Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 BDO World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

millhouse wrote: »
    We have our first 100+ average on the board at least for now:

It's obviously very early and unlikely in the early rounds we'll see a 100 average but this guys is a serious contender . He would have been close to 100 average in his prelim match only for his doubles to drop off towards the end of his last set . I can see him going a long way if not all the way this year . Not sure at what stage he would meet Glen Durrant as he is a qualifier despite being runner up last year ( which is ridiculous in itself) .

He's down to 95.94 now, we'll see how much further it slips between now and the end, fair to assume he will win this at a canter mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'll be shocked if we don't get a Durrant v Noppert final again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I'll be shocked if we don't get a Durrant v Noppert final again
    Prepare to be shocked as there due to play in round 2

paulie21 wrote: »

How does the seeding work, it seems a lot of the decent "in-form" contenders will meet early enough in the event!

Noppert down below a 90 avg now after his fast start.......

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote: »

How does the seeding work, it seems a lot of the decent "in-form" contenders will meet early enough in the event!
    I thought the commentator said winner of this plays Durrant but says on Wikipedia Durrant plays Fitton

No their not.. their on opposite sides of the draw

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_BDO_World_Darts_Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

I thought the commentator said winner of this plays Durrant but says on Wikipedia Durrant plays Fitton

Yep , Durrant v Fitton

Yep , Durrant v Fitton

If Fitton gets past Thompson

Richie Edwards (71.51) 0-3 (88.92) Danny Noppert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

Felt bad for Edwards towards the end, was struggling to hit 60 with three darts. Only managed a single 5 with his first dart on numerous occasions.

See where I was I was getting mixed up. McGeeney is BDO number one but Durrant is number one seed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Noppert looks good, solid player, will take beating. Might be worth a bet if his odds are decent.

Noppert looks good, solid player, will take beating. Might be worth a bet if his odds are decent.

He was a great price before he won the Finders Masters last month in Holland as he's only 9/2 now with Powers and thats the best price available

He was a great price before he won the Finders Masters last month in Holland as he's only 9/2 now with Powers and thats the best price available

Kinda low was expecting like 7/1 on him.

Suppose he's one of the few in the BDO that doesn't throw bricks at some stages though. Hitting like 26 scores etc.

Kinda low was expecting like 7/1 on him.

Suppose he's one of the few in the BDO that doesn't throw bricks at some stages though. Hitting like 26 scores etc.

Nearly sure he was 12 or 14/1 before winning the Finders
    The best price I remember seeing before the tournament was 7/1

Was 8/1 in Boyles , 7/1 Powers at the start. I'm guessing now it's halved. His mother died last week , would be a fitting tribute to her.

Though think McGeeney is one of the few players in it that can beat him and he has him next. Might put €50 on Noppie at 9/2. Hopefully McGeeney plays like he did against Adams. Noppie beat that standard easy enough I feel.

McGeeney is a false No 1 ranked player as Durrant has played very little this season and has focused on doing exhibitions and making some decent cash rather than going to butlins in bognor regis to play a BDO ranking event for €500 . Similarly the Dutch players don't travel too much outside their homeland or at best close by so the rankings are very heavily weighted in the favour of UK based players . Rankings are an indicator but unlike the PDC can't really be fully trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

jasus nobody at it tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Though think McGeeney is one of the few players in it that can beat him and he has him next. Might put €50 on Noppie at 9/2. Hopefully McGeeney plays like he did against Adams. Noppie beat that standard easy enough I feel.

mcgeeney is a terrible player

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

This is the match of the tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Rankings are an indicator but unlike the PDC can't really be fully trusted.

Small point of order but the PDC rankings can't be fully trusted either - doing it based purely on money means they are now excessively biased towards the one event that has 3x-4x the prizemoney of the other ranking events. It's not really best practise for rankings. Some sort of smoothed points system would be more accurate.

I stand corrected on this as I'm not fully sure PDC rankings are based fully on money. Some tournaments are rankings which carry ranking points and this contrubutes to your position in the rankings but all money is counted once the tournament comes under the PDC banner. Winning lots of money doesnt always mean lots of ranking points . I do accept that often go hand in hand but not always the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

I stand corrected on this as I'm not fully sure PDC rankings are based fully on money. Some tournaments are rankings which carry ranking points and this contrubutes to your position in the rankings but all money is counted once the tournament comes under the PDC banner. Winning lots of money doesnt always mean lots of ranking points . I do accept that often go hand in hand but not always the same

In the PDC a ranking point is a pound coin, in all ranking tournaments

Yes that's correct but you can win a shed load of cash in many other tournaments which are not ranking events. It's possible to win £100k in a season but only get 75,000 ranking points

sc86 wrote: »
    mcgeeney is a terrible player

Hes the kind of player has one great game in him. Wouldnt say hes terrible now!

Dean Reynolds (81.50) 3-1 (76.62) Chris Harris
    Trina Gulliver MBE (80.62) 2-1 (72.00) Vicky Pruim
    Andy Baetens (86.73) 3-2 (85.75) Scott Baker
    Richie Edwards (71.51) 0-3 (88.92) Danny Noppert
    Craig Caldwell (80.38) 0-3 (86.24) Daniel Day
    David Cameron (77.30) 2-3 (84.77) Michael Unterbuchner

Pretty shocking standard again today! Don't have BT Sports so only watched the CH4 afternoon session. Was tonight any good at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Yes that's correct but you can win a shed load of cash in many other tournaments which are not ranking events. It's possible to win £100k in a season but only get 75,000 ranking points

Exhibition prize money doesn't count yes.

• Advertisement

No it doesn't. Only actual PDC your events

Advertisement