky

Anyone notice the big difference in the price of BCD between Kucoin and Binance? It is around $100 in Binance and over $900 in Kucoin just a few minutes ago. Has anyone done any arbitrage trading (buying coin at a lower price in one exchange and selling it at a higher price in another exchange)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Probably an organised p&d

Advertisement