Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

From what I have been reading I feel it's time people consider their portfolio. There are too many coins and tokens out there that have no real use. Plenty of the companies behind some tokens have been busy announcing partnerships and project timelines while some of the more obscure ones have nothing behind them except blind speculation. I think they will crash and it won't be pretty. When this will happen is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Here is some green to cheer everyone up and help in the fight against panic selling.

512px-Green_square.svg.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ Nice!

Red across the board right now. :pac:

Don't forget - if in doubt - zoom out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Autochange wrote: »
    From what I have been reading I feel it's time people consider their portfolio. There are too many coins and tokens out there that have no real use. Plenty of the companies behind some tokens have been busy announcing partnerships and project timelines while some of the more obscure ones have nothing behind them except blind speculation. I think they will crash and it won't be pretty. When this will happen is anyone's guess.

Well of course there's gonna be companies out to go make a quick euro. It's an investor's responsibility to their own due diligence and research behind what they are investing in, if you're not doing that, you'll eventually get burned.

Well of course there's gonna be companies out to go make a quick euro. It's an investor's responsibility to their own due diligence and research behind what they are investing in, if you're not doing that, you'll eventually get burned.

That's my point. It may happen sooner rather than later too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Pussyhands wrote: »
    DBC down so much even from yesterday. Hope it turns around soon.

This is something we are going to see regularly I think. Many coins are being purchased on their future potential and prices are rising prematurely. FOMO people are jumping on board while the coin is rising rapidly and then the sell off/correction happens causing a big drop and people are left holding bags in negative balances or they sell at a loss.

If the company have a good dev team and road map the coin while eventually come good again but this takes time. Unfortunately a lot of modern society want everything now so they jump from coin to coin looking for the next big pump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

DBC Buy order of about 250k at 27 cent currently on Kucoin, we might be turning a corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Kinda want to get in on vechain, but been stung before with ascending prices.

It's important to do your own research of course, but anything around $6 might not be a bad price for Vechain for where the price will end up in about 6 weeks (at least $15 IMO).

They have a clatter of activity happening in the next month, culminating with a rebrand party on February 26th. Rather than simply changing their logo, this is going to be a 'deep' rebrand which will include some new applications and extensions on their existing tech.

With a huge partnership announced with Chinese National Tobacco last night to help them tackle the counterfeit market, many more partnerships like that are in the pipeline for Vechain.

As for you being stung before with ascending prices, Vechain has been fluctuating between $4.50 and $6.50 for the last few weeks, going up to $7.50 there a few days ago. It seems to have had it's 'pump' for the day already today and is currently on its way back down from $6.50. That said, it's been sitting around $6.20 for a few hours now on Binance. It could be finding new support levels around $6, or it could still go back down below this level.

You got burnt with ascending prices before, but I got left behind waiting for a coin to come back down to what I saw as a more favourable price. That coin never came back down to that more favourable price and I was left holding 'regret bags'.

For further research, maybe check out the Vechain subreddit at www.reddit.com/r/vechain

Many of those alt subreddits are more like cults, but Vechain's is surprisingly objective. Mods actually discourage and delete the 'Vechian to the moon!' posts, and encourage actual news. Of which there is a bundle for Vechain.

It's important to do your own research of course, but anything around $6 might not be a bad price for Vechain for where the price will end up in about 6 weeks (at least $15 IMO).

They have a clatter of activity happening in the next month, culminating with a rebrand party on February 26th. Rather than simply changing their logo, this is going to be a 'deep' rebrand which will include some new applications and extensions on their existing tech.

With a huge partnership announced with Chinese National Tobacco last night to help them tackle the counterfeit market, many more partnerships like that are in the pipeline for Vechain.

As for you being stung before with ascending prices, Vechain has been fluctuating between $4.50 and $6.50 for the last few weeks, going up to $7.50 there a few days ago. It seems to have had it's 'pump' for the day already today and is currently on its way back down from $6.50. That said, it's been sitting around $6.20 for a few hours now on Binance. It could be finding new support levels around $6, or it could still go back down below this level.

You got burnt with ascending prices before, but I got left behind waiting for a coin to come back down to what I saw as a more favourable price. That coin never came back down to that more favourable price and I was left holding 'regret bags'.

For further research, maybe check out the Vechain subreddit at www.reddit.com/r/vechain

Many of those alt subreddits are more like cults, but Vechain's is surprisingly objective. Mods actually discourage and delete the 'Vechian to the moon!' posts, and encourage actual news. Of which there is a bundle for Vechain.

Vechain is my biggest holding now. Been buying it up at 5 dollars. Just sold a few other alts to get more Ven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

XBY down to 40c ... have invested some more at this price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The market needs corrections and dips because the recent growth. even by crypto standards, has been utterly insane

I wouldn't be surprised to see more drops, a significant correction (we are still far too high) and at least one triggered prolonged crash, maybe 25% or 30%

I'm quite happy to see red especially after the almost vertical uncorrected Dec 11 - 13 rise and the Jan 1 - 4 rises

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,160 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Don't look at short-term prices. If you like a coin and it makes sense, then buy in with a view to looking at it's price in a years time

I added some Vechain to my portfolio recently, I can't even remember what price I bought it at. Like coins I bought months and years ago, I'm only interested in long term price. So far this market has rewarded the patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Benji20122012

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Don't look at short-term prices. If you like a coin and it makes sense, then buy in with a view to looking at its price in a years time

I added some Vechain to my portfolio recently, I can't even remember what price I bought it at. Like coins I bought months and years ago, I'm only interested in long-term price. So far this market has rewarded the patient.

Upvote on this. Have gone all in on Vechain & not even looking to cash out for min 1 year and beyond. The most promising coin I have come across and the price is not fluctuating like so many, Even with news about the Chinese tobacco partnership, the price has barely moved, this indicates that whales/corporations are accumulating for longterm profit & not short term as so many other coins are.

Additionally, the news that Jim Breyer is invested significantly is a major boost.
    https://hype.codes/venture-capitalist-jim-breyer-provokes-vechain-price-rise

RE Vechain.
    Posts all over reddit and 4chan referring to whale market manipulation. Huge walls in place, price fluctuating like crazy. Its very frustrating to watch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    I forgot to add that Pascal Coin is also GPU mineable. I am currently using my GPU rig to mine Monero but I am thinking of switching now

I'm dual-mining ETH and SC (Yes, I know Siacoin is very unprofitable this minute, but the difficulty will fix itself in a couple of days), but mainly because my GPU is an NVIDIA (Titan-X, so it's not exactly lightweight) and it seems most of the mining software likes AMD. What are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

OK what major news did I miss cause its a blood bath this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Been consistently going down for a month now....

Everyday it's like 10%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

~$200 billion drop in the total market cap in 24 hours :eek:

tis crazy Ted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

still up on the buy price across all my holdings, with the exception of DBC, bought when it dipped all the way to $0.25, thought I was betting a bargain, then it drops another third over night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Yuk

But looks like nothing is set in stone. Plus the president of South Korea is called Mr Moon, its definitely a sign to buy more crypto currencies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Been consistently going down for a month now....

Everyday it's like 10%.

That's rubbish. Ripple hit its ATH like two weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I've put my phone into my backpack and left it in a room in the other side of the office. The temptation to look at my portfolio is too much. Blissful ignorance is the name of the game for me today.
    That being said some buy orders have been setup as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

That's rubbish. Ripple hit its ATH like two weeks ago.

Think he's referring to his own profile there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

things heading back in the right direction..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Gryzor wrote: »
    things heading back in the right direction..
    Careful,
    could be a dead cat bounce

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Benji20122012

https://twitter.com/cryptobaggers/status/953204332702220288?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Enet.whatsapp.WhatsApp.ShareExtension

Seems this hit we're taking is common enough around this time every year or so twitter tells & twitter wouldnt lie

https://twitter.com/cryptobaggers/status/953204332702220288?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Enet.whatsapp.WhatsApp.ShareExtension

Seems this hit we're taking is common enough around this time every year or so twitter tells & twitter wouldnt lie

Every big dip there's been "reasons" for it.

So we've had the Korean ban, china ban, kucoin manipulating the market,christmas time when people withdraw to buy gifts.

And as someone on reddit said, there's considerable dips every month so it doesn't mean anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Vechain doing relatively well over the last 24hrs. Was on a little upswing before the craziness last night.

Advertisement