Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Yeah it's got an amazing future ahead of it I hope.

Got in around 35.....

Here's hoping

Edit - it gets a serious amount of attention on YouTube and from clif high...

Got in at $4 hoping it gonna be amazing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Got in at $4 hoping it gonna be amazing!

Wow. Great spot. Huge profit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Cianos wrote: »
    Noob question - I was looking at getting some Nebulas (NAS). I've never used an exchange and have never got any altcoins before.

I set up an account on huobi but am not sure how to actually get NAS.

I read around a few tutorials but wanted to verify before moving ahead.

Do I send my ETH to my huobi account, then convert it from ETH to NAS?

What do I do then? I saw that it's best to move your coins away from an exchange immediately, to a wallet?

All this is very new to me, thanks for any help!

We really could do with some active mods in this forum to get some proper sticky's and FAQ's around this stuff.

You have the general idea. Once you have sent the ETH to Huobi you can trade it for the coin you want. Some coins only have trading with BTC pairs so you may need to convert it to BTC first.

The reason people say to move it away from the exchanges is because if anything happens to that exchange then you lose the coins as opposed to if you store them yourself then it is solely your responsibility to keep them safe. For some coins the options are limited and it may just be a case of having to store them on the exchange. Make sure if you are doing this that you have 2FA setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Autochange wrote: »
    Wow. Great spot. Huge profit

It was luck and aa bit of chance all rolled into one. Hopefully the passive income on this will be amazing. As the poster said above, the CEO/Populous are very quite.

Hope fully thats down to the fact that they were hard at work on the platform. Release date is suppose to be today or tomorrow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

We really could do with some active mods in this forum to get some proper sticky's and FAQ's around this stuff.

You have the general idea. Once you have sent the ETH to Huobi you can trade it for the coin you want. Some coins only have trading with BTC pairs so you may need to convert it to BTC first.

The reason people say to move it away from the exchanges is because if anything happens to that exchange then you lose the coins as opposed to if you store them yourself then it is solely your responsibility to keep them safe. For some coins the options are limited and it may just be a case of having to store them on the exchange. Make sure if you are doing this that you have 2FA setup.

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

By moving them away from the exchange, you mean move them to a wallet yeah?

What would be the best wallet do you know?

Thanks. Might be back with screenshots of Huobi out of fear of fcking this up!

• Advertisement

Cianos wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, appreciated.

By moving them away from the exchange, you mean move them to a wallet yeah?

What would be the best wallet do you know?

Thanks. Might be back with screenshots of Huobi out of fear of fcking this up!

The wallet depends on the coin and your best best for info is sticky thread in the Reddit forum for the coin.

It is an ERC20 token so you can use MyEtherWallet. If you search youtube you will come across loads of tutorials on this.

Back again. I see on Huobi it says "We don’t recommend that you deposit from smart contract address or Coinbase address or it won’t be credited" - so don't think I should send direct from Coinbase? Is there another way? Google not really giving me an answer on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Cianos wrote:
    Back again. I see on Huobi it says "We don’t recommend that you deposit from smart contract address or Coinbase address or it won’t be credited" - so don't think I should send direct from Coinbase? Is there another way? Google not really giving me an answer on this.
    I don't see that info on their help page, I checked their deposit page and there is no mention of that.

august12 wrote: »
    I don't see that info on their help page, I checked their deposit page and there is no mention of that.

It's written here when you click ETH in the Withdraw section; imgur link

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

PayPie released their Alpha, 2 day early. Shot up 27% in the last hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

Would we not be better off having a single thread for each Alt Coin at this stage ?

I know there is a massive number, but it would be far easier to find information on a particular coin, if we had one coin one thread.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Cianos wrote:
    It's written here when you click ETH in the Withdraw section;

Could you transfer from coinbase to Gdax as they are the same company and then deposit to huobi, there are no fees for transfer with Gdax and no fee when limit buying or selling the coins on their exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Anyone still holding ICX? Jumped up a dollar overnight and their main summit is tomorrow. Hoping it rise to $12-$15 then sell it all then pump it all into wanchain as due to hype this is going to rocket up then, more than likely, crash after a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Yelnahs wrote: »
    Anyone still holding ICX? Jumped up a dollar overnight and their main summit is tomorrow. Hoping it rise to $12-$15 then sell it all then pump it all into wanchain as due to hype this is going to rocket up then, more than likely, crash after a day or two

I've held ICX for a while now. Not sure about their summit moving the price. Their main net launch pushed it up about $1 but if it does go to $15 I'll be selling half

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

seannash wrote: »

I've held ICX for a while now. Not sure about their summit moving the price.  Their main net launch pushed it up about $1 but if it does go to $15 I'll be selling half
    Yeah opinions seem to be split on this, some say the summit announcements (10+ dapps among them) have already been factored into the price, some very optimistic people say it may even double in price (unlikely!). I'm quite new to all this so I am looking to build some long term investments based on getting in on some quick wins at the start

Yeah opinions seem to be split on this, some say the summit announcements (10+ dapps among them) have already been factored into the price, some very optimistic people say it may even double in price (unlikely!). I'm quite new to all this so I am looking to build some long term investments based on getting in on some quick wins at the start
    Before the crash any announcement or main net launch seemed to move price but now it seems things have calmed down a lot.

Anyone looked into High Performance BlockChain (HPB) ? It has gained a huge amount of traction since launching for trading only a few weeks ago. I bought a small amount and am tempted to buy more but it has lots of red flags and I can't seem to find enough info to make a decision on it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

so ...... Useless Ethereum Token (UET) is up 300%+
    Useless Ethereum Token purpose and aspects
    The Useless Ethereum Token is just that, a completely useless token that serves no purpose whatsoever. The UET ICO describes itself has the 100% honest ICO, one in which the investors were told they were getting nothing but a worthless token. The UET is meant to be taken as a joke, one that makes fun of the current ICO landscape

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

so ...... Useless Ethereum Token (UET) is up 300%+

I guess some group out there is pumping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

well now we know why Steem pumped the other day - Binance employees cashing in! Insider trading ha

$0.40c Cardano has to be the bargain of the day, No?

Does anyone know if there is a coin burn, or coin depletion built into this project.

That circulating supply nags me and who the hell is holding them?

$0.40c Cardano has to be the bargain of the day, No?

Does anyone know if there is a coin burn, or coin depletion built into this project.

That circulating supply nags me and who the hell is holding them?
    ICON has taken a bigger dip this past 24 hours and is a top 20 coin (19)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dfunk

Monero is at $248. Back to early December price. Still the best privacy coin from the research Ive done..

seannash wrote: »
    ICON has taken a bigger dip this past 24 hours and is a top 20 coin (19)

WTF? ..It did and even after their big event (well that must not have gone well).

WTF? ..It did and even after their big event (well that must not have gone well).
    Its just the state of things now, before any announcement would have caused a spike but now its jumps and falls back to where it was within 24hrs it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

A serious bleed accross my Portfolio since December

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

A serious bleed accross my Portfolio since December

I'm current sitting at 25% of my peak portfolio value :mad:

HODL me hoel :P

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

What u think lads about Dropil drops (they are worth $0.0035 each). Will they lasts longer - is it good option to go for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Just started with the whole crypto currency stuff. Currently 'mining' a new one called garlicoin. Only out around 10 days. Sure its kind of a meme coin i suppose but its worth around 1.80 rn and is flucuating like crazy! Only on one exchange so its still early. If it fails it fails nothing lost :)

Advertisement