Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run to Endure: A Story about Training to Run, Think and Live Better

Options
  • 06-12-2017 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Evening all,
    Just finished a book on my experiences as a runner training for half-marathons and eventually marathons as well as what I learned along the way. Hopefully it's relevant and interesting for runners at any level. Blurb and link below

A Story about Training to Run, Think and Live better

If you have ever struggled with injury, bad habits, doubts or lack of motivation, then this book gives you a blueprint to leave them in your past.

Run to Endure is a series of stories that tracks the ups and downs in the life of an athlete, Morgan K, as he trains in team sports, boxing and eventually running in County Cork, Ireland. When he begins to develop his mindset, he quickly progresses from being a runner without direction and little improvement to taking on sub-3-hour marathons and smashing personal bests along the way.

You will learn how he trained for marathons and half-marathons while running only three times a week. You will see how you can apply his methods and mindset to your own training regardless of your ability or athletic background.

Morgan has learned from his own experiences but also by borrowing a tried-and-tested mental approach which has improved the lives of elite performers for thousands of years. You will learn how to use this philosophy to start reaching your potential.

Run to Endure follows Morgan from his home county of Cork to travels in Asia and back to training and racing in Ireland. The book is broken into short stories and sections so that they are easy and enjoyable to read but also to ensure that you can focus on the content that is most relevant and effective for you. It is laid out so that you can go straight to the parts that you feel will benefit you the most. They will provide you with the first steps to creating your own mental map in realising your best self.

Pre-order on Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

frebel wrote: »
    Evening all,
    Just finished a book on my experiences as a runner training for half-marathons and eventually marathons as well as what I learned along the way. Hopefully it's relevant and interesting for runners at any level. Blurb and link below

A Story about Training to Run, Think and Live better

If you have ever struggled with injury, bad habits, doubts or lack of motivation, then this book gives you a blueprint to leave them in your past.

Run to Endure is a series of stories that tracks the ups and downs in the life of an athlete, Morgan K, as he trains in team sports, boxing and eventually running in County Cork, Ireland. When he begins to develop his mindset, he quickly progresses from being a runner without direction and little improvement to taking on sub-3-hour marathons and smashing personal bests along the way.

You will learn how he trained for marathons and half-marathons while running only three times a week. You will see how you can apply his methods and mindset to your own training regardless of your ability or athletic background.

Morgan has learned from his own experiences but also by borrowing a tried-and-tested mental approach which has improved the lives of elite performers for thousands of years. You will learn how to use this philosophy to start reaching your potential.

Run to Endure follows Morgan from his home county of Cork to travels in Asia and back to training and racing in Ireland. The book is broken into short stories and sections so that they are easy and enjoyable to read but also to ensure that you can focus on the content that is most relevant and effective for you. It is laid out so that you can go straight to the parts that you feel will benefit you the most. They will provide you with the first steps to creating your own mental map in realising your best self.

Pre-order on Amazon

Tell us a little about your running journey. When did you start? What age? How many Halfs did you run and what kind of times? I don't mean every race but did you go from 1.50 to 1.20 or what? What about the marathons? I'm curious. I see you only did 3 days a week, is that so?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭frebel

Itziger wrote: »
    Tell us a little about your running journey. When did you start? What age? How many Halfs did you run and what kind of times? I don't mean every race but did you go from 1.50 to 1.20 or what? What about the marathons? I'm curious. I see you only did 3 days a week, is that so?

Hi Itzinger,

a lot of questions... early 30s, 3 around low to mid 1:20s... hopefully you're curious enough to have a look... you can view a sample on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DontBanMe

Hey, is the book only on Kindle? Is there a paper version available??

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭frebel

Hi 'dontbanme', paper version for the new year hopefully... as a self-publisher, it's not as easy to roll these things out with a full-time job but that's the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DontBanMe

Perfect thanks very much. Best of luck, I've been hearing great things about it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement