Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Name This Plant

Options
  • 06-12-2017 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Can someone id this plant?

Thanks.435436.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

Looks like a gerbera

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭Worztron

Looks like a gerbera

Hi toddunctious. Yes, the leaves look very similar. Are you 100% positive? I vaguely recall it had a flower (and I think it was pink) about 2 or 3 years ago.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Cheers toddunctious. I will go with Gerbera then.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Is it an indoor plant. I'd say it's acanthus hungaricus if it's outdoor? What was the flower like?

Daisy 55 wrote: »
    Is it an indoor plant. I'd say it's acanthus hungaricus if it's outdoor? What was the flower like?

Hi Daisy. I'm fairly sure it's an indoor plant. If I recall correctly, it had a pink flower.

• Advertisement

Was it shaped like a daisy?

Was it shaped like a daisy?

Yes, I think so.

I'd say it's a gerbera then!

I'd say it's a gerbera then!

Yes. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,557 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

Can someone id this plant?

Thanks.435436.jpg

I think Bob would be a good name for it.

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    I think Bob would be a good name for it.

:confused:

More info on name:

Gerbera jamesonii aka Barberton Daisy & Transvaal Daisy.

Advertisement