Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureComm problems

Options
  • 06-12-2017 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all

We just got a new alarm system installed including HKC SecureComm system and I have the app on my phone. When I am at home it works (which is a bit pointless as I have the alarm keypad in front of me!) but when I am in work I cannot connect - I get this message:

Unable to connect to the SecureComm service, please check the phone signal level and data is enabled.

(Mod note see the charter about illegal non vat projects please)

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Sounds like your phone hasn't a Internet connection when you're in work. If it works at home then it's not the unit as you connect to HKC servers regardess of where you are.

Can you browse the internet in work?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nomonnofun

Hi Fredfunk thanks so much for replying. I have a very strong WiFi connection using my phone in work, so that doesn’t sound like the problem.....

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Could be the wifi you are connected to doesn't have access to the HKC servee. Port 50001 . If you turn off the wifi does it work? If so then it's the router not allowing access

stuartkee wrote: »
    Could be the wifi you are connected to doesn't have access to the HKC servee. Port 50001 . If you turn off the wifi does it work? If so then it's the router not allowing access

Ah, ok, thank you I’ll try that in work tomorrow and report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

The issue is your server in work has the app blocked stay on 3g and it will work fine .

quote="nomonnofun;105486729"]Ah, ok, thank you I’ll try that in work tomorrow and report back![/quote]

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for your help, stuartkee and fredfunk, you were absolutely right! I turned off WiFi on my phone in work and it has worked perfectly :)

Advertisement