Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The promotion goes until the end of the week. To enter the competition for rewards, u have to have spent 1ETH on GTO. That's including withdrawals. There's also another level of the competition for ppl spending 5ETH. So the big traders will be holding until the end of the week so I'm guessing it'll rise steadily as more ppl will be buying in, with nobody selling in large amounts. But I reckon it'll dive sharply on the 19th. This is obviously all guesswork. I've less than €50 on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I might increase to 5k. Trying to decide that at the moment.

For the concept to work the barrier for indicators needs to be high. If you give everyone access to the indicators then the result can be altered by the amount of people who follow the indication.

So i decided today to increase by holding to 5k to gain access to the Basic level of the Cindicator Bot. The price of CND is down today so i thought now is a good time as ever.

I've used some of my ETH to buy the remaining amount rather than add in new money to my holdings. (knowing my luck ETH will probably explode now, you can thank me later :D)

In order to gain access to the bot i need to transfer the tokens to my own wallet rather than Binances. So ill do that tonight.

I might start a thread on it after i set it all up if i think its going to be interesting and worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

So i decided today to increase by holding to 5k to gain access to the Basic level of the Cindicator Bot. The price of CND is down today so i thought now is a good time as ever.

I've used some of my ETH to buy the remaining amount rather than add in new money to my holdings. (knowing my luck ETH will probably explode now, you can thank me later :D)

In order to gain access to the bot i need to transfer the tokens to my own wallet rather than Binances. So ill do that tonight.

I might start a thread on it after i set it all up if i think its going to be interesting and worthwhile.

Would be very interested in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Anybody know how these bots work? Or if Can they work with Kraken ?

splashuum wrote: »
    Anybody know how these bots work? Or if Can they work with Kraken ?

The Cindicator Bot is a combination of human analytics and machine learning.

Cindicator has a phone app which anyone can download and become analyst. The app asks you questions like "what will the trading range for ETH/USD between February 14th-18th".

If you get the answer correct you get some points. The more correct you are the more points you get. If you get it wrong you lose points.

At the end of every month the people with positive points are paid a % of the reward. Currently the reward is 1.25BTC for the crypto market questions and $7500 for traditional markets.

Cindicator take all this information and use their machine learning system to give a suggestion of the most likely outcome.

People who have access to this Bot get the result and can do whatever they want with it. Trade it or not.

The bot doesn't trade for you. It just gives you information.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to help me out with something im having trouble with.

On gdax trading on the buy side if Im trying to catch a fall if for example BTC is 9000 but I think it will drop to 8500. I want to purchase at 8500 so I set my stop at 8500 do I place my limit above the 8500? Example set limit at 8600 or do I set below 8500 at say 8400?

If the coin is dropping. My 8500 limit will activate but I can't get my head around which side of the price my limit should be.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Autochange wrote:
    If the coin is dropping. My 8500 limit will activate but I can't get my head around which side of the price my limit should be.

If you are buying, and it is currently 9000, then you can set your limit buy at any amount below this i.e you would enter a quantity of one, then 8500 in the amount box and press post,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

august12 wrote: »
    If you are buying, and it is currently 9000, then you can set your limit buy at any amount below this i.e you would enter a quantity of one, then 8500 in the amount box and press post,

Thanks for replying.
    I meant if I set my 'stop' ( trigger) to say 8500 im not sure if my limit should be below 8500 or above.

On the sell side I know it's below as it's the lowest price I will accept after my stop( trigger) is added to the market.

But trying to catch a coin on the fall isn't clear to me.

Autochange wrote: »
    Thanks for replying.
    I meant if I set my 'stop' ( trigger) to say 8500 im not sure if my limit should be below 8500 or above.

On the sell side I know it's below as it's the lowest price I will accept after my stop( trigger) is added to the market.

But trying to catch a coin on the fall isn't clear to me.

Try setting your stop to something greater than the price you want to buy at?

In this case, you want to buy at $8500. Put your stop at $8501, and your limit at $8500. This should do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Has anyone read the thread on reddit about this poster paid to shill? I know it happens, but he created multiple accounts to promote some alt coins. It reinforces DYOR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Cardano really trying to break out but finding some strong resistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

GTO flying up today. Almost doubled since this time last week!!
    I expect it to drop like a stone on Tuesday.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Just fell off a cliff!! Lol

Anyone else following the....
    Suppoman
    Selle ICO
    Possible Scam

... clusterfúck of the past few days? :eek:

bascially Suppoman (he is YouTuber for you that dont know) has been seriously shilling a 'BIG SECRET NO.1 ICO FOR 2018' now for over 2 weeks.
    He basically hyped it up beyond belief as a big secret with the a big reveal consisting of him asking folk to pay £10 for one of his Udemy courses to find out who it was... he got absolutely flamed for it!!

that was only the start...

The big secret ICO was SEELE (an alleged Blockchain 4.0 Project) which was relaunching after as it was covered in controversy last month when an admin on their Telegram group made off with $2million ETH after private messaging subscribers offering early access.
    Yes, you did read it right....an admin on their Telegram scammed people. They said they were hacked *roll eyes

This time around they were offering a white list for the first 5000 subscribers @4PM yesterday with a big count down, and it got over 300k wanting on board.
    Yesterday the white list opened on GOOGLE DOCS!! :eek: and got swamped and shut down within an hour - an alleged Blockchain 4.0 company using Goggle docs for their white list!?!?!
    *alarm bells
    It was also noted that the link to the Google doc was visable in the source code of their site hours before
    *more alarm bells

It gets better....
    It has now come to light that their white paper is a load of tosh and all the professors and doctors in their team are not who they say they are, along with other major red flags - yet those shilling this ICO had done their in dept analysis on why this ICO was gonna 200x *more roll eyes

Just be careful out there folks ..Its the Wild Wild West.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭MurDawg

The_B_Man wrote: »
    GTO flying up today. Almost doubled since this time last week!!
    I expect it to drop like a stone on Tuesday.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Just fell off a cliff!! Lol

Got out last night made a nice chunk on it.

However the more I read on GIFTO the more I like.... when the price drops next week, I might buy in long term.

I'd be surprised if this didn't jump again before Sundays dump

For anyone interested i just threw together a quick program to track my portfolio.
    It uses the coinmarketcap api (https://coinmarketcap.com/api/)

I made it for my personal use but i stuck it on Github for anyone who wants it.
    https://github.com/cathalmf/CryptoValues

The compiled files are in the Compiled Program folder. Modify the CryptoValues.exe.config text file to add your own portfolio.
    When running the values are updated every 2.5 minutes.
    The bottom line adds a + - or 0 to indicate if your portfolio value has increased, decreased or is the same compared to the last time it updated.

Obviously im just some internet randomer and running other peoples code on your computer isnt the smartest thing to be doing, especially in the crypto world.

However the code has been uploaded onto github and you can review it and compile it yourself if you know how.

H7TODn9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It has now come to light that their white paper is a load of tosh

That's putting it lightly.
    Anybody thinking of putting any amount of money (even a speculative €0.01 is too much) into this deserves to lose everything and should probably duck out of cryptos before they manage to bankrupt themselves, no joke.
    The whitepaper is just garbled nonsensical buzzwords held together with verbal Pritt Stick, nothing about it makes sense in the slightest.

grindle wrote: »
    That's putting it lightly.
    Anybody thinking of putting any amount of money (even a speculative €0.01 is too much) into this deserves to lose everything and should probably duck out of cryptos before they manage to bankrupt themselves, no joke.
    The whitepaper is just garbled nonsensical buzzwords held together with verbal Pritt Stick, nothing about it makes sense in the slightest.

You had me at Heterogeneous Forest

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It really is amazing how people are throwing together any old idea and tacking "BLOCKCHAIN" into it to get attention. And then people are scrambling to get whitelisted to give them money for their spurious tokens to get in on the action.

What muppets were lodging ETH into some "admins" wallet? You can understand a well constructed scam or a hack - but the level of cognitive dissonance involved when a group thinks they're onto a good thing is scary.

If L. Ron Hubbard were around now he would totally be running an ICO.

Whatever about Airdrops - almost all of them will disappear into the night - but at least they're free and all you need is an email and some unused social media accounts. Collecting tokens is more of a game than anything.

Dades wrote: »
    It really is amazing how people are throwing together any old idea and tacking "BLOCKCHAIN" into it to get attention. And then people are scrambling to get whitelisted to give them money for their spurious tokens to get in on the action.

What muppets were lodging ETH into some "admins" wallet? You can understand a well constructed scam or a hack - but the level of cognitive dissonance involved when a group thinks they're onto a good thing is scary.

If L. Ron Hubbard were around now he would totally be running an ICO.

Whatever about Airdrops - almost all of them will disappear into the night - but at least they're free and all you need is an email and some unused social media accounts. Collecting tokens is more of a game than anything.

There have always been people who are easily persuaded to do something which is obviously stupid to the masses.

The problem with these ****coins is that if you get in early and then dump you can make good money. So regardless of whether people know it's a scam they will still pile in with the hope of the 100x or 1000x.

And it's way too easy these days to create tokens so any Joe soap can create one.

Fyi I'm releasing Broken Token (BKT). We will use quantum nano technology computing to transverse the ellipse of forward thinking blockchain neuronetworking technologicial advancements. Subscribe to my ICO now. 99% of tokens will be reserved by developers. T&C We will dump asap.

I bet this would make loads of money as an ico. Haha.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

1tnhrn.jpg

• Advertisement

Not gonna lie...I thought Suppomans videos were OK (more fool me) and I have learned a lot these past few weeks.

He even done his own thorough review and scoring of this ICO :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

DADI currently trading under ICO price on IDEX for those interested - pre-sale whales taking a dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I'd get out of pillar and paypie if you had them.

Pillar are over reaching so much it's absurd.

And paypie are money lending with no insurance for the lender. Bankrupt company just takes your money off into the sunset

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

anyone in Vechain?.... another partnership announcement today (one of many) but a huge rumour of partnership with BMW...

relaunch next week.... mainet launch in June.... it will be similar to neo in that there will a transaction token created called vechain thor based on your vechain holding...

The partnerships they have are pretty amazing tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Nice rise on ETC over the last 2 weeks.
    I bought in at @€;15 and sitting at a peak of €32 today.

The psychological aspect of new market entrants owning a "whole" coin has more to do with the rise here than the use case I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

banie01 wrote: »
    Nice rise on ETC over the last 2 weeks.
    I bought in at @€;15 and sitting at a peak of €32 today.

The psychological aspect of new market entrants owning a "whole" coin has more to do with the rise here than the use case I reckon.

part of that is down to the free fork upcoming though?..

was watching one of bitcoinmeister videos and they revealed a lot of the big miners were at the etc summit recently.... since eth is planning to move to POS they reckon that these miners may move back to classic in big numbers.... what this could do for price im not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

jobless wrote: »
    anyone in Vechain?.... another partnership announcement today (one of many) but a huge rumour of partnership with BMW...

relaunch next week.... mainet launch in June.... it will be similar to neo in that there will a transaction token created called vechain thor based on your vechain holding...

It's one of my main holdings :cool:
    Good news all around in regards to new partnerships.

Does anywhere accept deposits or purchases via PayPal?

jobless wrote: »

It's been my main hold since New Years.

I bought the Reddit shill initially, then went down the Vechain rabbit-hole to see that there was real substance behind the shill. I did a lot of my own research. Not that I am a crypto or tech guru, but I am very confident that I am putting my money in a coin which has a busy, innovative company behind it. It's not that complex - If the tech solves a problem and real partnerships are being made with large, successful companies in different industries, confidence is instilled in me as a buyer.

The BMW rumours have been circulating for a while, as have other rumours, and all these could come to fruition. I think there will be at least one 'big' announcement at next week's rebranding. However, discounting the rumours, there's already enough real news out there to assure me of a bright, busy future for Vechain.

The partnerships are amazing as you said. This is not a coin or project that needs news/rumours of a listing on a new exchange to bump its price.

This video is a decent, non-shilly introduction to Vechain and the forthcoming Thor token for anyone who wants to know more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's been my main hold since New Years.

Yeah I went into Vechain, did a good bit of research. I came out the other end thinking Waltonchain came out slightly better, has a patent on their own tech, their own RFIDs (which they can produce pretty damn cheap) plus they are branching out in all directions.

Both projects look good, one of them might corner that market, so I went into both

Advertisement