Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

seannash wrote: »
    ICON has taken a bigger dip this past 24 hours and is a top 20 coin (19)

WTF? ..It did and even after their big event  (well that must not have gone well).
    It was down to $5.50 or so earlier today, it was $10 the night before the summit. Pretty grim viewing Delta today

As an ICX holder, I'm not surprised that the price didn't take a jump with its mainnet launch. The whole crypto world knew about Icon's end of January plans. You have to imagine that we were looking at a case of 'Buy the hype/sell the news' with ICX, where a bunch of investors secured some profits with the news of the past few days.

Of course, today we're looking at the bollix falling out of the entire market for unknown reasons, and this has brought ICX down further.

I'm a bit sick looking at today's prices. I won't be able to comfortably put more fiat into the market this side of the weekend. If I could do it now, I would be adding more VEN and ICX to my portfolio with a smile on my face.

I really believe in the longevity of these projects and that if there is some great crypto purge or reckoning on the horizon, genuine projects like Vechain and Icon will be among the few dozen companies to survive and go on to prosper.

So, come Monday when I can reinvest, I will be hoping to see the following...

<$6.50 VEN: Anything under this is a good price for VEN in my own thinking and trading. In short: Market cap allows for 4x that in 2018, at a conservative guess. Vechain are coming out with news of genuine partnerships and new projects every other day, the system is ripe for dApp application, there are some big investors on board already. In truth, I will probably continue to buy VEN at any price up to $9.

<$7.50 ICX: Anything above that and I'll just suffice with the ICX I already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Makes for grim viewing across the board. Not sure what to think, perhaps it's becoming apparently that crypto was a mini dotcom boom that naturally crashed. 
    I invested little, made a lot but that profit is slowly being eroded. I got a nice holiday paid for out of some of the profits so that does me grand. 

Continue to hold POWR, BAT, BURST, MCO and XRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Jesus, that VEN looks like some scam. Market cap of 2.3 billion, and a white paper with a level of ‘engrish’ you wouldn’t find in the assembly instructions for a Chinese flat pack locker.

Partnerships that don’t exist, or have been exaggerated. Vague promises about the future. Website down.

The price to buy into this coin is at 0.00 dollars. It’s worthless, like all the other pump and dump coins. You’d be better off putting your money on the 4.35 in Ripon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

I think that JohnnyFlash has just found his way in here, to try for a bit of a wind up.

He has a very low post count, of which only a couple are posted in the crypto section of Boards and I've yet to see anything solid within those posts (regardless of whether I agree with him on the actual points he's made or not).

This link may prove to be of interest to Johnny.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

One totally pro ven post followed by one completely negative one.

The cryptocurrency game. Where everyone is an expert but nobody has a clue.

Myself especially included

Jesus, that VEN looks like some scam. Market cap of 2.3 billion, and a white paper with a level of ‘engrish’ you wouldn’t find in the assembly instructions for a Chinese flat pack locker.

Partnerships that don’t exist, or have been exaggerated. Vague promises about the future. Website down.

The price to buy into this coin is at 0.00 dollars. It’s worthless, like all the other pump and dump coins. You’d be better off putting your money on the 4.35 in Ripon.

Thanks. Will do ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Alt-coins starting to really crash now. Looks like its a case of when Bitcoin sneezes the Alts get a cold (and some of them go into cardiac arrest)

Autochange wrote: »
    One totally pro ven post followed by one completely negative one.

The cryptocurrency game. Where everyone is an expert but nobody has a clue.

Myself especially included

Cheers for putting both of us on the same shelf there.

I've been posting in here about various coins and about trading in general since I joined the forum over a month ago. At a guess, I've made over 70 posts in that short time. I mentioned VEN in a post there that started out as a comment about ICX, and then it veered into a post about today's market prices in general.

I never once proclaimed to be an expert and in some of my previous posts in the forum, have pointed out that I'm not an expert. I didn't attempt to shill VEN or tell anyone that they were missing out on easy money. Just offering my personal view on the current market dip and what I'm hoping to do myself if prices remain low.

The other guy came in with a low post count and wrote a completely negative post about a coin without backing any of the claims up.

"Totally pro VEN post" - Sorry that I don't invest heavily in coins which I'm sitting on the fence about, but if I ever lose my mind and do that, I'll be sure to make sure that you see that post.

Cheers for putting both of us on the same shelf there.

I've been posting in here about various coins and about trading in general since I joined the forum over a month ago. At a guess, I've made over 70 posts in that short time. I mentioned VEN in a post there that started out as a comment about ICX, and then it veered into a post about today's market prices in general.

I never once proclaimed to be an expert and in some of my previous posts in the forum, have pointed out that I'm not an expert. I didn't attempt to shill VEN or tell anyone that they were missing out on easy money. Just offering my personal view on the current market dip and what I'm hoping to do myself if prices remain low.

The other guy came in with a low post count and wrote a completely negative post about a coin without backing any of the claims up.

"Totally pro VEN post" - Sorry that I don't invest heavily in coins which I'm sitting on the fence about, but if I ever lose my mind and do that, I'll be sure to make sure that you see that post.

Woah. It wasn't meant to be an attack on you or the other poster. It was just an example of how two people can have opposite opinions. My post was a bit crude all the same.

No personal offense intended. Bad day for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Alt-coins starting to really crash now. Looks like its a case of when Bitcoin sneezes the Alts get a cold ( and some of them go into cardiac arrest)

Aids!!

"when Bitcoin sneezes the Alts get Aids"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Alt-coins starting to really crash now. Looks like its a case of when Bitcoin sneezes the Alts get a cold (and some of them go into cardiac arrest)

This is the time that separates the men from the boys.

But realistically crypto isn't going anywhere.

People thought the same about credit and debit cards when they came out "I prefer my money in my hand thanks"

It is the way forward and will take off even more than what it has when it's adopted mainstream.

I'm not one for conspiracys but a juicy one I saw was that the reason these crashes keep happening is because the governments and banks across the globe know they cant compete with crypro ultimately winning and in conjunction with each other spread fud, subpoenas, cut out exchanges etc to crash the market so they can buy crypto low and ultimately when it picks up they will all of a sudden endorse it (begrudgingly to the public eye) but in the long run they will have billions stashed waiting to cash in.

Never underestimate people motivated by money and this isn't something that bankers and governments wouldn't do.

Again a long term conspiracy but a plausible one at that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Blockchain is going nowhere. The vast majority of these coins are going the way of the Dodo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

To be fair stranger things have happened, I would well consider the above conspiracy plausable, time will tell I guess. Hold tight folks!!

edit : Johnny you dont know what your talking about megalol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Blockchain is going nowhere. The vast majority of these coins are going the way of the Dodo.

You still here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Holy ****balls Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

Nano just got listed on Binance.

Edit with link: https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000532912

Woah. It wasn't meant to be an attack on you or the other poster. It was just an example of how two people can have opposite opinions. My post was a bit crude all the same.

No personal offense intended. Bad day for everyone.

Apologies to you Autochange. I got a bit precious there I must admit and I regret that.

P.S. Buy VEN :D

Apologies to you Autochange. I got a bit precious there I must admit and I regret that.

P.S. Buy VEN :D

I agree buy Ven!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Don't buy Monero :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Top 10 fallers in the last 24 hours, a lot of boardsies holding a number of those coins (5 myself)

57 Dragonchain $361,278,381 $1.52 $2,461,190 238,421,940 DRGN * -26.54% sparkline
    23 ICON $1,611,961,402 $4.23 $48,454,300 381,495,014 ICX * -25.11% sparkline
    21 Populous $1,699,765,174 $45.93 $5,566,160 37,004,027 PPT * -24.38% sparkline
    22 Nano $1,667,149,295 $12.51 $25,819,100 133,248,289 XRB * -24.08% sparkline
    94 Request Network $176,544,499 $0.275258 $8,231,170 641,378,269 REQ * -22.18% sparkline
    79 SALT $227,427,328 $4.20 $9,874,230 54,164,066 SALT * -22.16% sparkline
    41 KuCoin Shares $559,428,747 $6.14 $2,608,410 91,043,076 KCS * -21.59% sparkline
    33 BitShares $702,562,355 $0.269406 $19,169,700 2,607,820,000 BTS * -21.35% sparkline
    61 Byteball Bytes $328,646,434 $509.35 $847,328 645,222 GBYTE * -21.13% sparkline
    81 Factom $225,976,934 $25.84 $4,546,850 8,745,102 FCT * -21.01% sparkline
    40 Walton $570,168,276 $22.90 $14,078,900 24,898,178 WTC * -20.96% sparkline

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

2 for me, but sure everything is falling 😂
    Entertaining thoughts of cashing out just to get back in when its lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I agree buy Ven!

ffs, bought some last Thursday, thinking I was getting a good bargain at $6 :mad::mad::mad:

The market appears to have no bottom.

Edit: Sorry, I was thinking of Icon, but yeah, bought that at $6 and drops to below $4 aghhhh!!

(Lucky I bought Ven earlier when it was about $2, something I'm not taking losses on at least...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Pulled all my alts out to Ethereum (Technically an Alt I know)
    The past few days all that was happening was sales and very little buys on most of my other coins so until it hits bottom people will sell and not buy back in for a while on them (IMO)

So, come Monday when I can reinvest, I will be hoping to see the following...

<$6.50 VEN: Anything under this is a good price for VEN in my own thinking and trading. In short: Market cap allows for 4x that in 2018, at a conservative guess. Vechain are coming out with news of genuine partnerships and new projects every other day, the system is ripe for dApp application, there are some big investors on board already. In truth, I will probably continue to buy VEN at any price up to $9.

<$7.50 ICX: Anything above that and I'll just suffice with the ICX I already have.

So, Monday arrived.

ICX ended up cheaper than I could have hoped when I made the above post, but I want to increase my holdings of VEN as much as is comfortably possible and now is a great time for me to do that. I therefore chose to ignore ICX for now, and went solely for more VEN.

By pure fluke and/or coincidental timing (note: not skill) I managed to get my VEN bought for $2.94 this evening which is its low for the day (so far) and the lowest it's been for at least a month. Only 20 minutes later, the price was back up at $3.63.

I'm happy with that buy price from a long-term perspective. I know that given the way the market is going, that price could look expensive by tomorrow if VEN trends back down towards the $2 mark. However, that doesn't bother me as I will be holding these coins for a lot longer than tomorrow or this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

So, Monday arrived.

ICX ended up cheaper than I could have hoped when I made the above post, but I want to increase my holdings of VEN as much as is comfortably possible and now is a great time for me to do that. I therefore chose to ignore ICX for now, and went solely for more VEN.

By pure fluke and/or coincidental timing (note: not skill) I managed to get my VEN bought for $2.94 this evening which is its low for the day (so far) and the lowest it's been for at least a month. Only 20 minutes later, the price was back up at $3.63.

I'm happy with that buy price from a long-term perspective. I know that given the way the market is going, that price could look expensive by tomorrow if VEN trends back down towards the $2 mark. However, that doesn't bother me as I will be holding these coins for a lot longer than tomorrow or this week.

Interesting, i done the opposite, loaded up on ICX, partly because i am not happy with the research i have done on Ven. Interesting, i miss having a whitepaper - is there one about for ven?

Interesting, i done the opposite, loaded up on ICX, partly because i am not happy with the research i have done on Ven. Interesting, i miss having a whitepaper - is there one about for ven?

A what now? :confused:

:D

Nope, no decent white paper yet. The original one is outdated because the company changed their goals as the the tech developed and grew. In a Reddit AMA, the CEO said that the updated white-paper will be coming with the VEN/VET rebranding event. That is reported to be on February 26th.

Yeah, a white paper is something you would hope would be a given with a top 20 coin. However, with the sheer amount of genuine news, partnerships and forthcoming use cases, I have no problem giving Vechain the benefit of the doubt here.

While I'm happy to have picked up some more VEN earlier today, I do feel unfulfilled having not picked up that ICX, which I'm looking at a price of $2.69 on Binance right now. Icon is a great project and have a lot of that promising wind behind their sails that Vechain have, they have a quality team and company with use-cases forthcoming. If ICX goes back to anywhere near its ATH later this year (c$12.50), I'll be kicking myself that I didn't top-up during this crash. I might get some. I am close to the line with the amount of fiat I can put in for this month, but I'm feeling greedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

A what now? :confused:

:D

Nope, no decent white paper yet. The original one is outdated because the company changed their goals as the the tech developed and grew. In a Reddit AMA, the CEO said that the updated white-paper will be coming with the VEN/VET rebranding event. That is reported to be on February 26th.

Yeah, a white paper is something you would hope would be a given with a top 20 coin. However, with the sheer amount of genuine news, partnerships and forthcoming use cases, I have no problem giving Vechain the benefit of the doubt here.

While I'm happy to have picked up some more VEN earlier today, I do feel unfulfilled having not picked up that ICX, which I'm looking at a price of $2.69 on Binance right now. Icon is a great project and have a lot of that promising wind behind their sails that Vechain have, they have a quality team and company with use-cases forthcoming. If ICX goes back to anywhere near its ATH later this year (c$12.50), I'll be kicking myself that I didn't top-up during this crash. I might get some. I am close to the line with the amount of fiat I can put in for this month, but I'm feeling greedy.

lol yeah just went in again this morning on ICX, nice amount now and i also decided to buy a very significant amount of QSP too. No Vechain as of yet - maybe later :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Buy Dent.

Advertisement