Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

https://twitter.com/cryptobaggers/status/953204332702220288?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Enet.whatsapp.WhatsApp.ShareExtension

Seems this hit we're taking is common enough around this time every year or so twitter tells & twitter wouldnt lie

We should give them a taste of their own medicine next year and all sell off 5 weeks before their new year, see how they like it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Benji20122012

Gryzor wrote: »
    We should give them a taste of their own medicine next year and all sell off 5 weeks before their new year, see how they like it ;)

haha for sure, Give them a taste of their own medicine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

we did. That was our Xmas dip!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Kucoin users vote on their next coin : https://www.kucoin.com/#/vote

I'm personally invested in CRED, unfortunately TRX is probably gonna win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

So now real consolidation from American market wake up.

fall continues and very interesting 24hrs ahead me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Kucoin users vote on their next coin : https://www.kucoin.com/#/vote

I'm personally invested in CRED, unfortunately TRX is probably gonna win it.

XBY here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Is this the end? More and more governments/ institutions looking to ban cryptocurrency or is this as they say a dip yearly dip?

What are your thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

So now real consolidation from American market wake up.

fall continues and very interesting 24hrs ahead me thinks.
    I think cointelegraphs analysis from a few days suggested that if it hit the 12.5k lows the Bears would continue to drag it to almost 8.5k.

Certainly is a test for weak hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Any opinions on BAT?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hayezer wrote: »
    Any opinions on BAT?
    I've a bunch of them. One of my keepers. Certainly not worth swapping them now for some other trainwreck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Mr.S wrote: »
    Not the end. It's a sea of red, but it will recover eventually.

Trading crypto will never be banned outright, but domestic regulations for trading / exchanges will probably come sooner then later.

I wonder will our own Gov. issue some sort of blanket ban on cryptos.

Many of our elected representatives tend to be particularly technophobic and out of touch with the modern world compared to other countries, and don't forget that our political system is in hock to some powerful special interest groups, the banking sector being a notable one...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Boing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    I wonder will our own Gov. issue some sort of blanket ban on cryptos.

Not any time soon, sure half of them are still trying to come to grips with having moved from the IR£ to the €uro ;)
    Many of our elected representatives tend to be particularly technophobic and out of touch with the modern world compared to other countries, and don't forget that our political system is in hock to some powerful special interest groups, the banking sector being a notable one...

Very true, but the Central Bank appears to be way behind when it comes to cryptos and the Government would need to consult and be steered by them, before they'd ever do anything.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Nobody is banning crypto, certainly not any time soon. It's the exchanges that are being targeted and we've none in Ireland.

With everything going down together, I decided to consolidate a bit. Dumped my monero and iota for more lumens and ICX.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

I decided to consolidate a bit. Dumped my monero and iota for more lumens and ICX.

Curious why lumens? One of the exchanges was hacked
    http://ca-connect.net/2018/01/16/stellar-lumens-hacked-from-blackwallet/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Nermal

We should be welcoming bans. What's the point of decentralised, censorship-resistant money if it doesn't actually turn out to be decentralised and censorship-resistant after all?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

GreeBo wrote: »
    Boing!

Splat! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

GreeBo wrote: »
    Splat! :(

Dead cat bounce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Hard to be positive at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Hard to be positive at the moment.

Worrying but having held crypto's for nearly a year now, I've been through this before, the doubt/worrying/should i sell and what not. Only 2 weeks ago, everything was rosy. I'll certainly be hodling if not buying into some more :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Worrying but having held crypto's for nearly a year now, I've been through this before, the doubt/worrying/should i sell and what not. Only 2 weeks ago, everything was rosy. I'll certainly be hodling if not buying into some more :D

I know. It will come back im sure.

I broke even this morning which has me worried a little as I am now into my capaital investment.

I really should delete my tracking app till march.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Mr.S wrote: »
    The old mantra “you haven’t made a loss until you sell” is worth saying at this point!

How low can it go?!

We are only back where we were a few weeks ago, a lot of drama going around. My porfolio on xmas eve/day was worth less than what is right now. I think people need a bit of a reality check.

bought bags of stuff earlier today at what I considered to be bargain basement prices, only to see they've dropped even further now! :D

btw if you didn't get in on the ICO, I'd recommend you pick up some BitDegree (BDG) tokens while they're going super cheap

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitdegree/#markets

the exchanges they're on right now are decentralised which is a pain though, but I can see long term potential for this project.

Also take a look at quantstamp (QSP), clearpoll (POLL), ICON, Substratum, VeChain, utrust (utk), power ledger (POWR).

These are good projects and can all be picked up at a substantial discount at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

bought bags of stuff earlier today at what I considered to be bargain basement prices, only to see they've dropped even further now! :D

Keep the receipt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭kaymin

These are good projects and can all be picked up at a substantial discount at this point.

Discount to what - a net asset value of zero?

I know. It will come back im sure.

I broke even this morning which has me worried a little as I am now into my capaital investment.

I really should delete my tracking app till march.

Head in the sand is never a good investment approach. Why not sell now for a small loss rather than be losing sleep about another potential 30% drop overnight?

Disclosure:- I'm not a believer in the current crop of crypto currencies. I don't see any value in them.

kaymin wrote: »
    Head in the sand is never a good investment approach. Why not sell now for a small loss rather than be losing sleep about another potential 30% drop overnight?

Disclosure:- I'm not a believer in the current crop of crypto currencies. I don't see any value in them.

No value in any token or currency whatsoever?

You're waiting for the amazons and googles of cryptocurrency to emerge from the bubble then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

kaymin wrote: »

Then why even look in this forum?

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Then why even look in this forum?

Why not? Its interesting to watch the herd mentality, the denials and the self-delusion. That's not to say there won't be a dead-cat bounce but it's going in one direction long-term.

• Advertisement

No value in any token or currency whatsoever?

You're waiting for the amazons and googles of cryptocurrency to emerge from the bubble then?

Obviously there are benefits to the technology but when the central banks come together to decide what their offering will be, everything else will fall by the wayside.

Advertisement