Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭QuietMan2010

Autochange wrote: »
    Anyone have some good site names for researching ICOs? I always seem to hear about them when it's too late

Have you tried https://www.icoalert.com/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Autochange wrote: »
    MIN2511 wrote: »
    Seriously? I have to look at mine, it's calling me. Every 15/20 minutes.

Same. Nothing wrong with it either. Especially since things are so unpredictable

It’s kind of like the joy of watching the roulette wheel spin without having to travel to the local res. I’ve placed my bets, I figure i’ll watch the wheel spin for the next five months, and see if betting on Black was a good idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Stripe withdrawing support for Bitcoin transactions https://stripe.com/blog/ending-bitcoin-support

The article mentions Omisego, Ethereum and Stellar (whom Stripe have already provided funding too) as coins which interest Stripe, while they also don't rule out Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin as possibilities if they keep settlement fees and transaction times low.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

Anyone heard of espers not going to pretend I understand it all but looks like they plan to use block chain technology to host websites.

https://espers.io

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Yelnahs wrote: »
    Hopefully. ICX's mainnet release is tomorrow too

It sure is. Considering it's already 'tomorrow' in South Korea, we should hear some news soon enough.

However, this launch has been long known about. As an ICX holder myself, I'm thinking that this mainnet launch may already be factored into the current price. That's not to say that I don't expect some positive movement for ICX in the next 24 hours, I just don't expect it to go parabolic because of the mainnet launch.

Great project though. I'm planning on holding for 2018. Whatever about the price of the coin, I'm expecting the project to go far. Especially with some positive news and important clarifications coming out about Korean banks and exchanges and government regulations over the last 24 hours.

(In short: Korean citizens are allowed to resume trading, exchanges will resume taking new registrations from next week, SK government are not banning crypto trading, at all, just regulating)
    Fingers crossed for a nice bump today. All the talk I've seen agrees that the current price factors in mainnet launch. Regardless like yourself I am holding until late 2018 at the earliest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I am showing tiny fraction amounts of coins on deposit in my Binance account yet I have never dealt in any of them ever.

Any idea?

example...

POEPo.et 0.785000000.
    XVGVerge 0.500000000
    VENVeChain 0.032500000
    IOTAMIOTA 0.030800000
    LTCLitecoin 0.005221350
    EOSEOS 0.002320000
    ICXICON 0.002000000
    LSKLisk 0.000634000
    QTUMQtum 0.000400000
    NEONEO 0.000220000
    BNBBinance 0.000047860

...I've never held any of these coins

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I am showing tiny fraction amounts of coins on deposit in my Binance account yet I have never dealt in any of them ever.

Any idea?

example...

POEPo.et 0.785000000.
    XVGVerge 0.500000000
    VENVeChain 0.032500000
    IOTAMIOTA 0.030800000
    LTCLitecoin 0.005221350
    EOSEOS 0.002320000
    ICXICON 0.002000000
    LSKLisk 0.000634000
    QTUMQtum 0.000400000
    NEONEO 0.000220000
    BNBBinance 0.000047860

Do you own BNB?

some exchanges give out rewards now

Do you own BNB?

some exchanges give out rewards now

no mate :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fakent.ie

Any idea?

example...

POEPo.et 0.785000000.
    XVGVerge 0.500000000
    VENVeChain 0.032500000
    IOTAMIOTA 0.030800000
    LTCLitecoin 0.005221350
    EOSEOS 0.002320000
    ICXICON 0.002000000
    LSKLisk 0.000634000
    QTUMQtum 0.000400000
    NEONEO 0.000220000
    BNBBinance 0.000047860

From refferals

Yelnahs wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for a nice bump today. All the talk I've seen agrees that the current price factors in mainnet launch. Regardless like yourself I am holding until late 2018 at the earliest

It will go up closer to the end of the month

• Advertisement

All I keep hearing across multiple sites is Wanchain this, Wanchain that

...but where can you buy?

All I keep hearing across multiple sites is Wanchain this, Wanchain that

...but where can you buy?

Its not on an exchange yet the mainnet was like 2 days ago it'll be on an exchange very soon Ico price was 0.35$ I think the price of the ammount of ether now is around 0.70$ so it has already 2x if you did get in the ICO. but that ended a good while back

Fakent.ie wrote: »
    Its not on an exchange yet the mainnet was like 2 days ago it'll be on an exchange very soon Ico price was 0.35$ I think the price of the ammount of ether now is around 0.70$ so it has already 2x if you did get in the ICO. but that ended a good while back

Thanks mate...grab when it hits the exchange? or wait a day or two to see if it pulls back?

Thanks mate...grab when it hits the exchange? or wait a day or two to see if it pulls back?

Impossible for me to say before this hole "crash" I would of been buying instantly as it hit the market but now I dont know what to think, also depends weather your holding it for long term, it prob won't make much difference in the end.

Impossible for me to say before this hole "crash" I would of been buying instantly as it hit the market but now I dont know what to think, also depends weather your holding it for long term, it prob won't make much difference in the end.

gonna leave some BTC on Binance in anticipation - might have to sell first :o

*knowing my luck in recent days it doesn't launch on Binance

gonna leave some BTC on Binance in anticipation - might have to sell first :o

*knowing my luck in recent days it doesn't launch on Binance

It'll be binance its released on first I think so you should be in luck, I was anticipating it to go up a lot on the day it was released IDK anymore, Im hoping for the market to turn around on the 27th

It'll be binance its released on first I think so you should be in luck, I was anticipating it to go up a lot on the day it was released IDK anymore, Im hoping for the market to turn around on the 27th

Yea, fingers crossed, but the next FUTURES is due end of Feb so gonna be a seesaw I think for the foreseeable future until (hopefully) BTC grows the legs and renders the futures market less and less attractive.

Yea, fingers crossed, but the next FUTURES is due end of Feb so gonna be a seesaw I think for the foreseeable future until (hopefully) BTC grows the legs and renders the futures market less and less attractive.

Yeh i seen that they have it "predicted" to be around 11500 or so up to April or something can't remember off the top of my head, if thats true tho alts will rise after a few weeks as people get more comfortable with bitcoin being this "low"....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Walton chain (WTC) has been making reasonably consistent gains the past while (consistent in crypto terms anyway)

I bought 10.6 WTC late last week for around $27 now trading at 34USD

Walton is a supply chain company which tracks products from product to consumption via RFID technology which is stored in the block chain.

I like the physical aspect of this. They are actually producing a physical product and measurable service.

WaBi is a competitor which a similar business goal but are relatively new. I picked up 61 @ $2.80. I think it has potential to grow if it is a success.

WaBi's current goal is to focus on the baby food market in china where there are large concerns over the quality and origin of the food. They plan to expand into pharmaceuticals any other products that are counter fitted causing health hazards. People are spending more money to purchase non Chinese brands because they dont trust Chinese suppliers. WaBi's aim would be to prove where the products come from via blockchain which will restore customer confidence. They have already have the technology in some supermarket shelves.

Walton chain (WTC) has been making reasonably consistent gains the past while (consistent in crypto terms anyway)

I bought 10.6 WTC late last week for around $27 now trading at 34USD

Walton is a supply chain company which tracks products from product to consumption via RFID technology which is stored in the block chain.

I like the physical aspect of this. They are actually producing a physical product and measurable service.

WaBi is a competitor which a similar business goal but are relatively new. I picked up 61 @ $2.80. I think it has potential to grow if it is a success.

WaBi's current goal is to focus on the baby food market in china where there are large concerns over the quality and origin of the food. They plan to expand into pharmaceuticals any other products that are counter fitted causing health hazards. People are spending more money to purchase non Chinese brands because they dont trust Chinese suppliers. WaBi's aim would be to prove where the products come from via blockchain which will restore customer confidence. They have already have the technology in some supermarket shelves.

Wabi is a good long term one ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The Weiss Crypto ratings are out in about an hours time. I wonder what impact, if any, this may have across the board.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The Weiss Crypto ratings are out in about an hours time. I wonder what impact, if any, this may have across the board.

It will probably cause a short term spike and return to normal for the top graded coins assuming they are already considered roughly top graded and some junk coin isnt given a B+.
    It might cause massive losses to F graded coins to the point of consolidation across the market. However i would assume they are not going to be grading all the random junk out there and the report will likely just have the top 10-20 coins.

It depends on what their gradings are based on. At the monent Bitcoin should get an F. Its slow and expensive which goes against its mandate of being quick and cheap. ETH is pretty quick and can do exactly the same as bitcoin at a faster and cheaper rate and a lot more so will likely be graded high.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Weiss Crypto ratings

Weiss Crypto ratings are out for paid subscribers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Victori06039966/status/956135362698526720/photo/1

moneymad wrote: »
    What are those ratings judged on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

That looks incredibly fake. The date is wrong, for starters.

And it just happens to be posted by a TRX shiller - and lo and behold - she gave TRX the only AA+ rating :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Tron :o

To me this instantly disqualifies this

I seen it on twitter earlier. Ratings agencies are scum of the lowest order. Could be fake. We'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

I seen it on twitter earlier. Ratings agencies are scum of the lowest order. Could be fake. We'll see.

It is fake.

• Advertisement

That's looks very fake.

Advertisement