Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Benji20122012

Dades wrote: »
    Normies would surely be buying in higher numbers if the tech barriers to entry weren't so big.

The more simple, user friendly, easy-lodge exchanges that appear, the more cash will be injected from Joe Bloggs.

This is absolute fact. I work for a well-known tech company and general knowledge beyond Bitcoin is low. Knowledge regarding tokens is Zero. We are years away from general crypto acceptance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Normies would surely be buying in higher numbers if the tech barriers to entry weren't so big.

The more simple, user friendly, easy-lodge exchanges that appear, the more cash will be injected from Joe Bloggs.

True, when your grandmother can go to a bank, ask to purchase some Ethereum as an investment and they buy it on the market, store it for her, insure it - then it will be accessible

For now the processes for buying, storing, securing and servicing are too risky and overly technical (and painful when dealing with multiple coins/wallets) for the general public

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

VeChain have just launched their dApp, for iOS only from what I seen. There are some screenshots on Reddit. Nothing spectacular and looks to be just a sample but at least it's a working product with practical applications

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Mmm. Simplifying buys will make a big difference, but I think having something like the SEC handholding them will spur investment. Just my opinion.
    When people ask me for tips and they say "How do I know to trust this project?" and my response is usually "You don't know, you hope." they're aghast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

grindle wrote: »
    Mmm. Simplifying buys will make a big difference, but I think having something like the SEC handholding them will spur investment. Just my opinion.
    When people ask me for tips and they say "How do I know to trust this project?" and my response is usually "You don't know, you hope." they're aghast.

Great point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Any opinions on pascal coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Any opinions on pascal coin.

Anyone hold or opinions on EIDOO (EDO)

Their phone app/wallet is a joy to use and they'll will be adding an exchange partnership onto it soon, so at the current price just below $2 and a tight circulating supply I think it's undervalued, but would like others opinions.

It's reached $6.60 during the mad times btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anyone hold or opinions on EIDOO (EDO)

Their phone app/wallet is a joy to use and they'll will be adding an exchange partnership onto it soon, so at the current price just below $2 and a tight circulating supply I think it's undervalued, but would like others opinions.

It's reached $6.60 during the mad times btw.

I got the app for a few airdrops alright, pretty good.

Why do they need a token thou?

I got the app for a few airdrops alright, pretty good.

Why do they need a token thou?

I'm guessing it comes into play when they launch their exchange. Like how Kucoin and Binance coin operates.

Speaking of which Binance is down for the past, and next few hours.

Couple of servers need resyncing according to Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Have a look at AE Aeternity coin. Looks like a good price to get in right now.

Created an shortlist of following coins ICX / Walton / NEO / IOTA / Monero / Neblio /REQ / WABI /ENJ / XRB / BAT /NANO
    WOuld like to reduce this list further to maybe 5
    Opinions on top 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Created an shortlist of following coins ICX / Walton / NEO / IOTA / Monero / Neblio /REQ / WABI /ENJ / XRB / BAT /NANO
    Opinions on top 5?

Well NANO and XRB are the same thing.
    IOTA is a little bit dodgy on security in my opinion, so maybe drop it and go with NANO/XRB.
    Walton might be overpriced due to hype recently but it might be a good hold.

My top 5 would be ICX,NEO,WABI,XRB,REQ but I dont know much about a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Opinions on top 5?

My personal picks would be the first 5

ICX - Premier S Korean blockchain solutions for industry/enterprise (e.g. hospitals, etc)

Walton - seems to be one of the top supply chain coins backed by strong team, good partnerships, will be converting from ECR20 soon, mainnet launching and PoS rewards

Neo - not much needs to be said here, great team, a strong contender to Ethereum, ICOs launching, produces a dividend, excellent community

IOTA - top of the "internet of things" pile, interesting tech

Monero - classic privacy coin, up there with BTC and Dash as good Store of Value

The others are interesting, but I would put them in a higher risk - lower tier category

Well NANO and XRB are the same thing.
    IOTA is a little bit dodgy on security in my opinion, so maybe drop it and go with NANO/XRB.

My top 5 would be ICX,NEO,WABI,XRB,REQ but I dont know much about a few of them.

Yes, my mistake regarding NANO/XRB.- Get confused sometimes with the rebrand

It is down 20% in past 7 days so is an good opportunity to buy

Dohnjoe wrote: »

ICX - Premier S Korean blockchain solutions for industry/enterprise (e.g. hospitals, etc)

Walton - seems to be one of the top supply chain coins backed by strong team, good partnerships, will be converting from ECR20 soon, mainnet launching and PoS rewards

Neo - not much needs to be said here, great team, a strong contender to Ethereum, ICOs launching, produces a dividend, excellent community

Monero - classic privacy coin, up there with BTC and Dash as good Store of Value

The others are interesting, but I would put them in a higher risk - lower tier category

Good summary, May also add LISK to the potential pool as well - rebrand coming up on 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

The more I look at Cindicator CND and use it the more I like it. I currently hold 2000 coins.

The basic premise is that it predicts market results. Both crypto and traditional markets. It uses machine learning and group think.

They have an app available for iOS and android which is on the stores. The app is just called cindicator.

The app asks you questions about the markets and you can decide to answer the question of you think you know the answer. Eg. What range will ETH trade in between 10-14th feb.

The more predictions you get right the more points you get. Incorrect predictions earn you negative points.

Positive point holders earn a share of the 1.25btc prize pool per month for crypto questions and $6k pool for traditional market questions.

People with 5000 or more coins get access to the basic predictions generated by the Cindicator system. Higher coin holders get access to more stuff.

The system encourages people to hold because it gives them access to the predictions. If the predictions prove to be accurate over the long term this could be a good one.

The more I look at Cindicator CND and use it the more I like it. I currently hold 2000 coins.

The basic premise is that it predicts market results. Both crypto and traditional markets. It uses machine learning and group think.

They have an app available for iOS and android which is on the stores. The app is just called cindicator.

The app asks you questions about the markets and you can decide to answer the question of you think you know the answer. Eg. What range will ETH trade in between 10-14th feb.

The more predictions you get right the more points you get. Incorrect predictions earn you negative points.

Positive point holders earn a share of the 1.25btc prize pool per month for crypto questions and $6k pool for traditional market questions.

People with 5000 or more coins get access to the basic predictions generated by the Cindicator system. Higher coin holders get access to more stuff.

The system encourages people to hold because it gives them access to the predictions. If the predictions prove to be accurate over the long term this could be a good one.

I read about CND over the weekend. The trading and arbitrage bots have reportedly yielded positive results for CND users so far.

However, the parts related to the bolded above threw me completely off it. For the 'Beginner' level you need 5k coins, which gives you one indicator per week? To move up to the next level, 'Trader', you need 200k coins which gets you 5 or more indicators per week. To move to the highest level, 'Expert', you need 700k coins. That will get you resistance and support levels too.

I'm sure the bots work well for pro-traders, I'm sure the price of CND coin will increase over the year as an investment in itself never mind using their bots, but it's just not my kind of investment at the moment.

All the best with it Broken Arrow. Sure at 2k coins already, maybe you should try to get the 5k to see what those indicators are like.

Dohnjoe wrote: »

There's been just too much positive news coming out about IOTA in the last 6 weeks that I found it hard to avoid, and I bought back in. I originally bought some IOTA when I first got into crypto in December, but cashed out for profits in January.

I didn't like those few weeks not having any IOTA though. I really think it has a bright future, with the likes of them being employed to help turn Taipei into a smart city, and investment from Bosch. There is solid news about this project almost daily, and the price remains low. It has become a meme on Reddit at this stage - 'Oh look, more good IOTA news, now watch the price tank'.

I bought back in on Tuesday night at $1.55 and since then my portfolio has felt a bit more right to me. No, I didn't get the bottom, which was in the $1.20-1.30 region over the weekend, but feel I got a great price for a long-term hold.

I don't doubt IOTA's tech, but I'd just be wary as to how high the price can go this year. At it's current price of about $1.78, it has a marketcap of $5bn and is the 10th ranked coin as it is. Some will look at IOTA's pre-crash ATH of $5.20 as promising, as a realistic target over the near-term. I'm not so sure though. If it gets back to that ATH by end of year, I'd be thrilled.

I'm definitely bullish on IOTA and will be hoping to pick up more just as soon as Binance get their house back in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Nano is XRB

• Advertisement

Came across this earlier....

Bitcore (BTX) current price $24.85 have this promise to all coin holders in their T&C's

"Free weekly airdrop
    Every monday all registered wallets which are loaded with at least 1 BTX will receive a 6% bonus payment! That’s a six percent interest Every. Single. Week. Enjoy!"

https://bitcore.cc

https://bitcore.cc/5-and-more-airdrops-every-monday-for-btx-holders/#comment-47

That's crazy if true!

(eg)

Week1
    $1000 worth of BTX would be worth ~$1084 on the following Monday
    (1000+ 6% + 1Free BTX)

Week2
    $1084 becomes ~$1173

Week3
    $1173 becomes ~$1267

Week4
    $1267 becomes ~$1367

What am I missing here lads?... cause that's $367 profit on $1000 after four airdrops and 1 free BTX each Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

There's been just too much positive news coming out about IOTA in the last 6 weeks that I found it hard to avoid, and I bought back in. I originally bought some IOTA when I first got into crypto in December, but cashed out for profits in January.

I didn't like those few weeks not having any IOTA though. I really think it has a bright future, with the likes of them being employed to help turn Taipei into a smart city, and investment from Bosch. There is solid news about this project almost daily, and the price remains low. It has become a meme on Reddit at this stage - 'Oh look, more good IOTA news, now watch the price tank'.

I bought back in on Tuesday night at $1.55 and since then my portfolio has felt a bit more right to me. No, I didn't get the bottom, which was in the $1.20-1.30 region over the weekend, but feel I got a great price for a long-term hold.

I don't doubt IOTA's tech, but I'd just be wary as to how high the price can go this year. At it's current price of about $1.78, it has a marketcap of $5bn and is the 10th ranked coin as it is. Some will look at IOTA's pre-crash ATH of $5.20 as promising, as a realistic target over the near-term. I'm not so sure though. If it gets back to that ATH by end of year, I'd be thrilled.

I'm definitely bullish on IOTA and will be hoping to pick up more just as soon as Binance get their house back in order.

I really hope you're right. Bag holding at $5.60 here!

Came across this earlier....

Bitcore (BTX) current price $24.85 have this promise to all coin holders in their T&C's

"Free weekly airdrop
    Every monday all registered wallets which are loaded with at least 1 BTX will receive a 6% bonus payment! That’s a six percent interest Every. Single. Week. Enjoy!"

https://bitcore.cc

https://bitcore.cc/5-and-more-airdrops-every-monday-for-btx-holders/#comment-47

That's crazy if true!

(eg)

Week1
    $1000 worth of BTX would be worth ~$1084 on the following Monday
    (1000+ 6% + 1Free BTX)

Week2
    $1084 becomes ~$1173

Week3
    $1173 becomes ~$1267

Week4
    $1267 becomes ~$1367

What am I missing here lads?... cause that's $367 profit on $1000 after four airdrops and 1 free BTX each Monday

Because technically the airdrops will increase the coins in circulation and should drop the price by 6% every time it happens. Kinda the same way that stock dividends work.

However crypto fluctuation is mad so you never know what's going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Nermal

I really think it has a bright future, with the likes of them being employed to help turn Taipei into a smart city, and investment from Bosch. There is solid news about this project almost daily, and the price remains low.

The price is low because a 'cryptocurrency for the internet of things' is total nonsense. My toaster doesn't need to make trustless, censorship-resistant payments to my fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Nermal wrote: »
    My toaster doesn't need to make trustless, censorship-resistant payments to my fridge.

Probably not, but your washing machine could automatically order more detergent once it's weighed how much of a box you've used, a cab could bill you by the metre if it wanted, or a scalable renewable energy market amongst and between homeowners (consistently undercutting our current energy providers) could develop.
    Very far away but could happen. The IoT is going to become more prevalent than simplistic Alexa/Home devices.

The price is low because a 'cryptocurrency for the internet of things' is total nonsense. My toaster doesn't need to make trustless, censorship-resistant payments to my fridge.

Sounds like you've researched IOTA alright.

I read about CND over the weekend. The trading and arbitrage bots have reportedly yielded positive results for CND users so far.

However, the parts related to the bolded above threw me completely off it. For the 'Beginner' level you need 5k coins, which gives you one indicator per week? To move up to the next level, 'Trader', you need 200k coins which gets you 5 or more indicators per week. To move to the highest level, 'Expert', you need 700k coins. That will get you resistance and support levels too.

I'm sure the bots work well for pro-traders, I'm sure the price of CND coin will increase over the year as an investment in itself never mind using their bots, but it's just not my kind of investment at the moment.

All the best with it Broken Arrow. Sure at 2k coins already, maybe you should try to get the 5k to see what those indicators are like.

I might increase to 5k. Trying to decide that at the moment.

For the concept to work the barrier for indicators needs to be high. If you give everyone access to the indicators then the result can be altered by the amount of people who follow the indication.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

You need to upgrade your toaster if all it can manage is mindless banter with the fridge
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

smacl wrote: »
    You need to upgrade your toaster if all it can manage is mindless banter with the fridge
    giphy.gif

I wouldn't go to far in upgrading those toasters, you never know what the consequences could be.

61LxlqSS6ML._SL1001_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭Nermal

grindle wrote: »
    Probably not, but your washing machine could automatically order more detergent once it's weighed how much of a box you've used, a cab could bill you by the metre if it wanted, or a scalable renewable energy market amongst and between homeowners (consistently undercutting our current energy providers) could develop.

None of these use-cases justify the overhead of a DAG over a database.

I am genuinely interested if someone can come up with one, but just shouting 'internet of things' and 'bosch' isn't really good enough.

Advertisement