Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

BONDIred wrote: »
    What exchange is best for buying alts?

Bittrex and Poloniex are decent based on experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Paddy_B wrote: »
    It's crazy how deep this is. Most people are throwing money at cryptos they heard in the news as recklessly as people throw money at horses before the grand national. I'm trying to research some coins and tokens to evaluate if I should be putting money into them.

Yeah I'm only using money that I can afford to lose to be honest, I'm not counting on making a profit but am hoping that I do.

I know what you're saying though, I've known people who depend on a horse or dog winning so that they'll have money for rent, that seems completely crazy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Check which markets the alt is currently available on at coinmarketcap.com, it should also give you an indication of price differences on each exchange.

I find Binance quite good, seems to have a lot of alts on there, but it really comes down to personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Bittrex is great. However they do not have IOTA.

Usually the commision of exchanging is $2-$3 for orders > 1k. But for a small order of x20 OMG it only cost me $0.50. That was $200 worth at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Paddy_B

Cardano has no working product as yet. It is all vapour.
    I'm NOT saying that Cardano has no future or that it will not spike further .......... just that something with a market cap of 15 Billion dollars but has no proven product is a reflection of the currently crazy world of altcoins. Something with no asset or no working tecnology is at a value similar to Dell Computer Corp. It's madness.
    I bought 18 ADA coins for $9. An amount that I won't care about if the product flops. I will be keeping a keen eye on it however. I'm trying to look at the new coins to justify their potential. I know it's almost like winning the lottery at this stage trying to pick out the one that will be the next BTC. Even with a small portfolio of 10 alt coins, it just takes one of them to spike and create a profit even if the rest fail.

• Advertisement

Paddy_B wrote: »
    I bought 18 ADA coins for $9. An amount that I won't care about if the product flops. I will be keeping a keen eye on it however. I'm trying to look at the new coins to justify their potential. I know it's almost like winning the lottery at this stage trying to pick out the one that will be the next BTC. Even with a small portfolio of 10 alt coins, it just takes one of them to spike and create a profit even if the rest fail.

Ripple (XRP) is your best bet in my opinion. Currently @$0.80. It will go up to between $2-$5 next year. Easy money for 2018 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭covfefe

JustShay wrote: »
    Ripple (XRP) is your best bet in my opinion. Currently @$0.80. It will go up to between $2-$5 next year. Easy money for 2018 :pac:

There are 100 billion Ripple tokens, 60% of which are held by Ripple themselves (due to it being pre-mined), the market cap is currently 30 billion dollars after already rising ~150x since March. How can you be sure that this coin will have a market cap between 75 billion and 190 billion within the next year?

I'd be careful of anyone giving such emphatic advice, most people here have a vested interest in certain cryptocurrencies (myself included) so stand to gain from other people purchasing the coins that they are invested in. My advice would be to take everything everyone says with a huge pinch of salt and do your own research, oh and buy Bitcoin!

covfefe wrote: »
    There are 100 billion Ripple tokens, 60% of which are held by Ripple themselves (due to it being pre-mined), the market cap is currently 30 billion dollars after already rising ~150x since March. How can you be sure that this coin will have a market cap between 75 billion and 190 billion within the next year?

I'd be careful of anyone giving such emphatic advice, most people here have a vested interest in certain cryptocurrencies (myself included) so stand to gain from other people purchasing the coins that they are invested in. My advice would be to take everything everyone says with a huge pinch of salt and do your own research, oh and buy Bitcoin!

Ripple is coming to Coinbase next year. Opening up buying oppurtunities to millions more people. We saw ETH and LTC sky rocket on Coinbase. Ripple is next in my opinion.

Ripple is coming to Coinbase next year.

That seems like another very matter of fact statement, has this been confirmed by Coinbase or Ripple?

I don't keep up to date with these developments so I'd be interested if you could point me to that confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 grazinggreen

Ripple is coming to Coinbase next year.

Do you have a link to prove that?

• Advertisement

Do you have a link to prove that?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

David Schwartz the chief cryptographer at Ripple has stated that two huge announcements will be made before the new year. You can look up his twitter if you would like to see it.

splashuum wrote: »
    David Schwartz the chief cryptographer at Ripple has stated that two huge announcements will be made before the new year. You can look up his twitter if you would like to see it.

It seems that a lot of people who are involved with different coins are proclaiming that "big news is coming", I wonder are they trying to generate interest in their coin? I wonder why they would do such a thing?!

I'm not saying Ripple won't be on Coinbase in the next few months, but I've as of yet not seen any official announcement stating this, I'm just saying that people should be careful and shouldn't believe everything they read online.

covfefe wrote: »
    It seems that a lot of people who are involved with different coins are proclaiming that "big news is coming", I wonder are they trying to generate interest in their coin? I wonder why they would do such a thing?!

I'm not saying Ripple won't be on Coinbase in the next few months, but I've as of yet not seen any official announcement stating this, I'm just saying that people should be careful and shouldn't believe everything they read online.

I don't think David wouldn't be in a position to create "fake news" to benefit the company.

He was correct when he announced news which ended up being the escrow. With this upcoming news it is actually supposed to be involve a link up with "2 major companies" rumoured to be Uber and AirBnB.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Tango One wrote: »
    EMC2 and nxt climbing nicely. Big announcement from EMC2 tomorrow which could cause it to go either way

EMC2 hardfork seems to have killed it for today at least.
    Down 30%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

GreeBo wrote: »
    EMC2 hardfork seems to have killed it for today at least.
    Down 30%

lost a few pound on that this evening... :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

Me too wasn't impressed by the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

anyone invest in Stratis? I think they are the most undervalued coins right now, bought 100 @ $3.20 last month, hanging at $12ish for the last couple of days (went to $16 for a brief period yesterday)

great team behind these guys

Me too wasn't impressed by the announcement.

Hard to know if it's a negative reaction or just the news wasn't as positive as some hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

anyone know what caused that rough 6% average drop and slow recovery last few hours across most coins? All based on BTC and people selling BTC ahead of christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

anyone know what caused that rough 6% average drop and slow recovery last few hours across most coins? All based on BTC and people selling BTC ahead of christmas?

suspect most are following BTC on the way down at the moment

Its a bloodbath out there at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

It looks like an attempt by Bitcoin cash to try to devalue Bitcoin. This happened a month or two ago too.
    Alts always get caught in the crossfire.

Thanks to EMC2 making a mess of that announcement, sold off what I had and put the funds into XVG up 90% so far pretty sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Verge taking off! I only got in at the .05c mark on Sunday but a nice boost up to over .12c there. Hope it keeps going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Thanks to EMC2 making a mess of that announcement, sold off what I had and put the funds into XVG up 90% so far pretty sweet.

Nice move. I wish I did the same.

Back into Bitcoin and waiting for the next pump instead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone in BlackCoin?

Nxt really taking off tonight. I read bittrex will support the airdrop but nothing official yet.

• Advertisement

XVG doing untold ..was told to buy at 0.05 only 3 weeks ago ..its now 25x that value.. Neither of the 2 exchanges I opened had it

Advertisement