Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluetooth headphones

• 06-12-2017 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Having borrowed a pair of bluetooth earbuds I realized a couple of things:

1. Wireless is fantastically convenient!
    2. EarBuds don't suit/work for me. They fall out!

So looking for some good portable bluetooth headphones - with mic for calls.

Was in Harvey Norman and tried the Bose QuiteComfort 35s' ... fantastic sound - noise cancelling too

But just can't justify the price! ... Amazon -
    £329

These were also nice .... Amazon - £189
    Not noise cancelling .... but closed feeling about them

Any recommendations I should be considering?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

....... wrote: »

I have Anker earbuds which come with the adjustments.
    Still find them fiddly ... and not sure I like that vacuum it creates

Sound quality on the Ankers are not bad ... but not premium by any means .. and are a drop on the Apple buds.

Plus the mic isn't great for calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Skullcandy Grind Wireless. They are fantastic and come with a cable so you can use them if you run out of juice while out and about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

AKG N60NC. consistently win group tests against the competition, superb audio quality, NC is excellent too. i have Sennheiser HD650, B&W P7 and C5's and no issues with the audio quality on the akg.

• Advertisement

Every review I read about ANC ... points back to the Bose Quite Comfort 35 II

While it’s a lot to pay ... not sure I would regret if you know what I mean.

Any owners care to comment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

keith_d99 wrote: »
    I have Anker earbuds which come with the adjustments.
    Still find them fiddly ... and not sure I like that vacuum it creates

Sound quality on the Ankers are not bad ... but not premium by any means .. and are a drop on the Apple buds.

Plus the mic isn't great for calls

Ive just taken delivery of a set of these and I am absolutley blown away by the quality...what a steal at that price.

Perfect Christmas gift btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Yes, go buy them. The ANC is second to none, they are super comfy(have happily worn them for 4-6 hours) and Bose customer care is awesome. Mine developed a slight buzz on one side, brought them to the Bose store and they swapped them out straight away despite me buying from Argos!!

Just to note I have the QC35 first edition, not the latest ones (only difference as far as I am aware is added google something or other)

Great thread over on on Bargain alerts - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057677268

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Every review I read about ANC ... points back to the Bose Quite Comfort 35 II

While it’s a lot to pay ... not sure I would regret if you know what I mean.

Any owners care to comment?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I finally picked up some Bose QC35 IIs recently after a lot of pondering - don't regret one bit, loving them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I also have Bose Quietcomfort 35s - they are great in terms of sound, comfort and battery life - but realistically they are only necessary if you travel / fly a lot, or want to wear them in a noisy environment e.g. a noisy workplace where you can wear headphones. You won't notice the noise cancelling at home and it might make sound quality worse, while if you are outside walking etc, the microphones for the noise cancelling can cause background noise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I just got the QC35ii last week.

Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine spending anywhere near a hundred quid on a set of headphones, let alone what these bad boys cost. Worth every cent.

OP here - Picked them up just before Xmas in Dixons Heathrow - £299

Again, same as other posters - ridiculous money but a great purchase/investment :)

Use them travelling, around house (they drown everything out in a ridiculous way), work (in an office ... no problems with Skype etc.), and just general out and about!

The brain does need a little time to adjust to the noise cancelling aspect. Comfort-wise, they are top-notch and most importantly the sound is fantastic.

The double bluetooth connection is handy ... even if some calls from phone can be "snowy" for a few seconds. For sheer convenience - I will live with this.

Downsides? Not much ... bluetooth does drop momentarily in certain scenarios. For example, laptop lid was against a wall ... sound kept "flicking off" - I put it down to the bluetooth transmitter in the laptop being too close to the wall???

I'm of the belief if you want to really fall in love with your music again, paying a good bit for a set of headphone's, turntable, amp, etc will make you very happy you did in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'm thinking of purchasing the below for running and gym.

They get good reviews but there very cheap so I'm wondering if they'll be any good?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07527MZZ1

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

They look like Beats knock offs to me so i would personally avoid them but i am a picky sod anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,082 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

They look like Beats knock offs to me so i would personally avoid them but i am a picky sod anyway. :pac:

Arrived quickly and I must say I'm very impressed.

Needed the hooks as I couldn't get regular earphones to stay in my ears when I'm out and about/gym.

Sound is very good, easily connects and battery seems very good so far. Can't go wrong for 30 euros.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Job done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Looking for a pair of wireless buds for the gym. My most recent wired buds have been or are Sennheiser Momentum M2IEI'S and Soundmagic E10c's. Looking to mix it up for 100 quid and the best possible sound quality at that price. Any suggestions please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Advertisement