Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA membership renewal without premission

Options
  • 06-12-2017 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭

Was with the AA for a few years the first year I got AA membership, last year I didn't renew and today I got a letter to say Thank you for renewing. Has this happened to anyone else where they canceled the previous year and they take money out the following year without asking. You would think once a I didnt renew last year the rollover would be stopped. I was onto them a week or so ago asking for a letter as I have changed to another insurance company, unless someone clicked something I don't know how. I called The AA and was told they don't know what happened but as I am in the 14 day cooling off period I am getting a refund.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

Have a read of this thread from askaboutmoney.com
    https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/continuous-payment-authority.185609/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Saw a few of those. Could understand if I had renewed it last year but I didn't I specifically said I didn't want membership for 2016/2017 and it was not renewed so the roll over should not have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭ASOT

spookwoman wrote: »
    Saw a few of those. Could understand if I had renewed it last year but I didn't I specifically said I didn't want membership for 2016/2017 and it was not renewed so the roll over should not have happened.

It must have been renewed last year so id go back and check just incase because it wouldnt be the first time a membership wasnt lapsed when asked, the system thats in place wouldnt allow the membership to be reset up without getting your details again. They changed over systems early this year.

ASOT wrote: »
    It must have been renewed last year so id go back and check just incase because it wouldnt be the first time a membership wasnt lapsed when asked, the system thats in place wouldnt allow the membership to be reset up without getting your details again. They changed over systems early this year.
    Thanks for that I just went through bank records and the f***** b****** did renew it last year when I told them not to when renewing insurance. Chcked my emails etc and there was nothing in there ref membership only about insurance. Sneaky b...... is all I can say. So someone was telling me porkies when they said I didn't renew it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the renewal for aa membership is separate to any car insurance renewal. the email comes from a different address.

• Advertisement

the renewal for aa membership is separate to any car insurance renewal. the email comes from a different address.
    Never got membership renewal emails.
    Update is got a call this morning to say thy are refunding me for last years as well.

Advertisement