Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hide and seek.

Options
  • 06-12-2017 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭

Why can I only get boards on Chrome? Every other search engine says site not available.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Seems to be working fine here, on all browsers. Are you having any issues accessing other sites on non-chrome browsers?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

mike_ie wrote: »
    Seems to be working fine here, on all browsers. Are you having any issues accessing other sites on non-chrome browsers?

One or two sites I've come across haven't worked on the built in browser,mainly for security reasons though I think as it's an oldish phone,4.2.2 I think.
    Google,Yahoo,Bing and DuckDuckGo all give webpage not available. Haven't tried them all but there's a definite trend.

Just to clarify:

In your opening post you ask "Why can I only get boards on Chrome?" - a browser.

However, Google, Yahoo, Bing and DuckDuckGo are all search engines, not browsers. How are you trying to access boards? Typing it into a search engine and clicking on the link that is returned? Or are you typing it into the address bar of your browser?

Just to clarify:

In your opening post you ask "Why can I only get boards on Chrome?" - a browser.

However, Google, Yahoo, Bing and DuckDuckGo are all search engines, not browsers. How are you trying to access boards? Typing it into a search engine and clicking on the link that is returned? Or are you typing it into the address bar of your browser?

Clicking on a link.

The first link returned when you search for "boards.ie" in all of the above search engines work.

However - why don't you simply type "www.boards.ie" into your browser's address bar, rather than searching for it through a search engine? Bookmark it and gets even easier.

• Advertisement

The first link returned when you search for "boards.ie" in all of the above search engines work.

However - why don't you simply type "www.boards.ie" into your browser's address bar, rather than searching for it through a search engine? Bookmark it and gets even easier.

Had it bookmarked and it would take two go's to work every time lately until it finally stopped.
    Probably due to an old phone or something.

Same issue again. Was working there for a while.

Advertisement