Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACA DEBK exam

• 06-12-2017 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭

Just did mine today, much harder then the toolkit.

Hopefully passed, how did others find it? And how long do results take to get? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lena.allez

I did mine on Dec. 9 in Blanchardstown.

About direction. Was lost trying to find that test centre, no indicators whatsever... Spent 30mins looking for this place and almost got the panick attack. For anyone who is doing in Blanchardstown, please take bus 39 and get off on bus stop 1904. Much easier that way.

The actual exam is harder and tricker than i expect. so many traps...... I've heard we gonna get it in around 3-4 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

I got results next day on results page next day. I passed, but wasn't happy how the exam was. I felt the toolkit gave different expectations to what the exam would be like.

CAI result page? I still wait for mine....

thanks for the reminder. just checked. got 16.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KungFuneral

Guys in the off-chance that you check this in the next few hours can anyone offer some help.

I'm noticing that the solution for working out the Depreciation Charge differs between Q.22 in the Mock 1 online exam and Q.3.52 in the Toolkit.

I'm sitting my exam tomorrow and have just hit somewhat of a crisis mode.

The method I had been using, and the method shown in the the Toolkit is as follows;

1. (Opening Balance - Disposal) x 20% = x

2. (Disposal x months of yr owned/12) x 20% = y

3. (Addition x months of yr owned/12) x 20% = z

x + y + z = Depreciation Charge

The method being shown in the mock works out the proportions on a monthly total value basis, or something that goes as follows;

{ (Opening Balance x 3/12) + ((Opening Balance + Addition) x 6/12) + ((Opening Balance + Addition - Disposal) x 3/12) } x 20%

Assuming the addition was made on April 1st, the disposal was made on September 1st and a 31st December YE.

I am almost certain that the first method is correct but I am a little bit thrown by the Mock Solution, and suprised I hadn't noticed it since I've gone over the mocks a good few times. I had assumed I'd gotten Q22 incorrect previously just due to addition errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Guys in the off-chance that you check this in the next few hours can anyone offer some help.

I'm noticing that the solution for working out the Depreciation Charge differs between Q.22 in the Mock 1 online exam and Q.3.52 in the Toolkit.

I'm sitting my exam tomorrow and have just hit somewhat of a crisis mode.

The method I had been using, and the method shown in the the Toolkit is as follows;

1. (Opening Balance - Disposal) x 20% = x

2. (Disposal x months of yr owned/12) x 20% = y

3. (Addition x months of yr owned/12) x 20% = z

x + y + z = Depreciation Charge

The method being shown in the mock works out the proportions on a monthly total value basis, or something that goes as follows;

{ (Opening Balance x 3/12) + ((Opening Balance + Addition) x 6/12) + ((Opening Balance + Addition - Disposal) x 3/12) } x 20%

Assuming the addition was made on April 1st, the disposal was made on September 1st and a 31st December YE.

I am almost certain that the first method is correct but I am a little bit thrown by the Mock Solution, and suprised I hadn't noticed it since I've gone over the mocks a good few times. I had assumed I'd gotten Q22 incorrect previously just due to addition errors.

For Depreciation I draw a T account. As the asset (debit to increase and credit to decrease) and if the question states it's proportional.

Debt_________________________________________________Credit
    Opening balance (full year)*20% ¦ sold asset (x/12)*20%
    new purchase (x/12)*20% ¦
    New purchase (x/12)*20% ¦

I then have the debit minus credit side. The positive debit side would be the the deprecation charge.

T accounts help everything!!

I hope this helps, PM if you need any help :)

Advertisement