Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Anyone that rates tron as A++ must be fake so. 15 minutes well see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The Weiss site has crashed from traffic.

Tron will get at least a B+ in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fakent.ie

Whelo79 wrote: »
    The Weiss site has crashed from traffic.

Tron will get at least a B+ in my opinion.

Why? What is it being judged by?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fakent.ie wrote: »

The honesty, integrity and inherent value of the team and their imminent reinvention of the internet of course!
    Lets just hope noone mentions the artificially inflated trading numbers or the swept wallet balances! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Fakent.ie wrote: »

Most probably based on the coins that these people own, this ratings is utter nonsense. But, it will probably have some sort of impact as a lot of not so knowledgeable people who have recently jumped on the crypto bandwagon will use something like this to influence their purchases.

• Advertisement

And here they are, don't see the logic in these ratings at all, and a lot of omissions for some of the bigger coins :confused:

https://wcy.weissratings.com/media/wri/PDF/WCY/Weiss-Cryptocurrency-Ratings.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fakent.ie

jester77 wrote: »
    And here they are, don't see the logic in these ratings at all, and a lot of omissions for some of the bigger coins :confused:

https://wcy.weissratings.com/media/wri/PDF/WCY/Weiss-Cryptocurrency-Ratings.pdf

like anything thats B is a protocol

Am I correct in my reading of this in that TRON isnt listed?
    Funny that a fake listing it as A+ was put out before the release!

https://wcy.weissratings.com/media/w...cy-Ratings.pdf

And some very sparse details about their ratings press release

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

How has dogecoin got a C???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Totally worthless ratings, it's like they've based it on whether on not the coin seems over or underhyped rather than based on the project.
    What is this meant to indicate to people?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

grindle wrote: »
    Totally worthless ratings, it's like they've based it on whether on not the coin seems over or underhyped rather than based on the project.
    What is this meant to indicate to people?

Ya id like to see more detail somewhere about how they came to their rating conclusions and why they decided to pick the coins that they did.

Monero being given a 'C' says it all.

ADA a 'B-', EOS a 'B' and ETH a 'B'.

Reads like the ratings of somebody who hasn't spent a single minute looking around and was told to pick some random cryptos last night and toss out something, anything, doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Very odd ratings alright. I wonder how long they have been working on this. To have dogecoin in the same bracket as Lumens speaks volumes for their research into each coin.

The link seems to have been pulled now or is having loading/formatting issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

That list is so strange. It has a rating for Xtrabytes which isn't even a top 100 coin and misses so many of the big players. The ratings themselves are also a complete mystery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

grindle wrote: »
    Monero being given a 'C' says it all.

What's the deal with Monero, I haven't read much about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Privacy coin considered top in it's class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

They should all be given a F.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Also FWIW the coin that Minergate has been defaulting to of late as the best option for GPU mining. I have a very small amount for this reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Anyone found a link to the leaked report? I've seen one floating around but it's for a fake version.

• Advertisement

Autochange wrote: »
    Anyone found a link to the leaked report? I've seen one floating around but it's for a fake version.

Heres the actual report as uploaded on the link provided earlier today.

banie01 wrote: »
    Heres the actual report as uploaded on the link provided earlier today.

I must be missing something. I don't see the report on the link.

Edit.
    Never mind. I see it now. Thank you for the link

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Down 47% on my total investment. Hoping for a change of direction soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Radsky

Same here, most of my investment is on raiblocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Anyone purchase telcoin and if so, what are your predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,036 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Pussyhands wrote: »

Watched one of my coins go down 80 or 90% over a period of years. Then go up hundreds of percent in weeks. Patience is key. Unless you're a trader, the long game is where the big gains have been made so far* (although in fairness this year has been utterly crazy, the market may need to cool off for awhile)

*token disclaimer: the markets can go any which way. Up, remain the same, or go down - to date many coins have gone up, some quite significantly so, resulting in long term holders making bank and a decent portion of sellers regret pre 2017

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Anyone hold MintCoin?

Seems to be an old Proof of Stake coin from 2014 - someone who's opinion I trust has recommended it for this year as they are relaunching with a new wallet, website etc. Currently priced at $0.0011. Only available on Cryptopia from what I can see, and current wallet is a bit of a bitch to get working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Watched one of my coins go down 80 or 90% over a period of years. Then go up hundreds of percent in weeks. Patience is key. Unless you're a trader, the long game is where the big gains are made (although in fairness this year has been utterly crazy, the market may need to cool off for awhile)

Following this logic one could buy any coin, wait, and expect to make a profit. I wish it were as simple a that.

Wombatman wrote: »
    Following this logic one could buy any coin, wait, and expect to make a profit. I wish it were as simple a that.

The way this year went might have changed things a bit but buying almost any coin or combo of coins last year would have netted you insane profits, and we're talking well below the top 50 coins.

If on 01-01-17 you'd put €10 into each currency in CMC's top 100 (€1000, modest investment) you'd now have €63.4k

€10 into currencies ranked 101-200?
    €127.56k

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »

Yeah me too. I should have taken profits and reinvested when I had the chance. But I will continue to hold nonetheless.

Advertisement