Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B1 annual return

Options
  • 06-12-2017 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi I recieved and email from my accountant saying that the b1 annual return is need to be submited and they want 184.50 plus another 20 to submit it im only 6 months after starting the company is this expensive. can anyone help please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Hi I recieved and email from my accountant saying that the b1 annual return is need to be submited and they want 184.50 plus another 20 to submit it im only 6 months after starting the company is this expensive. can anyone help please

Well it's expe side in that it's something you can do in 10/15 minutes for free. It's cheap in that most accountants would charge €200+vat+outlay and you are getting it for €150+vat+outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Go to www.cro.ie and click on the box marked "CORE" on the right.

Then on the next page you'll see a link on the right marked "Core Registration Form". Click on that and fill in the form to register. You'll need your pps number.

Then you can go back and log into CORE where you can file the B1 if you click on "File a form" and then "post incorporation forms". No accounts are required for a first return, and you'll just need to pay the filing fee of €20 and to print out a signature page to sign and submit by post to the CRO (unless you're registered for ROS in which case you can do the lot online).

To be honest, charging €150+VAT+€20 filing fee is exorbitant for something that takes no more than 15 minutes, and that's really stretching it. I've done annual returns in less than 10 minutes. Make the point that its a first return and no accounts are required. Mention that he can do it online and ask him if he wants to keep your business.. Play hardball. If he's charging you €150 for a B1, gawd only knows what he'll charge for your annual accounts...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Davidkiller

Thanks alot for the help no way could i have afforded that type of money for such a small job

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Thanks alot for the help no way could i have afforded that type of money for such a small job

No problem....

I can't quite remember but the data fields in the form may be pre-populated so you may just have to fill in a few things (date of births for directors/secretary perhaps) but otherwise it's a fairly painless process. Also, once you do the first one, subsequent returns will be the same unless there are any changes to the structure of the company (eg issue of additional shares, change of registered office, change of secretary/director/shareholders) but if the correct forms are submitted, the changes will generally be reflected when you fill in the next form...you just have to make sure that it's correct.
    However, with subsequent returns, you will be obliged to attach abridged company accounts. If you have a small company (and it would seem so) then the company accounts need not be audited as long as you file your returns with the CRO on time so make sure you get your books/records to your accountant in good time each year.

Advertisement