Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

COINBASE WARNING FOR CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS

Just tried to buy some with a credit card and coin base are now processing these as "cash advance" payments. Thankfully my bank declined the transaction as it was more than my daily cash advance allowance. So you will incur the cash advance % charge by your bank too.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

What's people's thoughts on the future of Ada :)

I decided to put in another 1k fiat and i spread it evenly between eth, xrp, xlm, wtc, wabi, cnd. I put the trades in at 12:45 today. Looks to be turning around a bit. Hopefully it keeps that way and i magically timed the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I decided to put in another 1k fiat and i spread it evenly between eth, xrp, xlm, wtc, wabi, cnd. I put the trades in at 12:45 today. Looks to be turning around a bit. Hopefully it keeps that way and i magically timed the bottom.

Brave man!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I bought bitcoin at $6340 this morning but I've been selling as soon as I was in profit.

Got back in at $6900 there and I'll see what happens.
    No sleep for me again tonight it seems :)

• Advertisement

wtf is this E-COIN
    2,174.89% today. Currently trading at $133

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Benji20122012

Coin opinions that one could invest in right now? Already big on Ven, Thinking ICX? stellar/Cardano/WTC Any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

wtf is this E-COIN
    2,174.89% today. Currently trading at $133

Clearly has to be a pnd... 4880% up to $233 now...

lol yeah just went in again this morning on ICX, nice amount now and i also decided to buy a very significant amount of QSP too. No Vechain as of yet - maybe later :pac:

Lol here too, I ended up caving and adding some more ICX just before going to bed. Got it for $2.59. Considering that it was about $6 more expensive this time last week, and I have faith in Icon long-term, I reckon I 'stole' that!

Beyond the name I know very little about QSP, but best of luck with it.
    Coin opinions that one could invest in right now? Already big on Ven, Thinking ICX? stellar/Cardano/WTC Any others?

Get bigger on VEN :pac:

I hold VEN and ICX. Between yesterday evening and very early this morning, I chose to add more to those holdings rather than use the crash to buy-in into another coin.

But if I had the ability to put more fiat in to diversify right now, I'd be looking at this as an opportunity for me to get into NEO.

Also...

NANO (formerly Raiblocks) is currently at a price which I would have jumped at the chance of buying in at a few weeks ago.

WTC likewise, although it's about $5 more expensive right now than it was 20 hours ago.

There's also IOTA which I'd like to get back into. I sold mine for profit a few weeks back, but still feel very positive about the company and its place in the future. Have you heard of IOTA?

Personally I'm staying away from Cardano myself, and I am not interested in Stellar even though it seems like a decent project.

Ahhh, those ICX and VEN are up considerably on what I bought them for less than 24 hours ago.

Must. Not. Daytrade.

Note to Benji above - Maybe hold off on ICX for now, it's currently up 34% over the last 24 hours. That could keep going short-term, sure, but a correction is likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Interesting, i done the opposite, loaded up on ICX, partly because i am not happy with the research i have done on Ven. Interesting, i miss having a whitepaper - is there one about for ven?

Looking at the time of this post and the current price then well done!!

*insert clapping emoji here

Ah lads/ladies, great day for the parish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dfunk

Ambrosus, Enigma and Neblio worth a look. Po.et is cheap, has a working product and new Ceo announcement upcoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

How did you get On?

How did you get On?

Everything is up. Almost at breakeven from the previous day's losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

How did you get On?

Everything is up. Almost at breakeven from the previous day's losses.

Brave move but a great one. Incredible gains across the board in the past 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Glad I swapped most of my alts to ETH during the downturn. ETH recovering better than most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭bebeman

I see that boards.ie is set up to accept payments from BAT, i believe over 5000 sites now accept BAT and it is rising weekly, wikipedia are working on accepting it,
    Just use the Brave browser, which is a reskinned version of chrome and you can check it out.
    From what iv read Brave/BAT is going after Google which is a 750billion MC, 95% of that money would be from advertising.
    If Brave/Bat can capture 10% of Googles advertising market that would mean each BAT worth $75, price right now is $.31.
    Facebook MC $540billion, value all from advertising, another 10% of that captured is $54, for a total of $129 per BAT token.
    Max number of Bat token is 1billion.
    Extensions for other browsers to come this year

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs said. "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Steve Jobs

Now what if Steve Jobs attitude toward Google still exists at Apple, Apple are not in the advertising game as of yet, now what if they decide to implement BAT into Safari?
    This would hurt Google and launch BAT to the moon and would not cost Apple a cent.
    Worth having €100 of BAT, you never know it could be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

bebeman wrote: »
    I see that boards.ie is set up to accept payments from BAT, i believe over 5000 sites now accept BAT and it is rising weekly, wikipedia are working on accepting it,
    Just use the Brave browser, which is a reskinned version of chrome and you can check it out.
    From what iv read Brave/BAT is going after Google which is a 750billion MC, 95% of that money would be from advertising.
    If Brave/Bat can capture 10% of Googles advertising market that would mean each BAT worth $75, price right now is $.31.
    Facebook MC $540billion, value all from advertising, another 10% of that captured is $54, for a total of $129 per BAT token.

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong," Jobs said. "I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Steve Jobs

Now what if Steve Jobs attitude toward Google still exists at Apple, Apple are not in the advertising game as of yet, now what if they decide to implement BAT into Safari?
    This would hurt Google and launch BAT to the moon and would not cost Apple a cent.

BAT as in Basic Attention Token?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I see that boards.ie is set up to accept payments from BAT,.

How does one check something like this?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Great post, definitely worth a shot for the long term. If anyone else has similar recommendations please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/payments.php
    It looks like paypal only to me?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm a BAT hodler. :)

Read about them on Reddit a couple of months back and liked the cut of their jib.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

hots wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/payments.php
    It looks like paypal only to me?

He may have misspoken?

If a user donates BAT to your site, you can claim ownership of said BAT if you wish.

Or maybe boards.ie are properly integrating it. Any admin around to confirm?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

With the total cryptocurrency ban in China, banks not allowing customers to transfer to money into exchanges and general regulations and fud I wonder where do you think the money will come from to rebuild the market to previous cap and beyond?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Autochange wrote: »
    With the total cryptocurrency ban in China, banks not allowing customers to transfer to money into exchanges and general regulations and fud I wonder where do you think the money will come from to rebuild the market to previous cap and beyond?

It may well be that actual investors/normies will be more interested once regulations are settled upon.
    SEC-vetted ICOs with low flight risk?

Hard to tell. I think if Casper releases soon-ish for ETH we'll see an uptick in a big way. ETH is what caused this last year to go so crazy, it's got phenomenal utility as a funding disruptor and dApp platform.

Best people don't look at or think about the total cap as it's at least 50% total **** right now and most are just floating up while pegged to BTC price.
    So many people will be dumping heavy bags over the coming months as project devs vanish, total cap means nothing.

Find undervalued projects that are still being worked on or good ICOs and invest with realistic targets for a sell. Not every coin can 100x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

It may not build back to what it was but that does not mean your currency cant hit the same dizzying heights it once did.
    Coins can fall by the wayside and become worthless if they don't achieve their goals and everyone bails. These zero valued coins will decrease the market cap simply due to being worthless.
    On the flip side of that we could be flooded with more new coins and project that bring more capital into the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

This is just FUD, it's been said multiple times before that China would ban crypto and it's either never came to fruition or they have found workarounds to invest like the OTC market.

Banks do allow customers to transfer money to exchanges, you can use SEPA transfers or purchase with a debit card using Coinbase for example. The only thing some banks have stopped is credit card purchases which shouldn't have been allowed in the first place.

This market has a long way to go yet imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Some good points made . Thanks guys. In in for the long haul anyway. Hopefully I have chosen my alts wisely. Time will tell.

I will post this same question in the other thread to see what those against cryptocurrency think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

grindle wrote: »
    It may well be that actual investors/normies will be more interested once regulations are settled upon.
    SEC-vetted ICOs with low flight risk?x
    Normies would surely be buying in higher numbers if the tech barriers to entry weren't so big.

The more simple, user friendly, easy-lodge exchanges that appear, the more cash will be injected from Joe Bloggs.

Advertisement