Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nespresso membership?

• 06-12-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭

Now while I would normally pop into 3FE, Vice or PO to get my coffee my daughter went into the Nespresso shop off Grafton St to buy some Nespresso Pods as a pressie I think but wanted to buy some pods. She was asked did she have a Nespresso membership number and when she replied No they told her she could not buy any pods without it. Has anyone ever herd such nonsense before or where they just taking the Michael trying to force her to sign up.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Moved into its own thread as it has nothing to do with 3FE.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

No, apparently that's how it works with Nespresso. I just got a new machine for my birthday and have registered for a card. You top up the card with funds and go shopping for pods with it. It's a load of faff so I reckon I'll just buy them online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Let me guess. You can only top up in incremental amounts of a fiver or a tenner, but a single order of pods costs 7 euro, so you are always stuck with a balance on the card, which Nespresso helpfully keeps for you.

Scam.

Avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

You don't need to top up the card. You can go into the shop, pick up your pods, scan your membership card and pay with your own card at the self service machine. In Arnotts they have a counter to pay at. You can just give an email address to get the card, it's not a huge event to get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

The Nespresso store on Duke street makes you pay upstairs if you do not have your Nespresso card with you or if you don't have one.. Its cashless downstairs, so you pay with your own bank card. I think you can pay cash upstairs.

I have stopped going there and just use the pop up shop in Dundrum and now Liffey Vally to buy my pods. When they ask me if i'm a member i just say no because i don't want to wait till they input my details into the computer for their marketing policy. If its of no benefit to us as customers then don't offer your details. Its a piss take really. It would be totally different if they offered a loyalty scheme for purchases but they don't.

I do love the coffee though. So simple and so nice!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭granturismo

No, apparently that's how it works with Nespresso. I just got a new machine for my birthday and have registered for a card. You top up the card with funds and go shopping for pods with it. It's a load of faff so I reckon I'll just buy them online.

I've been buying pods in the Duke St shop for at least 2 years and have always paid in cash or by credit card.

I have never seen a facility in store or online to top up my nespresso card. As far as I can see the card is just a method of tracking shopping trends. I usually ask for and get, some free samples when I buy and I guess my purchase history helps in this regard.

I cant say if its possible to purchase pods in Duke St without a nespresso card but it is definitely possible in their stand in Liffy Valley.

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    The Nespresso store on Duke street makes you pay upstairs if you do not have your Nespresso card with you or if you don't have one.. Its cashless downstairs, so you pay with your own bank card. I think you can pay cash upstairs.

I have stopped going there and just use the pop up shop in Dundrum and now Liffey Vally to buy my pods. When they ask me if i'm a member i just say no because i don't want to wait till they input my details into the computer for their marketing policy. If its of no benefit to us as customers then don't offer your details. Its a piss take really. It would be totally different if they offered a loyalty scheme for purchases but they don't.

I do love the coffee though. So simple and so nice!!!

Ordering online is probably the easiest, you don't even need to talk to anyone :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's not as complicated as I thought, then. I haven't bought any myself yet because I was given lots of pods with my machine, but it does sound a lot simpler to just buy them online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

It's not as complicated as I thought, then. I haven't bought any myself yet because I was given lots of pods with my machine, but it does sound a lot simpler to just buy them online.

It is easier but sometimes i head to the stores to hand in the old pods. That is the only time i buy them over the counter.

The new Lor? pods which are available from the supermarkets are about the best substitute pod ive used also. Not as good but better than the rest! Aluminium pod too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭pigtail33

The main issue with ordering online is that you have to order 200 pods to get free delivery.

My membership card is a key fob, which I always have in my bag and I just buy a few boxes in Arnotts as I need them. If you don't have your card with you, all they need is your name/phone number to look it up on the system.

+1 for the L'or pods. IMO, they're the best non-Nespresso pods around. And usually on offer in one of the supermarkets.

• Advertisement

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    It is easier but sometimes i head to the stores to hand in the old pods. That is the only time i buy them over the counter.

The new Lor? pods which are available from the supermarkets are about the best substitute pod ive used also. Not as good but better than the rest! Aluminium pod too!!

I got myself a frother to make flat whites at home, and the Lor pods are the best with this! They are divine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Frainc

Got a nespresso machine for Crimbo. I registered on the website, considering the first order. They offer a free gift with the first order. When my wife bought it, she was told about 60 euro worth of capsules that I'll get? I don't see any mention of it anywhere!

Advertisement