Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 BDO World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Pints everywhere in the background of the backstage interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

This competition reminds me of having to watch the junior B match after the seniors have played

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

peteeeed wrote: »
    Averages of 82 each, 1 180 , no.2 seed against a 3 time winner should be better than this

it was just terrible
    hopefully it improves

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

What is the story with Ted Hankey?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ally Dick wrote: »
    What is the story with Ted Hankey?

Guy is a gobshite of the highest order, I've posted this before in this forum somewhere

I'm from a small town in North Wales, Hankey was living in Shotton at the time of his first BDO title and for some time before, on Saturdays when he didn't have a tournament he'd come to a club down the road from me (Teh Crosville Club) and spend most of the afternoon there, he'd charge ya 3 quid to play him 1001 and would give 50quid of ya beat him

Even though we had some great Super league players and a few county players nobody normally got within 2/300 of him, the guy was a machine, that was until one Saturday Paul Bryant battered him, think Paul did 1001 in something stupid like 21 darts, of course Hankey went nuts, asked Paul if he fancied double or quits, Paul declined, said it was a one off and he'd take the 50quid.

Hankey threw 50 quid on the table and walked out, never to be seen at the club again

I put a tenner on him at 66/1 to win the Lakeside just before the tournament started, so he made me a fair bit

• Advertisement

Did Ted fail to qualify for the BDO this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Did Ted fail to qualify for the BDO this year?

Yes

scudzilla wrote: »
    Guy is a gobshite of the highest order, I've posted this before in this forum somewhere

I'm from a small town in North Wales, Hankey was living in Shotton at the time of his first BDO title and for some time before, on Saturdays when he didn't have a tournament he'd come to a club down the road from me (Teh Crosville Club) and spend most of the afternoon there, he'd charge ya 3 quid to play him 1001 and would give 50quid of ya beat him

Even though we had some great Super league players and a few county players nobody normally got within 2/300 of him, the guy was a machine, that was until one Saturday Paul Bryant battered him, think Paul did 1001 in something stupid like 21 darts, of course Hankey went nuts, asked Paul if he fancied double or quits, Paul declined, said it was a one off and he'd take the 50quid.

Hankey threw 50 quid on the table and walked out, never to be seen at the club again

I put a tenner on him at 66/1 to win the Lakeside just before the tournament started, so he made me a fair bit

how much would he make on a normal saturday?
    what a d1ck :D

sc86 wrote: »
    how much would he make on a normal saturday?
    what a d1ck :D

He'd be there for a good 6-8hrs, and playing constantly, maybe 10 legs an hour, thats an easy 200quid plus for him, really not a nice guy

scudzilla wrote: »
    He'd be there for a good 6-8hrs, and playing constantly, maybe 10 legs an hour, thats an easy 200quid plus for him, really not a nice guy

****in hell

was he any crack at all?

• Advertisement

sc86 wrote: »
    ****in hell

was he any crack at all?

Very big headed, full of himself, but damn he was good, we just enjoyed spending the day having a few pints and a few games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Scott Mitchell looks like the man to beat this year. Averaged 98 against an opponant who himself averaged 99 in what appeared to be a decent match (only caught the end of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Glen Durrant looks head and shoulders above most other players here. Was interesting hearing his little interview about just how lonely being on the road is, I'd say top level dart players who reach the top level (here and in the better standard competition) must get sick of being away from home as long as they are, no matter how well they're paid.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Danny Noppert would have averaged above 100 if he'd had taken out a few doubles later in the match . This comes 4 days after his mother died. If he can keep his head right he's got to be right up there this year. Last years beaten finalist in his first year. But you're right durrant looks a class act .

This match is pretty terrible. I guess they don't show the dart count or the averages any more to make it harder to draw accurate conclusions abut the quality of the darts.

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Mr. Rahm

This is unbelievably bad. Neither player can count! They can't even hit the big numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

These lads are both shocking. Any half decent player will beat them 3-0 in the 1st round proper. Anyone know who this winner plays .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

millhouse wrote: »
    These lads are both shocking. Any half decent player will beat them 3-0 in the 1st round proper. Anyone know who this winner plays .

Dean Reynolds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

millhouse wrote: »
    Dean Reynolds apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Mr. Rahm wrote: »
    This is unbelievably bad. Neither player can count! They can't even hit the big numbers.

They can't even hit singles!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

Dire stuff this, they're doing well to hit the board.

Losers in these prelims get £2k, if they advance and lose in the first round (last 32) proper they get £3,250. Breakdown is below:

XQ9Mve1.png

Winning average 75.22 jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭SteM

Can't believe I sat through that match. There must be some wrong with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

God even his interview is awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Hammond v Sherrock fairly good so far. Too many stray darts from Sherrock up to now though.

75 average
    this could be worst championship yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

What a match!! I know it's easy say it from my couch but how are these players getting on TV
    That's literally pub standard not even county

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

What a match!! I know it's easy say it from my couch but how are these players getting on TV
    That's literally pub standard not even county

Well the regional qualifiers are bound to produce some players who are unfit for purpose I suppose.

• Advertisement

Lots of the players are missing doubles by big margins

Advertisement