Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tacx Trainer - Setting Up Contact With Wheel?

Options
  • 06-12-2017 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Picked up a basic Tacx Blue Swift trainer today and considering how basic the unit is the instructions aren't very clear. I have the tyre pumped up between the 6-8 bar recommendation but I'm not sure how close the roller needs to be set up to the tyre?

It says firm, but how firm? Lightly pressing on the tyre? Or maybe so the tyre is squashed a good bit?

I tried searching for advice but couldn't find anything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Close enough so you can feel the resistance but not too tight to cause difficulty to pedal. Too close will result in a premature end to your tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tacx_T2220_Flow_Multiplayer2.jpg

If it slips you'll feel it, then raise it slightly more.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Close enough so there is no slip when you're at maximum resistance and no closer. Too close, it becomes harder to pedal and you're wearing down the tyre and bearings on the brake unit.

Advertisement