Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt Coin Thread (Vertcoin, OMG, CVC, PAY etc).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭SkySter

SkySter wrote: »
    Icon (ICX) - Is now available for trading on Bithumb

Great news for the icon holders who have been waiting patiently for it to be listed on a Korean exchange.

ICX now also to be listed on Upbit, another large South Korean exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

I see Wanchain was listed this morning on Binance, looks like more or less circa $5, crazy stuff, dropping back to 4.44 now. Potentially a huge project but needs a significant dip for me to buy in now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I see Wanchain was listed this morning on Binance, looks like more or less circa $5, crazy stuff, dropping back to 4.44 now. Potentially a huge project but needs a significant dip for me to buy in now...

.39c @ ICO (Oct 17) and now $5 .... nice if you had some and something tells me probably the last of the batch of ICO from 2017 that seen massive profits off the bat.

Welcome back btw :)

Anyone here hold any NULS? I like the cut if their jib and might sell some other coins to nab a few.

.39c @ ICO (Oct 17) and now $5 .... nice if you had some and something tells me probably the last of the batch of ICO from 2017 that seen massive profits off the bat.

Welcome back btw :)

Anyone here hold any NULS? I like the cut if their jib and might sell some other coins to nab a few.

yeah true and thanks ha. Took a break, only opened the app once a day, no news. Life is good. I am in for the long term though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Anyone getting some ship (ShipChain)... On idex haven't used that exchange yet but tempted to buy some... Anyone here used it before??? Going for roughly 8cent at the mo...

• Advertisement

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Anyone getting some ship (ShipChain)... On idex haven't used that exchange yet but tempted to buy some... Anyone here used it before??? Going for roughly 8cent at the mo...

Why this over Cargox - looks like Cargox are further ahead in development/roadmap? I think there are a few projects going aimed at the logistics market, granted it is a huge pie and there may well be room for a few but i would be interested in hearing our opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Just invested in SNOV at 3c.(previously 40c) Marketplace launch is next week. I’m expecting a rise in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BonesJones1

Just wondering what ye use to buy your alt coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Binance, IDEX, ForkDelta, RadarRelay, Kyber.

In order by use, personally.

grindle wrote: »
    Binance, IDEX, ForkDelta, RadarRelay, Kyber.

In order by use, personally.

ThanksðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

Kucoin, Bittrex, Kraken too.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Was listening to a recent Colin Moriarty podcast about Cryptocurrencies. The guy was from a coin called Library. It is one of the few coins with an application. In short you can create a file, load it onto a file sharing network which pulls it much like torrents but you can charge a small fee for the file.

They are aiming at content creators who want to get paid for their work rather than using ad revenue like with Youtube.

Anyone investing in Ripple with the Western Union news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Anyone investing in Ripple with the Western Union news?

Nobody, going by the charts.
    A lot of good news recently and the price still won't creep up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Was listening to a recent Colin Moriarty podcast about Cryptocurrencies. The guy was from a coin called Library. It is one of the few coins with an application. In short you can create a file, load it onto a file sharing network which pulls it much like torrents but you can charge a small fee for the file.

They are aiming at content creators who want to get paid for their work rather than using ad revenue like with Youtube.

This sounds like a terrible concept. I read the FAQ on the site to get an idea of how it works.

It's almost exactly like a torrent system which requires downloaders to also keep the file seed and upload.

Far easier to host content somewhere and just put a pay wall on it. Much easier than having to get your users to setup a wallet etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

What is likely from the token available? OMG/BAT come to mind straight away.

Edit - Well the market certainly thinks BAT is a lock. Look at those green dildos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@xenonnsmb/how-to-print-your-own-money-by-creating-an-ico-easy-guide-for-beginners

Any interest lads? Call it Boardcoin or something. I’ll be happy to become a special advisor or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Anon team, special advisor seems to be a fly-by-night scammer with no confidence in the project and there's been no mention of the token's economics or utility.

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Big climbs for XVG and BAT in the last 24hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Big climbs for XVG and BAT in the last 24hrs.

BAT is actually down 2% over the last 24 hours according to coinmarketcap. Shame as it would be nice to see a coin or two in the green. EOS up a bit (12%), but still way down on what I bough it for.

smacl wrote: »
    BAT is actually down 2% over the last 24 hours according to coinmarketcap. Shame as it would be nice to see a coin or two in the green. EOS up a bit (12%), but still way down on what I bough it for.

BAT had jumped nearly 1000Sats when I posted, It has lost about 1/3 of that gain now.

Has anyone here purchased KIN? I'm holding a small bit since January and bought more this week to bring down my cost average since it has fallen through the floor in the last few months. I believe they are announcing their first partnerships on Saturday so it might be due a bump.

It's a fun one to hold as it's currently valued at just over 1/100th of a cent so you get tons of them for next to nothing. Somewhere between .01c and .10c is probably its maximum potential price.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

BAT had jumped nearly 1000Sats when I posted, It has lost about 1/3 of that gain now.

Has anyone here purchased KIN? I'm holding a small bit since January and bought more this week to bring down my cost average since it has fallen through the floor in the last few months. I believe they are announcing their first partnerships on Saturday so it might be due a bump.

It's a fun one to hold as it's currently valued at just over 1/100th of a cent so you get tons of them for next to nothing. Somewhere between .01c and .10c is probably its maximum potential price.

What exchange(s) are they on?

What exchange(s) are they on?

KIN?

The best and easiest one I found to buy it on is Stellarport.

Coinmarketcap will give you the full list but I think when I bought first in January I had to use etherdelta and it was hell.

With Stellarport just transfer XLM from any exchange to Stellarport (confirmation in 5 seconds) and buy from there. Couldn't be easier.

Kin's first partnership has been announced https://www.coindesk.com/video-game-giant-unity-work-mobile-app-kiks-ico-token/

Here's a list of some of Unity's better known games

League of Legends
    Pokémon Go
    Angry Birds 2
    Super Mario Run
    Angry Birds Epic
    Hearthstone
    Temple Run 2
    Might & Magic X: Legacy
    Sonic Dash

That's a pretty big damn partnership with huge potential use of the coin in their games.

Cheers.

Just spent the past 6 hours reading up on KIN and KIK.

I've decided to buy a modest sum.

Sent some XLM to Stellarport and bought some KIN.
    Withdrew to my ledger.

Very handy process!

Let's hope for some good times ahead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,037 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Cheers.

Just spent the past 6 hours reading up on KIN and KIK.

I've decided to buy a modest sum.

Sent some XLM to Stellarport and bought some KIN.
    Withdrew to my ledger.

Very handy process!

Let's hope for some good times ahead ;)

Did about an hour's research back when it was a mess, bought a very modest amount after the ICO, what did you think gives it potential?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Did about an hour's research back when it was a mess, bought a very modest amount after the ICO, what did you think gives it potential?

I’m a gamer. And once I read into its potential adoption and target audience, I was sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Kin's first partnership has been announced https://www.coindesk.com/video-game-giant-unity-work-mobile-app-kiks-ico-token/

Here's a list of some of Unity's better known games

League of Legends
    Pokémon Go
    Angry Birds 2
    Super Mario Run
    Angry Birds Epic
    Hearthstone
    Temple Run 2
    Might & Magic X: Legacy
    Sonic Dash

That's a pretty big damn partnership with huge potential use of the coin in their games.

Unity is a game engine, not a developer. Those games are made by other companies. For the coin to be used in games then the developers would need to implement it as an IAP (in app purchase) or ad revenue and there would need to be some incentive to using it to other existing services like chartboost or admob, such as a higher payout per ad click etc.

The biggest barrier would be the volatility of the coin in the crypto market as most services pay in dollars at the end of a month so you would be asking developers to have faith that the kin they are receiving will be the same price when they go to cash out, and we all know the value of crypto can change drastically in a few hours.

That is unless I'm not understanding the proposed use correctly here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Hi,

This thread has become too alternative for me, I thank you all for your every input but on this subject I am more suited to a less intricate high level view which I will obtain from the mainstream thread. Thank you all.

Advertisement