Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trump/US to recognise Jerusalem as Isreal's capital

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Obama promised to recognise Jerusalem as the Jewish Capital - so did Clinton.The only reason those other presidents didn’t do what they promised - is because they knew that tArab Islamists would go insane - and kill innocent people - for a change.
    Jerusalem is the eternal capital of the Jewish people. It really is as simple as that. How many other nations of people consistently claim the same capital for millennia? What other country has the rest of the world deciding what they get to call their capital city?
    The Arab world respects strength more than weakness imo, and this decision has not brought Palestine crashing down either. Just because you dont like Trump well, that shouldn't come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Obama promised to recognise Jerusalem as the Jewish Capital - so did Clinton.The only reason those other presidents didn’t do what they promised - is because they knew that tArab Islamists would go insane - and kill innocent people - for a change.
    Jerusalem is the eternal capital of the Jewish people. It really is as simple as that. How many other nations of people consistently claim the same capital for millennia? What other country has the rest of the world deciding what they get to call their capital city?
    The Arab world respects strength more than weakness imo, and this decision has not brought Palestine crashing down either. Just because you dont like Trump well, that shouldn't come into it.

The palestinians.

Syria & Iraq & Yemen have got civil war.
    Lebanon is being slowly digested by Hezbollah.
    Isis is operating in Egypt.
    Hamas is doing what Hamas does.
    The Palestinians are paying people to stab Jews.
    Libya is butchering Nigerian slaves.
    Iran is building nukes to go on their missiles and is trying to subvert Bahrain.
    But, by recognising a 3,000 year old truth, TRUMP is going to set the region aflame?
    Don't make me laugh.

Iran is building nukes to go on their missiles and is trying to subvert Bahrain.
    But, by recognising a 3,000 year old truth, TRUMP is going to set the region aflame?
    Don't make me laugh.

That seems to be a rant just plopped down there for no particular reason.

As far as I am aware, no uk or Irish broadsheet has yet reported on the attack on the jewish students in the gothenburg synagogue yesterday, sheltering in the basement for hours while 20 masked men threw molotov cocktails and gas canisters in?

ODhin your comments seem like rude replies just plopped there for no reason. It is a thread about Trump and Jerusalem and claims of a knock on effect, what more reason do I need to write about all of those things. That's a rhetorical question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Ah Trump actually delivering on campaign promises get again..how dare he!

They great thing about this is every president since Clinton promised to do the same thing and like most politicians do bottled it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As far as I am aware, no uk or Irish broadsheet has yet reported on the attack on the jewish students in the gothenburg synagogue yesterday, sheltering in the basement for hours while 20 masked men threw molotov cocktails and gas canisters in?

ODhin your comments seem like rude replies just plopped there for no reason.
    So the Israelis will probably target a few schools and hospitals now. It's what they usually do. Then their weaponry will need to be replaced from their big arms factories in the US. Keeps jobs ticking over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Jerusalem is a city, which is divided between 2 states. 1 which has existed for millennia (palestine) and one which has existed since 1948 (israel)
    whether it's the "eternal capital of the Jewish people" or not matters not, as jews come from all over the world. the countries where jews are born, which is nearly every country in the world, already have their own capital city, which will be their capital city.
    Don't make me laugh.

no "truth" is being recognised. just nonsense from a fairy tail book. the jews lived perfectly fine for thousands of years beside arrabs on that land. it's only when the zionists extremists took it over that the trouble began. since 1948, increased amounts of europeans and americans began to flock in mass to the area and began evicting the natives (europeans did flock to the land a lot earlier then 1948, but have increased in number since then)
    the evictions, land theft, ethnic cleansing, mass slaughter, isn't hundreds of years ago, but current happenings

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Don't make me laugh.
    That is why my heart is with the Jewish people in this struggle for Jewish freedom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That is why my heart is with the Jewish people in this struggle for Jewish freedom.

What about the Palestinians?
    What about when the Israelis fire their rockets into schools and hospitals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Don't make me laugh.

You forgot to mention Israel’s apartheid, ethnic cleansing and terrorism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Zebra3 wrote: »
    You forgot to mention Israel’s apartheid, ethnic cleansing and terrorism.

Is Trump to blame for all those as well?

Pull the other one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

What about the Palestinians?
    What about when the Israelis fire their rockets into schools and hospitals?

How about we all be honest, acknowledge both sides have done and continue to do some pretty fcuked up stuff and not pretend the middle east is some peaceful paradise.

the jewish people correctly, have full freedom, and there is no struggle. what is happening, is a minority of extremists, who are mostly european and american, are laying claim to land they have no claim to, and are engaged in a program of ethnic cleansing of the natives, and engaging in land theft from those natives, who have the actual claim to the land. this has been facilitated by america for decades, and was ultimately started by a jesture of good will by the british and UN, in giving some land to allow a jewish state to exist. the jewish state was infiltrated by extremists, and the rest is history. israel wanted to and did, take more land in their aim of creating a super state where only those of the right varient of jew can live, and the rest, including those who are not of the right varient of jew, would be treated as third class citizens. it is a country which does not represent jews as a whole. the vast vast majority of jews are good people who condemn the actions of israel. jews, arrabs and muslims lived on that land side by side in harmony for thousands of years.
    Venom wrote: »
    How about we all be honest, acknowledge both sides have done and continue to do some pretty fcuked up stuff and not pretend the middle east is some peaceful paradise.

most of us do that.
    the fact however is, one side does a hell of a lot worse and gets away with it, while the other is condemned. there is no level playing field here.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Venom wrote: »
    Is Trump to blame for all those as well?

Given how Israel is funded and armed by the US and afforded protection at the UN allowing it to constantly breach international law, yes.

the jewish people correctly, have full freedom, and there is no struggle. what is happening, is a minority of extremists, who are mostly european and american, are laying claim to land they have no claim to, and are engaged in a program of ethnic cleansing of the natives, and engaging in land theft from those natives, who have the actual claim to the land. this has been facilitated by america for decades, and was ultimately started by a jesture of good will by the british and UN, in giving some land to allow a jewish state to exist. the jewish state was infiltrated by extremists, and the rest is history. israel wanted to and did, take more land in their aim of creating a super state where only those of the right varient of jew can live, and the rest, including those who are not of the right varient of jew, would be treated as third class citizens. it is a country which does not represent jews as a whole. the vast vast majority of jews are good people who condemn the actions of israel. jews, arrabs and muslims lived on that land side by side in harmony for thousands of years.

most of us do that.
    the fact however is, one side does a hell of a lot worse and gets away with it, while the other is condemned. there is no level playing field here.

Who are you to speak for the vast majority of Jews and to scurrilously slander those who support the right of Israel to exist? All Jews I know would reject and condemn what you have just said, I will not waste my breath as I can see you are not to be deterred and you sound like you may have been well and truly duped and brainwashed. A visit to Israel would enlighten you and disabuse you of these nonsenses.

Who are you to speak for the vast majority of Jews and to scurrilously slander those who support the right of Israel to exist? All Jews I know would reject and condemn what you have just said, I will not waste my breath as I can see you are not to be deterred and you sound like you may have been well and truly duped and brainwashed. A visit to Israel would enlighten you and disabuse you of these nonsenses.

Not all Jews live in Israel.

i'm as far from "duped" and "brainwashed" as it gets.
    i know a terrorist state when i see one. i know an apartheid state when i see one. i know a state which breaks every international and human rights law going when i see one.
    israel and saudi arabia are those states. the 2 most prolific breachers of international and human rights law. i will no more be visiting israel then i would saudi arabia or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Jerusalem is a city, which is divided between 2 states. 1 which has existed for millennia (palestine) and one which has existed since 1948 (israel)

You can't just use 2 definitions of states here to try prove your point. The area was part of the Ottoman state until post-WW1; it was no more a Palestinian state than an Israeli state at that point in time (or during the period before it under the Mamluks and whomever else).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Odhinn wrote: »

No sh1t Sherlock.

No sh1t Sherlock.

What's your view on all this?

What's your view on all this?

That your latest input was irrelevant.

And....?

And....?

You suggested "a visit to israel" would change his mind. Since there is opposition to the colonisation of the occupied territories within israel, and in the wider Jewish diaspora, thats hardly going to be true, is it? Besides, the colonisation is a fact, not a matter of opinion.

• Advertisement

That your latest input was irrelevant.

No, whats your view on the OP.

The Palestinians are far from angels in all this

They are being colonised. What would you like them to do?

They are being colonised. What would you like them to do?

Id like them to have ice cream and cake but that's neither here nor there.

They want to destroy Israel.

• Advertisement

Id like them to have ice cream and cake but that's neither here nor there.

They are being colonised, what do you think they should do?

Simplistic rubbish and I suspect you know it.

They are being colonised, what do you think they should do?

I think they should have ice cream and cake but that's neither here nor there.

I think they should have ice cream and cake but that's neither here nor there.

Why can't you give an honest straight answer on the topic?

The 2017 charter accepted for the first time the idea of a Palestinian state within the borders that existed before 1967 and rejects recognition of Israel which it terms as the "Zionist enemy"

The 2017 charter accepted for the first time the idea of a Palestinian state within the borders that existed before 1967 and rejects recognition of Israel which it terms as the "Zionist enemy"

.....whose charter is that, might I ask?

Are you saying that justifies colonisation btw?

.....whose charter is that, might I ask?

Are you saying that justifies colonisation btw?

Hamas. The Islamic lunatics elected.

Why can't you give an honest straight answer on the topic?

I did.

I did.

I have yet to see it. You might be as good as to elaborate - the Palestinians are being colonised, what do you think they should do?

Stop trying to destroy their neighbours.
    Israelis could do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pithythefool

If the Israelis were allowed have their way, with no consequences, they would spread out across the entire middle east.

If the Palestinians had their way, without consequences, they'd destroy Israel in its entirety.

Two groups of people that hate each other, neither better than the other in terms of intent. Level the playing field, pull out all outside influence and mitigation, and let them sort it out themselves.

Most of the worst atrocities in the world have been due to outside meddling, its past time that people look after their own business and let others look after theirs. Balance will occur naturally, even if initially violently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I have yet to see it. You might be as good as to elaborate - the Palestinians are being colonised, what do you think they should do?

They should remove Hamas from power that’s what your Palestinians should do Nodin/eotr!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Current Israeli leadership basically supports ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. They have committed what amount to war crimes in recent years.

Hamas. The Islamic lunatics elected.

Hamas are a minority party, in control of Gaza alone. It's the equivalent of claiming a fringe settler party in the knesset is the israeli government.

Fatah are the recognised representatives of the Palestinian people, whose ceasefire has rendered them entirely irrelevant.

pitifulgod wrote: »

Current Israeli leadership basically supports ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. They have committed what amount to war crimes in recent years.
    Palestinians are committing war crimes by blowing children up. It doesn't detract from the objective of wanting to destroy Israel the home of the Jewish nation.

Stop trying to destroy their neighbours.
    Israelis could do the same.

But Israel is aggressively colonising the Palestinian territories - what do you expect them to do?
    They should remove Hamas from power that’s what your Palestinians should do Nodin

As previously stated, they are a minority party. Secondly, the colonisation predates hamas foundation by some decades. Why should the onus be on the Palestinians to reign in a minority party, when its existence or non-existence had no bearing on Israeli expansion?

Palestinians are committing war crimes by blowing children up. It doesn't detract from the objective of wanting to destroy Israel the home of the Jewish nation.

Again, you evade addressing the question of Israeli colonialism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

The Israelis have also blown up many children. Do you approve of war crimes and ethnic cleansing? Based on posts of yours in the past, you appear to.

But Israel is aggressively colonising the Palestinian territories - what do you expect them to do?

Are you thick?
    I told you already.
    Your hard on for Palestine is funny.

Are you thick?
    I told you already.
    Your hard on for Palestine is funny.

Other than facetious comments, you've said nothing. I'm against colonialism. Generally you don't get people defending too many other colonial projects these days, when they do its not really funny at all.

• Advertisement

Other than facetious comments, you've said nothing. I'm against colonialism. Generally you don't get people defending too many other colonial projects these days, when they do its not really funny at all.

I didn't defend colonialism.
    You're funny.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement