Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭bebeman

Salon.com have given a choice to site users , disable Ad blockers or allow Salon to use Your Browser to Mine Crypto.
    https://www.salon.com/about/faq-what-happens-when-i-choose-to-suppress-ads-on-salon/
    So this will be the future for websites as more and more people use Ad blockers.
    One alternative is BAT that i post about, DYOR and see its potential, i believed will either be a top 10 coin or a niche product for tech savvy sites, but then today i see the big one that will bring it to the public attention is now enabled www.wikipedia.org/.
    The thing is with www.wikipedia.org every few months they put a banner up on site looking for donations to keep the site running, what if next time they ask "please Use Brave browser or the BAT extension for you browser to help fund www.wikipedia.org this will bring BAT to the attention of MILLIONS of people every month.

www.dublinbus.ie
    www.eurogamer.net
    www.telegraph.co.uk
    www.newsweek.com
    www.spiegel.de/
    www.lefigaro.fr
    are also enabled for BAT, it is starting to be picked up by main stream sites.
    Get in now at the ground floor at $.42c, or curse yourself for passing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

bebeman wrote: »
    Salon.com have given a choice to site users , disable Ad blockers or allow Salon to use Your Browser to Mine Crypto.
    https://www.salon.com/about/faq-what-happens-when-i-choose-to-suppress-ads-on-salon/
    So this will be the future for websites as more and more people use Ad blockers.
    One alternative is BAT that i post about, DYOR and see its potential, i believed will either be a top 10 coin or a niche product for tech savvy sites, but then today i see the big one that will bring it to the public attention is now enabled www.wikipedia.org/.
    The thing is with www.wikipedia.org every few months they put a banner up on site looking for donations to keep the site running, what if next time they ask "please Use Brave browser or the BAT extension for you browser to help fund www.wikipedia.org this will bring BAT to the attention of MILLIONS of people every month.

www.dublinbus.ie
    www.eurogamer.net
    www.telegraph.co.uk
    www.newsweek.com
    www.spiegel.de/
    www.lefigaro.fr

Slightly related, I'm eyeing bat as a short term flip if it dips a little lower, very close to a 2018 low.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

www.dublinbus.ie
    www.eurogamer.net
    www.telegraph.co.uk
    www.newsweek.com
    www.spiegel.de/
    www.lefigaro.fr

What are you shilling! Those sites don't accept bats and likely never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 CryptoMad

www.dublinbus.ie
    www.eurogamer.net
    www.telegraph.co.uk
    www.newsweek.com
    www.spiegel.de/
    www.lefigaro.fr

The Brave browser is not great unfortunately. It has a long way to go.

There is also a lot of competition in this sector, hard to see it making much progress in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

It's been my main hold since New Years.

I bought the Reddit shill initially, then went down the Vechain rabbit-hole to see that there was real substance behind the shill. I did a lot of my own research. Not that I am a crypto or tech guru, but I am very confident that I am putting my money in a coin which has a busy, innovative company behind it. It's not that complex - If the tech solves a problem and real partnerships are being made with large, successful companies in different industries, confidence is instilled in me as a buyer.

The BMW rumours have been circulating for a while, as have other rumours, and all these could come to fruition. I think there will be at least one 'big' announcement at next week's rebranding. However, discounting the rumours, there's already enough real news out there to assure me of a bright, busy future for Vechain.

The partnerships are amazing as you said. This is not a coin or project that needs news/rumours of a listing on a new exchange to bump its price.

This video is a decent, non-shilly introduction to Vechain and the forthcoming Thor token for anyone who wants to know more...

yeah, all of these announcements are amazing... hard to believe the amount of them and with solid companies too.... Ceo meeting vice president of belgium etc etc... just hope they can deliver!

• Advertisement

What are you shilling! Those sites don't accept bats and likely never will.

Idiots guide to confirming sites have BAT enabled
    install Brave browser
    in settings enable payments
    view said web sites
    address bar top of page, to the right is a shield which turns yellow if BAT is enabled on the site
    go back to setting/payments to see how long you spent on enabled sites and how much BAT they would have earned.
    Later this year you the user will earn BAT by viewing these sites and then can do what ever you want with them
    CryptoMad wrote: »

There is also a lot of competition in this sector, hard to see it making much progress in the short term.

The BRAVE browser is a skinned version of the most used browser in the world CHROME, with added benefit of no adds or tracking, it is considerably faster than CHROME because of this, how can it be not great?
    Try it on mobile it is without a doubt the best option for a browser on a phone.

Have you even checked out who is behind Brave browser?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Eich (wiki now is BAT enabled)
    Co-founder of Mozilla, which just happened to be a little web browser company that no one gave a chance to compete, How did that work out?

This place is so full of negative posters, you dont want others to succeed, you want to brag about gains and gloat when others take a loss.
    So here is a tip i picked up elsewhere, may your gains be plentiful!
    When VEN goes up ICX goes down
    When VEN is up sell and buy ICX
    When ICX goes up VEN goes down
    When ICX is up sell and buy VEN
    Repeat and multiple your stack of both VEN and ICX
    They have been doing this dance for a while now, Look at the charts it as predicable as the tide coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'm bullish on BAT but you don't seem to understand how BAT works - you're presuming things you shouldn't be presuming and calling other people idiots for not wrongly presuming the same thing you're wrongly presuming.
    Where does my contribution go if a publisher/website is not part of this program yet?
    When there is about $100.00 USD in BAT for a specific publisher, from all contributors, Brave makes three attempts to complete the publisher verification process. We will hold unclaimed funds for a minimum of 90 days, after which it will be added to the UGP (User Growth Pool).

There you go, spelled out for you. Sites can be enabled for payments but not be verified yet - tone the epic shill down a bit.
    BAT may succeed and I hope it does, just stop spreading misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

grindle wrote: »
    I'm bullish on BAT

Mind me asking do you hold a bit?

I like this project for a while now, but caught in two minds to increase my Quantstamp numbers or get some BAT.

Mind me asking do you hold a bit?

I bought some when it was being FUDed post-ICO and levelled out around $0.08 to $0.15 for a while.
    I wasn't expecting the surge that happened to the whole crypto-scene in the second half of last year and figured if BAT could even make a slight dent in the ad market it would be valuable - I was planning to hold for 3-5 years because the team is really good and I like the concept and execution.

With the way the market is now (people pricing in future possibilities years in advance) it might hit my price targets within a year or two, which is great!

I do think it will be a multi-billion dollar coin some day, but it takes patience waiting out some of these horrendous dips.

• Advertisement

I bought some when it was being FUDed post-ICO and levelled out around $0.08 to $0.15 for a while.
    I wasn't expecting the surge that happened to the whole crypto-scene in the second half of last year and figured if BAT could even make a slight dent in the ad market it would be valuable - I was planning to hold for 3-5 years because the team is really good and I like the concept and execution.

With the way the market is now (people pricing in future possibilities years in advance) it might hit my price targets within a year or two, which is great!

I do think it will be a multi-billion dollar coin some day, but it takes patience waiting out some of these horrendous dips.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

This place is so full of negative posters, you dont want others to succeed, you want to brag about gains and gloat when others take a loss.
    They have been doing this dance for a while now, Look at the charts it as predicable as the tide coming in.

whats the correlation between the 2?

install Brave browser
    in settings enable payments
    view said web sites
    address bar top of page, to the right is a shield which turns yellow if BAT is enabled on the site
    go back to setting/payments to see how long you spent on enabled sites and how much BAT they would have earned.
    Later this year you the user will earn BAT by viewing these sites and then can do what ever you want with them

The BRAVE browser is a skinned version of the most used browser in the world CHROME, with added benefit of no adds or tracking, it is considerably faster than CHROME because of this, how can it be not great?
    Try it on mobile it is without a doubt the best option for a browser on a phone.

Have you even checked out who is behind Brave browser?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Eich (wiki now is BAT enabled)
    Co-founder of Mozilla, which just happened to be a little web browser company that no one gave a chance to compete, How did that work out?

I bought the ICO and sold in December. As I said this token has a long way to go.

I'm bullish on BAT but you don't seem to understand how BAT works - you're presuming things you shouldn't be presuming and calling other people idiots for not wrongly presuming the same thing you're wrongly presuming.

There you go, spelled out for you. Sites can be enabled for payments but not be verified yet - tone the epic shill down a bit.
    BAT may succeed and I hope it does, just stop spreading misinformation.

what are you on about?
    BAT is a work in progress, they are enabling new features as the year goes on, i am pointing out that main stream sites are now participating with BAT, now is the time time to buy as it is cheap, how do you thing the price will move once wikipedia announces you can support the site with BAT.
    How will the price move when subscription news sites say you can view content for free it you use BAT?
    Do you or anyone here really think boards.ie has enough influence to swing the price up or down?
    Shilling is impossible on this site, too small to make any difference won't move the price a cent, no matter how many here buy or dump.
    Look at the joke that is NANO. plenty of poster here pushing that POS and now are gloating as others lost money.
    It all goes back to the negative attitude of some posters here, they dont share info on making money, just gloat when others loose money.
    DYOR on BAT, this is a ground floor entry point

what are you on about?
    BAT is a work in progress, they are enabling new features as the year goes on, i am pointing out that main stream sites are now participating with BAT, now is the time time to buy as it is cheap, how do you thing the price will move once wikipedia announces you can support the site with BAT.
    How will the price move when subscription news sites say you can view content for free it you use BAT?
    Do you or anyone here really think boards.ie has enough influence to swing the price up or down?
    Shilling is impossible on this site, too small to make any difference won't move the price a cent, no matter how many here buy or dump.
    Look at the joke that is NANO. plenty of poster here pushing that POS and now are gloating as others lost money.
    It all goes back to the negative attitude of some posters here, they dont share info on making money, just gloat when others loose money.
    DYOR on BAT, this is a ground floor entry point

“This is a ground floor entry point”

No it’s not, you need to calm down PMSL....

what are you on about?

I've done enough research on BAT, I'm happy to have money in it.

You've repeated this notion that the little heart shield being lit up means the site is a verified publisher accepting BAT - that's simply untrue.
    I want the same things to happen with BAT as you want to happen, but you keep repeating false info.

And no, I don't think your shills move the market at all, but they're still shills. Everybody recommending every coin they like is shilling - you and I both shill for BAT! Our singular voices don't move markets but a swarm of us posting regularly certainly does, but when posting about NextGreatHypeCoin just keep it to the facts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

what are you on about?
    BAT is a work in progress, they are enabling new features as the year goes on, i am pointing out that main stream sites are now participating with BAT, now is the time time to buy as it is cheap,

You are treating it like these companies have started some kind of partnership with BATS.

All they have done is registered so that they can claim the money thats been assigned to the website.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yeah I went into Vechain, did a good bit of research. I came out the other end thinking Waltonchain came out slightly better, has a patent on their own tech, their own RFIDs (which they can produce pretty damn cheap) plus they are branching out in all directions.

Both projects look good, one of them might corner that market, so I went into both

Great that you can go into both, that would be my own preference if I could afford to diversify further.

When I originally went down that Vechain rabbit-hole, that led me to Waltonchain and I bought some of those at the start of January, same time as VEN. I really like Waltonchain. However, after a few days of non-movement with WTC, I sold them at around $10 and added those funds to my VEN hold. The following day, WTC jumped to $15, and in the following 10 days carried on towards $40+. I only had about 15 of them, but they still would have made some nice gains.

I'd love to hold some WTC. I still like it, but by the time the early February crash (sale) came around, I chose to put more fiat into my main holds, VEN and ICX, rather than use it as a chance to buy back into WTC.

Both Vechain and Waltonchain are very solid projects. I would like to think that holding both or either would serve us well in the long run.

As a holder of both, I'm familiar with their price movements. You are not actually a million miles away there, I've noticed a similar pattern myself.

However, I can't find any reason why this is, beyond coincidence. I can't find anything substantial enough to make me take your post (and my own inklings) as fool-proof investment logic.

Not saying that you are wrong. Just saying that I've noticed this too but it doesn't make sense to me. I know things don't need to make sense in order for me to make profits, but I wouldn't be fearless enough to try this method. All the best to you with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭el diablo

CryptoMad wrote: »

Brave browser works very well on the latest Android phones (far better than Chrome in my opinion). Tried it on Windows 10 and it wasn't so good though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

OCN
    Grab & oBike DYOR
    Binance soon??
    stay away if you dont like money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Just watched the Lisk relaunch event, impressive stuff. Looking like the first true big blockchain company is forming, i hope others follow. Big year for blockchain, more so towards late 2018. Hopefully by then we will see a number of blockchain projects following suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

OCN
    Grab & oBike DYOR
    Binance soon??

Jaysus..

If you like a particular coin, maybe give a description, details, competitors, pros and cons

No need for this kind of crap

OCN
    Grab & oBike DYOR
    Binance soon??

Parklife!

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Jaysus..

If you like a particular coin, maybe give a description, details, competitors, pros and cons

No need for this kind of crap

Does your mother mash up your food before she spoon feeds it to you?
    Do Your Own Research.
    I laid out why BAT could be huge, got pissed on, so wont bother going into detail again on a coin, and by the way BIG rumour about BAT doing the rounds.

Grab=Asian Uber
    Obike is their new bike rental partnership
    will soon use OCN to pay for rides/bike rental
    This is ground floor entry point .01c
    Back up the truck and buy with both hands

Is that easy for all to follow?

I love the Crypto community we have

I laid out why BAT could be huge, got pissed on, so wont bother going into detail again on a coin, and by the way BIG rumour about BAT doing the rounds.

:confused: You first posted about BAT on 7thFeb @ 11:08
    Price at time: $0.36
    Today's price: $0.38

...whats am i missing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

It's called shilling.

The most annoying part of the crypto community.

Closely followed by fud and amateur butchers

It's called shilling.

The most annoying part of the crypto community.

Closely followed by fud and amateur butchers

I actually enjoy the butcher's posts

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Does your mother mash up your food before she spoon feeds it to you?

We get it, you like BAT, I bought it June, it's one of my worst performing coins.. I still believe it has potential. But no need to shove it down people's throats. That's called shilling - the domain of kids and people who've been in this since December, no point to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Can someone explain how Tether works? How does the price always stay at 1$?

Advertisement