Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

This one is a hidden gem, http://www.pascalcoin.org/#roadmap
    Extremely fast transaction time, infinate scaling, can handle 72,000 transactions per second.
    Ranked 222 on Coinmarket, I am expecting this to rocket into the top 50 over the next few months when the Os X wallet gets released and then the android wallets after.
    It's been rising steady as a lot of smart money is getting in early.
    Best exchange to use is Poloniex, it's not on the big exchanges like coinbase but no reason why it should not be in the future as it gets more developed and it is a coin, not a Token

I'm also invested in RaiBlocks but not IOTA but heres a good video to compare the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Bought a small stack of Pascal, not much at all, 100€ worth a week ago, kinda wish i bought more of it. Room to explode like Raiblocks, definitely worth picking some up just in case.

Sold my Raiblocks, will buy again on Binance when it gets there.

IOTA is long term hold for me, sold enough to cover my initial investment, rest will buy me a house or a cup of coffee depending on how it pans out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

KilOit wrote: »
    Now my biggest hold, big news from Walton coin(wtc)
    Thought I did well with Neo at 4$ but Wtc at 1$ :D

https://medium.com/@thelatemercutio/waltonchain-and-the-china-mobile-iot-alliance-connecting-the-dots-with-cryptos-biggest-4a986cccc00b

Wow, incredible gains on wtc! Time to take some profit though methinks, those levels won't be maintained

KilOit wrote: »
    Bought a small stack of Pascal, not much at all, 100€ worth a week ago, kinda wish i bought more of it. Room to explode like Raiblocks, definitely worth picking some up just in case.

Sold my Raiblocks, will buy again on Binance when it gets there.

IOTA is long term hold for me, sold enough to cover my initial investment, rest will buy me a house or a cup of coffee depending on how it pans out :pac:

The 'sleeping giant' a lot of us are waiting for to take off from the $3-$4 range. I think it's actually in a coma this last while :pac:

Serious work being carried out behind the scenes though. My only qualm is that the lead dev seems to be very obnoxious when participating in conversations online. No, this won't hurt IOTA's tech, but marketing and public perception could suffer if he doesn't tone it down a bit.

I know that kind of thing did no harm to Steve Jobs and his own little company's growth, but still it is my minor concern with IOTA and their future.

Tech seems ace though. When the machines take over and commence Judgement Day, they'll possibly be using IOTA! Seriously though, the IoT economy is already big and is going to be huge and quite commonplace in the not-too-distant future. IOTA are making progression towards being well-placed in the mix of that future.

A long-term HODL for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Split between investing in vechain, ripple, raiblocks or stellar.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Picked up some ICX for the long haul, not as low as I'd like but better now than never

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Pascal Coin seems very interesting. I did a bit of searching online and saw a few threads, no major criticisms. So maybe this is the chance to catch something very low that could be huge. Low circulating supply also. But if this competes with Raiblocks and Iota, is there room for all three?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

DBC is so ****ing awesome.

DBC is so ****ing ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

DBC is so ****ing ****.

Was just thinking the same any idea what's caused the slide. 60c seems a distance memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I was at like 250% profit on before the slide and am now down at -7% :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Either you're in it for the daily trading and you should be selling by 250%! or you believe in the tech and the current price shouldn't really matter!

I'm in the 2nd boat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

wtf is happening to Bitcoin Diamond, up 1000% on kucoin and 500% on binance. I didn't even know I had any but checked and I do...

Some sweet manipulation there.

Bitcoin gold is up too (40%).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Want to purchase some coins on kucoin, I have some ltc on Gdax, should I deposit these to kucoin and then buy ethereum and trade these for the coins I am interested in, am in to hodl, other than xrb and ven, any other coin to hold long term i.e. more than a year, maybe longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭td2008

wtf is happening to Bitcoin Diamond, up 1000% on kucoin and 500% on binance. I didn't even know I had any but checked and I do...

Do you have to do anything to get them? I had btc on binance but didnt get any :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

td2008 wrote: »
    Do you have to do anything to get them? I had btc on binance but didnt get any :(
    The fork happened back in November. only some exchanges gave the forked coin.

No its not manipulation, I think its more to do with the distribution. Not all coins were given on a 1:1 bases. afaik Bitcoin Gold and Super Bitcoin were on a 1:1.
    Bitcore was 1:0.5
    Bitcoin Diamond was 10:1

I am open to correction here

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    This one is a hidden gem, http://www.pascalcoin.org/#roadmap
    Extremely fast transaction time, infinate scaling, can handle 72,000 transactions per second.
    Ranked 222 on Coinmarket, I am expecting this to rocket into the top 50 over the next few months when the Os X wallet gets released and then the android wallets after.
    It's been rising steady as a lot of smart money is getting in early.
    Best exchange to use is Poloniex, it's not on the big exchanges like coinbase but no reason why it should not be in the future as it gets more developed and it is a coin, not a Token

I'm also invested in RaiBlocks but not IOTA but heres a good video to compare the 3

I forgot to add that Pascal Coin is also GPU mineable. I am currently using my GPU rig to mine Monero but I am thinking of switching now

• Registered Users Posts: 21 degra22

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    No its not manipulation, I think its more to do with the distribution. Not all coins were given on a 1:1 bases. afaik Bitcoin Gold and Super Bitcoin were on a 1:1.
    Bitcore was 1:0.5
    Bitcoin Diamond was 10:1

I am open to correction here

Wow BCD up 720% on Kucoin. What the hell

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

Sounds like some competition is messing up the price till the 17th

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeepBrainChain/comments/7q6i5a/speculation_on_what_is_happening_with_the_price/

Time to buy more

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yeah that Huobi competition is a joke, completely fuucks with the coins price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Boscocss

Guys don't worry about your DBC, a few weeks ago it was around 9 cents. Going 700% in a week or two isn't sustainable even in crypto. Be patient hold on to it and you will reap rewards.

Mid to long term i'm reading a lot about Qash ond Nebulas (google of crypto), these are being touted as two big earners this year smd still at a good entry level. Available on huobi exchange.

Short term 2x or 3x icx or aion.

Patience is key. Dont expect to become a millionaire overnight and don't panic when BTC starts running in the next week or two :D

Edited to add, $6 Ven is gonna seem very cheap come end of 2018.

Anyone hear of infinitum, giving 300 tokens upon registration, I can't find any feedback about it,

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

august12 wrote: »
    Anyone hear of infinitum, giving 300 tokens upon registration, I can't find any feedback about it,

I haven't but I signed up anyway. 99.9% chance that tokens will be worthless but you'd never know.

JaCrispy wrote:
    I haven't but I signed up anyway. 99.9% chance that tokens will be worthless but you'd never know.

I did the same, can't lose anything,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Haven’t heard anything but thanks for the share.
    Worth a chance with free tokens.

kceire wrote:
    Haven’t heard anything but thanks for the share. Worth a chance with free tokens.

If you have a second email and another mobile number, do the same again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

I'm trying to sign up now but it says my email has already been taken ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

will56 wrote: »
    I'm trying to sign up now but it says my email has already been taken ?

Check your email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

mrDerek wrote: »
    anyone getting in on the zclassic/bitcoin private fork later when it happens soon?

just joined that train. Have a few now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

DBC down so much even from yesterday. Hope it turns around soon.

Advertisement