Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching council and Erasmus

Options
  • 06-12-2017 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi all. Does anyone know if Erasmus period impacts on teaching council registration? I did mine in Spain but my modules were in English. I'm training in England to be a French and Spanish teacher so will teaching council look down on my application due to the lack of Spanish? TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭ngunners

Hi all. Does anyone know if Erasmus period impacts on teaching council registration? I did mine in Spain but my modules were in English. I'm training in England to be a French and Spanish teacher so will teaching council look down on my application due to the lack of Spanish? TIA.

I doubt it. It would probably depend on whether your Erasmus year was optional or not. In Ireland, it's generally an add-on so for instance you're doing a four year course instead of a three year course and not 'missing out' on any modules. Check the number of credits required and how many you have for just your time in England. I'd be surprised if you didn't meet the requirements.

Advertisement