Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trump/US to recognise Jerusalem as Isreal's capital

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CosmicJay

they pull out of territories because they are effectively told to do so behind the sceenes. they don't do it for peace. the reason they don't go in to the occupied territories full on is because there would be a huge risk of other states rising up and invading which would require a nuke to push them all back, meaning america would have to nuke israel first to protect it's middle east interests.

i haven't done it in any post. stating israel is the absolute cause of the conflict (which it is and that's an unescapeable fact) is not condoning hamas.
    there was only 1 case of hamas storing weapons in a UN facility, the weapons were removed upon discovery. there are no "terror tunnels"

"Cop on" "like"

Ooooh, oh no, for the second time? Ah dang, bad luck there mate. So if they’ve been caught twice, how many times have they not.

https://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/press-releases/unrwa-condemns-placement-rockets-second-time-one-its-schools

Ah it’s gone a Pete tong there, the UN just recognised the existence of the tunnels. Ah hogwash.

https://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/press-releases/unrwa-condemns-neutrality-violation-gaza-strongest-possible-terms

It’s all make believe and Jewish propaganda right? The UN are right on the travellers, but 100% wrong about Hamas right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Ballstein wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what the purpose of your trip to these countries was? It’s fair to say that none of them are on the tourist trail and I’m sure the Israeli stamp on your passport would have raised more than a few questions from the Saudi immigration officials or vice versa from the Israeli officials if you visited the countries in reverse order. Your ability to rhyme off statistics on Hamas rocket attacks and your seemingly horrible luck to have witnessed two public acts of medieval justice all point to you being a shill or a spoofer.

Just for information's sake, Israeli authorities don't normally care what Muslim countries you've been to as long as there's a plausible explanation and no obvious red lights. Likewise, they don't stamp your passport with a visa, they give you a disposable card in place of a visa, it's a blue and white yoke in Hebrew with your face on it.

Do you mind me asking what the purpose of your trip to these countries was? It’s fair to say that none of them are on the tourist trail and I’m sure the Israeli stamp on your passport would have raised more than a few questions from the Saudi immigration officials or vice versa from the Israeli officials if you visited the countries in reverse order. Your ability to rhyme off statistics on Hamas rocket attacks and your seemingly horrible luck to have witnessed two public acts of medieval justice all point to you being a shill or a spoofer.

I went over to go to a Krav Maga course, worked hard, took no real holidays over the last few years, needed to do something a bit out there.

I had a friend move to Tel Aviv so thought why not.

Israel doesn’t stamp your passport, a sticker with a barcode was applied to the back of my passport and I got a small blue card detailing my entry into the country.

I got a stamp for Lebanon and Saudi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

Meanwhile the rest of the World agrees to recognise Disney Land as the capital of the USA.
    They already have Daffy Duck in charge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Ballstein

CosmicJay wrote: »
    Ooooh, oh no, for the second time? Ah dang, bad luck there mate. So if they’ve been caught twice, how many times have they not.

https://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/press-releases/unrwa-condemns-placement-rockets-second-time-one-its-schools

Ah it’s gone a Pete tong there, the UN just recognised the existence of the tunnels. Ah hogwash.

https://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/press-releases/unrwa-condemns-neutrality-violation-gaza-strongest-possible-terms

It’s all make believe and Jewish propaganda right? The UN are right on the travellers, but 100% wrong about Hamas right?

Dang, hogwash, mate. If your going to try and pretend to be a Paddy at least learn to speak like one. A random “Irish” poster just happens to have travelled to the Middle East, witnessed savage brutality by the Palestinians only, sides with the colonising Israelis and can immediately post links and quote statistics to discredit Hamas. Will you go off to bed, your running up the electric bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

they pull out of territories because they are effectively told to do so behind the sceenes. they don't do it for peace. the reason they don't go in to the occupied territories full on is because there would be a huge risk of other states rising up and invading which would require a nuke to push them all back, meaning america would have to nuke israel first to protect it's middle east interests.

Forgive me, but by the time of the Israeli invasion of the West Bank and Gaza in 1967, the policy of wholesale expulsion of peoples was still very much on the table; it happened ten years later in Cyprus, 25 years later in Abkhazia and Azerbaijan, all the while without nuclear escalation. I mean hell it happened a few months ago in Myanmar and there is not so much as a peep on the subject beyond people wringing their hands and decrying it as terrible. To be frank, given the current US administration, I'm not sure there is any pressure left on Israel to not do....well anything - and yet nothing dramatic has happened.

Dang, hogwash, mate. If your going to try and pretend to be a Paddy at least learn to speak like one. A random “Irish” poster just happens to have travelled to the Middle East, witnessed savage brutality by the Palestinians only, sides with the colonising Israelis and can immediately post links and quote statistics to discredit Hamas. Will you go off to bed, your running up the electric bill.

Sent you a PM, I’ll send you all the proof you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dreamliner

Forgive me, but by the time of the Israeli invasion of the West Bank and Gaza in 1967, the policy of wholesale expulsion of peoples was still very much on the table; it happened ten years later in Cyprus, 25 years later in Abkhazia and Azerbaijan, all the while without nuclear escalation. I mean hell it happened a few months ago in Myanmar and there is not so much as a peep on the subject beyond people wringing their hands and decrying it as terrible. To be frank, given the current US administration, I'm not sure there is any pressure left on Israel to not do....well anything - and yet nothing dramatic has happened.

It's no secret that the Arab states have behind the scenes dealings with the Israelis and God knows what agreements ... I highly doubt they haven't pushed everyone out just cos of the goodness in their hearts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

dreamliner wrote: »
    It's no secret that the Arab states have behind the scenes dealings with the Israelis and God knows what agreements ... I highly doubt they haven't pushed everyone out just cos of the goodness in their hearts.

I certainly see where youre coming from when you refer to behind the scenes dealings wither Israel versus the public face the arab states put on. That said Im struggling to imagine what sort of deal they could have along the lines you mention, and even if they did it would still strike me as a better state of affairs than the mass explusions mentioned above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

You do realise these countries are right next to each other yes? Sure shoot me your email. I’ll send ya pics.

You'll have to work harder on your lies. Israel and Lebanon are next to each other but the border is sealed and there is no direct travel between the two states.

Israel and Saudi Arabia do not border each other, Jordan is in the way. Basic research before posting your propaganda will help avoid you getting caught out in the future.

I don't doubt you for a second. I wouldn't trust Palestinians in fear of getting beheaded.

Why would you fear being beheaded by Palestinians? Do you fear being ethnicly cleansed by Israelis or them blowing up your kids? Or is it that you just like a spot of the old racism against Palestinians?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

What you mean like you and the rest of the Palestinian shills and spoofers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I'm not especially convinced of that; Israel already has the power over the borders it supposedly will never have, yet they have not gone down the route of their neighbours in completely extirpating the local population. Its a pretty terrible situation for Palestinians living in the occupied territories, but they at least get to live in the occupied territories - why, if Israel had no interest in any kind of long term peace, would they not simply expel the local population outright?

The US wouldn't like it, hence the slow drip ethnic cleansing.
    Why did they pull out of Sinai when the prospect for a peace deal with Egypt came? Ditto Gaza? It make look like a grim situation but Israel does have some track record when it comes to pulling out of occupied regions in exchange for peace.

They didn't have the numbers to hold Sinai and couldn't afford a long term war of attrition with Egypt.

Gaza was a saving of resources combined with an attempt to appear to be "generous" politically, while actually undermining the Palestinians.
    I don't doubt you for a second. I wouldn't trust Palestinians in fear of getting beheaded.

Why?

Your ability to rhyme off statistics on Hamas rocket attacks and your seemingly horrible luck to have witnessed two public acts of medieval justice all point to you being a shill or a spoofer.

On the other hand, he clearly spoke of his visit to the Gaza Strip and the actions of Hamas, and in your response you referred to the West Bank...
    ...you just happen to be the only Irish person who's gone to the West Bank and felt sorry for the coloniser's...

Well seeing as everyone is jumping up and down about geography...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

it's only when you go to these areas you see how it's bit more then either black and white.

spent month there and still kinda feels all over the shop about it, even if I'm pro Palestine

Zebra3 wrote: »
    You'll have to work harder on your lies. Israel and Lebanon are next to each other but the border is sealed and there is no direct travel between the two states.

Israel and Saudi Arabia do not border each other, Jordan is in the way. Basic research before posting your propaganda will help avoid you getting caught out in the future.

Why would you fear being beheaded by Palestinians? Do you fear being ethnicly cleansed by Israelis or them blowing up your kids? Or is it that you just like a spot of the old racism against Palestinians?

Funny enough heres a photo of me at Petra in Jordan.

https://i.imgur.com/QqL9jcv.jpg

One can travel through countries to get to other countries ya plank.

I'll leave this here.

https://i.imgur.com/w7swwhv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

No but you along with eotr and a few other posters want the ethnic cleansing of the Jewish people some would say that’s a racist view point if your going to throw around that word!

On the other hand, he clearly spoke of his visit to the Gaza Strip and the actions of Hamas, and in your response you referred to the West Bank...

Well seeing as everyone is jumping up and down about geography...

Thank you,

The majority of people don't get the West bank is under Israeli occupation controlled by The Palestinian Authority and Gaza is completely run by Hamas, a terrorist organisation.

Funny enough heres a photo of me at Petra in Jordan.

https://i.imgur.com/QqL9jcv.jpg

One can travel through countries to get to other countries ya plank.

I'll leave this here.

https://i.imgur.com/w7swwhv.jpg

Oh dear.

Firstly you were in Petra. Big deal. Been there too. That doesn’t change the fact that you claimed Israel and Saudi Arabia were next to each other when they are not.

And the pic of you on the israeli side of the SEALED border at Rosh Hanikira? What are you trying to prove? Why don’t you post pics for those who haven’t been there showing that the border is closed?

Do you think you are the only person on here to travel around there?

Oh dear.

Firstly you were in Petra. Big deal. Been there too. That doesn’t change the fact that you claimed Israel and Saudi Arabia were next to each other when they are not.

And the pic of you on the israeli side of the SEALED border at Rosh Hanikira? What are you trying to prove? Why don’t you post pics for those who haven’t been there showing that the border is closed?

Do you think you are the only person on here to travel around there?

You're original post stated that I was lying and posting propaganda.

Now that you were given proof you try to pivot to stop yourself looking like an ass.

The border is closed between Israel and Lebanon, but you do realise you can travel from Jordan to Saudi and Lebanon right? Or from Istanbul to Lebanon and Saudi, or any other country in the immediate vicnity.

Stop the drama lad, thanks

I'm just wondering where eh, my failure to do basic research has caught me out. :rolleyes:

Also just to clear up, you can cross at Eilat into Aquaba in Jordan and get a bus right into Haql or Tabuk in Saudi.

It's not rocket science.

Eilat in Israel is max 70km's from Haql in Saudi. So not a large distance at all.

Ye spoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

There's a few unsuspecting Pallywood viewers on boards.

Also just a gentle remindedr some of you are defending Islamists and Palestines human rights records is non existent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Well it's been a few days and the world hasn't ended. Protests happened sure, nothing out of the ordinary. Trump must be happy.

You're original post stated that I was lying and posting propaganda.

Now that you were given proof you try to pivot to stop yourself looking like an ass.

The border is closed between Israel and Lebanon, but you do realise you can travel from Jordan to Saudi and Lebanon right? Or from Istanbul to Lebanon and Saudi, or any other country in the immediate vicnity.

Stop the drama lad, thanks

I'm just wondering where eh, my failure to do basic research has caught me out. :rolleyes:

Also just to clear up, you can cross at Eilat into Aquaba in Jordan and get a bus right into Haql or Tabuk in Saudi.

It's not rocket science.

Eilat in Israel is max 70km's from Haql in Saudi. So not a large distance at all.

Ye spoofer.

You said the countries were next to each other. Now you are saying that are not.

And I’m the sooofer? :rolleyes:

You said the countries were next to each other. Now you are saying that are not.

And I’m the sooofer? :rolleyes:

Lebanon borders Israel. Saudi is within 70km's.

They pretty much are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You don't expect people to read aljazeera, surely?

You don't expect people to read aljazeera, surely?
    It's the alternative view as opposed to the "official" US and Israeli versions.

What about the other report?

Oh good lord.

Exactly what I said when I read them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

You do realise these countries are right next to each other yes? Sure shoot me your email. I’ll send ya pics.

Why would I be afraid of the Jews? They would not kill me, I can't say the same for the Islamic terrorists.

Exactly what I said when I read them.

These people aim to shock and manipulate well meaning or gullible people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

No but you along with eotr and a few other posters want the ethnic cleansing of the Jewish people

this is more made up nonsense from you, but not surprising. nobody has ever stated they want the cleansing of the jewish people.
    what has been said, israel must be back within it's borders (as set out in 1948)
    Lebanon borders Israel. Saudi is within 70km's.

They pretty much are.

you stated the countries were next to each other. then you changed your mind when you got caught out.
    These people aim to shock and manipulate well meaning or gullible people.

well they don't need to as there is plenty of other documented evidence for israel's large mountain of crimes.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Why would I be afraid of the Jews? They would not kill me, I can't say the same for the Islamic terrorists.

Yeah, because Northern Ireland is top of their list.:rolleyes:

Even ISIS aren't crazy enough to get mixed up in that mess of a province.

Grayson wrote: »

Yeah, because Northern Ireland is top of their list.:rolleyes:

Even ISIS aren't crazy enough to get mixed up in that mess of a province.
    HAMAS talked about fury, indicating to more terrorism. A Jew is not going to strap a suicide bomb and attempt to blow up UK citizens and won't kidnap me if I visited that part of the world. Unlike the Islamic terrorists.

this is more made up nonsense from you, but not surprising. nobody has ever stated they want the cleansing of the jewish people.
    what has been said, israel must be back within it's borders (as set out in 1948)

you stated the countries were next to each other. then you changed your mind when you got caught out.

well they don't need to as there is plenty of other documented evidence for israel's large mountain of crimes.

I think you are an anti-semite hiding behind a Palestinian shield to bash the Jewish people of Israel.

After I managed to find evidence from the UN disproving your previous statements you now try to argue about the fact I said Saudi Arabia was beside Israel, when it is in fact 70km's from the border.

I would like a response to the links I posted directly disproving your comments please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

HAMAS talked about fury, indicating to more terrorism. A Jew is not going to strap a suicide bomb and attempt to blow up UK citizens and won't kidnap me if I visited that part of the world. Unlike the Islamic terrorists.

They might if you were muslim. And there was a point where they attacked british citizens.

The first suicide attacks in modern history were by Jews against british citizens in Palestine in the 40's.

And there have been many documented attacks by israelis on muslims. Like when a muslim boy was burned alive by israeli's.

No religion has a monopoly on hatred and violence.

I think you are an anti-semite hiding behind a Palestinian shield to bash the Jewish people of Israel.

nope. you think wrong, again. nice try though, that is one of the old reliables the zionist supporters try to use. doesn't work though, as going on the logic, those who have a problem with an islamic country's government are islamophobes and want to bash all muslims.
    After I managed to find evidence from the UN disproving your previous statements you now try to argue about the fact I said Saudi Arabia was beside Israel, when it is in fact 70km's from the border.

you said the countries were next to each other. you got caught out. the links you provided didn't disprove what i said, it backed it up.
    I would like a response to the links I posted directly disproving your comments please.

they didn't disprove what i said.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

Grayson wrote: »

They might if you were muslim. And there was a point where they attacked british citizens.

The first suicide attacks in modern history were by Jews against british citizens in Palestine in the 40's.

And there have been many documented attacks by israelis on muslims. Like when a muslim boy was burned alive by israeli's.

No religion has a monopoly on hatred and violence.

Compare and contrast the religious violence in the 21st century with Islam and the rest. False equivalencies does you no favour.

nope. you think wrong, again. nice try though, that is one of the old reliables the zionist supporters try to use. doesn't work though, as going on the logic, those who have a problem with an islamic country's government are islamophobes and want to bash all muslims.

you said the countries were next to each other. you got caught out. the links you provided didn't disprove what i said, it backed it up.

they didn't disprove what i said.

You have not posted any backup or evidence whatsoever for your claims.

The claims were, Hamas only used UN facilities once, and that terror tunnels dont exist.

I have not seen you post any proof whatsoever of this.

The claims were, Hamas only used UN facilities once, and that terror tunnels dont exist.

both are accurate. it's all in the thread, along with all the other threads on the topic of israel.

• Advertisement

You must have great patience. I was warned about getting into circular arguments with certain posters on Boards, they have endless capacity to repeat the same regurgitated tripe for all eternity. There is only one conclusion really. To put it this way, people know what they are doing here.

both are accurate. it's all in the thread

Ah yes,

Both are accurate, and in the thread, I have had a look back and can see absolutely nothing you have posted to be what you claim.

If you recall to the recent traveller thread you constantly repeated over and over that the UN were correct, competent and always aware of particular oppressed minority states.

I put to you, with these links directly from the UN, that your claims have been proven to be false.

Both of the above is a solid admission by the UN that your theories are incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Seeing as the conversation has drifted away from Trump and Jerusalem for a while now, I think it's time to close this down.

Thanks to all for your contributions,

Regards,

Buford T. Justice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement