Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrolling through Facebook Newsfeed ridiculously slow?

• 06-12-2017 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭

When I scroll down through Newsfeed on Facebook it is unbelievably slow! Like what I'm doing is clicking on the bottom arrow... It is just painful! Nothing on the screen is mixed-up or scrambled or missing bits, it's all perfectly fully loaded if ye know what I mean, just scrolling is super super slow! If I click on the bar between the 2 arrows and drag that up and down it skips over things and seems like it's stuttering / whatever the scrolling version of buffering would be!

Anyone any suggestions to help?! Is there some other kind of scrolling that I don't know about it?!? Like you would think that it'd be super-fast Jet-speed displaying more and more stories on the screen instantly / as soon as I scroll, but stuff takes aaaaaaaaaaaaaages to roll into view while I'm scrolling along... :(

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I know this is very late after you posting but is this on the Facebook app or mobile site? I only use mobile site because the app used to drive me mad (all the notifications and the amount of memory it used!)

I'm sure the scrolling is very straight forward do it might be an issue with the app itself or your browser? Sometimes these things are just glitchy for a while when something is going on in the background (maybe updates or something).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have the same experience. I only use browser (on mobile and desktop) and it can be very slow and patchy to load.

Advertisement